Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Corsair Tail Wheel/Stab

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Kyosho Corsair Tail Wheel/Stab

Old 12-31-2003, 12:43 PM
F4U Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Corsair Tail Wheel/Stab

I was wondering if anyone has any better ideas for the Tail Wheel that comes with this plane. It seems to be lacking to me.
Has anyone ever had any problems with it the way Kyosho has it installed.
To me it seems to put a lot of weight on the rudder.

The Stab slides through a slot in the fuselage and it requires Epoxy for this.
Could anyone give me an idea how to Epoxy the Stab in place so that I don't make a mess all over.

Thanks Guys
Old 12-31-2003, 02:49 PM
Anderson

Default RE: Kyosho Corsair Tail Wheel/Stab

Installing Stab on Kyosho Corsair with minimum mess:

First, prefit horizontal stab and make sure that its parallel to main wing.
Mine required light sanding to fit properly and a fillet to seal gap.
After prefit and your alignment marks are made slide stab in fuse leaving naked area to be glued, exposed.
Mix your epoxy and thinly apply it to to top and bottom of glue area on the stab.
Anticipate that a majority of the epoxy will be squeegeed from one side of the stab to the other so apply your epoxy accordingly.
Be johnny on the spot with both dry and alcohol saturated paper towel to catch any excess epoxy .
Don't forget to place that U shaped elevator connector in with the stab or you'll be improvisin'.

Advice on tail wheel assembly:

The assembly provided is perfect, however the problem is bending that 90 degree bend at the top of the brass tube and trailing edge of Vert' stab. Close to impossible for us perfectionists.
Solution buy the same guage wire from local hobby store, make 90 deg' bend first and slide it down through fuse and use original wire as a template for the wheel holding part.

Anderson
Old 12-31-2003, 02:52 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I replaced the supplied tail wheel with a 1" aftermarket unit. I don't have problems with the way Kyosho has it installed. When the plane is rolling, the tail wheel bears very little weight on it.

As for glueing the stab in place, put epoxy on the stab (not on the fuse) after you remove the covering and have plenty of paper towel and a bottle of rubbing alcohol nearby.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:33 PM
F4U Killer

Thanks Guys

I figured that was how the Stab had to be glued. I was just wondering if there was another way that I hadn't thought of. (Sometimes it don't hurt to ask)

I had missed the copper for the Tail wheel. I had thought it was going to be the plastic that was the retainer for the wire. I feel better about this assembly now.

Thanks