Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

HOB T-6

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 12:54 AM
scudrunner77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOB T-6

I have just about finished my House of Balsa T-6. Been thinking about putting the AP .15 engine on it because it looks like it will fit nice under the cowl. (rear exhaust)
But of all the post I have read it seems that the AP .15 has the least amount of power compared to other .15 engines: 14.5k rpm with 8x4 vs. 17k with OS .15. Also will be flying from grass... Has anyone tried the AP .15 on a HOB T-6? Should it have enough power?

Thanks for any info!
Old 05-18-2004, 08:18 AM
paladin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: HOB T-6

Many, many years ago when that model was new three other guys and me built them to do some mach racing. We powered them with FP .15 and off the grass they were horrible! The problem was that the combination of power and small wheels would allow the ruts in the grass to change the planes direction faster than we could react at times. Our final solution was to replace with FP .20's. While it still would change direction there was enough power to dampen the direction changes to get a reliable takeoff run.

A few years down the road I started in combat so I built another of those models. Actually I bought MODEL TECH AT-6 ARF which is a copy of this plane. Due to midd-airs I've had a lot of engines on it. MECOA Conquest .15, FP 25 with McCool mods, FP 20, Norvel .15 and Norvel .24 Big Mig (what is on it now). While the .15 engines were considerably slower I took more ribbons with them. At this point the .15 would have made very nice sport fliers but I was launching off a catapult so I can not comment on the ground handling.

At best any .15 will be marginal off grass.

Joe Felice
Old 05-20-2004, 12:33 AM
scudrunner77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOB T-6

Ok

Thanks for the info. I will probably put at least a .19 on it then.