Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Fokker flew

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 10:55 PM
daw
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fokker flew

Arizona Models 1/5 scale Dr.1 ARF
I took the Dr.1 out for it's maiden flight tonight. Started with some taxi work. Surprised at how well it behaved. Tried some faster taxi just enough to get the tail up, didn't take much. About ten minutes in I went taxi tail up again and I realized I was about three feet off the ground so I applied more throttle and up, up and away. I was really surprised with how nice it flew. I noticed it is slow to respond and I think it has to do with the slow speed and little air over the surfaces. It does respond and turn well just not as touchy as I'm use to with say the Corsair or even my Sig Liberty Sport Bipe. I really y got kind of nervous at how slow it flew at times. I took it up and stalled it only to see it sit motionless for a second then drop the nose and start flying again after only dropping maybe three feet. The it cam time to bring it in. Made a couple low and slow passes. Again I got nervous because there isn't much speed difference between slow and full throttle, or not as slow. I came in pretty steep but kept the speed up by keeping the nose down. I leveled it at about two feet and it settled down on the wheels and rolled a couple of feet. I will experiment a bit with different props. The OS 52 with the 14-6 took off at half throttle but never really did much more except climb better at full throttle. Will try a 13-6 next. Have always used and been happy with 12-6 on the 52 but it just doesn't look right with that big cowl.[img][/img][img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71509.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	158522  
Old 07-29-2004, 08:40 PM
aghost
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fokker flew

Congratulations on a sucessful maiden flight. The plane looks good!!
Brian