Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Robinaire 60 Size Rotating Retracts

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Robinaire 60 Size Rotating Retracts

Old 04-14-2005, 06:16 PM
Robinaire
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Robinaire 60 Size Rotating Retracts

Hi Kerry; You probly have received my acknowledgment, as I got the paypal notice 5 minutes before I got your email!! They are FAST!!! Lee
Old 04-14-2005, 06:34 PM
Robinaire

Hello all!! I just updated Kerry and decided to put it out for all. I have now received 6 paid orders, with a 7th on the way, and a possible 8th up in the air. So essentially I have 1 position left, but may have to let go of my personal set! We finished the last couple of minor adjustments today, and Jay said they will start the run Monday. So I will probably pick up the goodies Tuesday AM. After I see the situation this weekend, I will probably call him Early Monday and increase the quantities. He has been forwarned!! I have been so impressed with the support I have had from everyone during a very trying time. I have been spread paper-thin this past year, with trying to get out my normal 1/5 & 1/4 scale goodies ( 5 Bearcats, Kawanishi "George", Dewoitine 520 (almost finished), Seafury (also nearly completed, and P-47. ) Hmmm--what will I do with all my spare time?? No, Luke, I WILL NOT redo your driveway!! Lee Robinson
Old 04-14-2005, 06:36 PM
voyager_663rd

Old 04-15-2005, 05:45 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Lee,

Thank you for the drawings. I would like everyone to sit down, class is in session! Just kidding! Ok, first off the full scale landing gear blue print was just that, to show the landing gear. The wing is not show to scale or even correctly. The Corsair has very large flaps with small doors that folded in at the bottom leading edge of the flap. None of this is shown on the Royal plan or on your full scale drawing, in fact the flaps are shown the same size as the ailerons! To illustrate this I took the Detail and Scale drawings and dropped them over the Royal retract plan, almost a perfect match as far as outline and gear placement. (Royal plan is shown in RED)The only error on the Royal plan is the gear door size, scale size would need it extended 5/16" (see first drawing). My F2G has scale size flaps, that's why I need your gear to be shorter. I have no doubt the Top Flite wing is much wider, to increase wing area. Also it has tiny flaps as compared to the full scale plane.

Let me know what ya think,

Dion

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23538.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	258728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32294.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	258729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg92760.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	258730  
Old 04-15-2005, 10:54 PM
Robinaire

'Evenin' Luke; It's 11:30 pm, & we just got in from bowling, so thought I'd check for msgs. The scale of the flaps is unimportant in this case. I was trying to relate the position of the wheel relative to the rear spar, which is actually the trailing edge. This is a construction and assembly dwg and shows the position of the wheel relative to the spar, including even the rub block for the tire. The whole purpose for the pull-up was to get the wheel into the space in front of the spar. It otherwise would overlap the leading edge of the flap! A common occurrence with the Corsair was the failure of the snubbing cable which pulls the lever/rod combo up to shorten the leg. When that happened, the wheel would jam the flap and interfere with its operation, and often created damage. If the wheel were in fact that far ahead of the trailing edge, it would not have required a pullup as there would have been space for the wheel. The actual pullup is 4". I'm going to look through my stuff for the letter of explanation I got from an old gentlemen who was one of the original engineers on the Corsair in the late '30s and was a historical archivist with the company at the time I got the drawings, even tho' he was in his 80s!! I had the opportunity to speak to him by phone for a short time, although not discussing details. It was when I was requesting the dwgs. But the pullup was mentioned and that's when I learned about the cable breaking problems. If you have some other Chance-Vought dwgs, I'd appreciate copies to ad to my records. But I would put the wheel position wherever you prefer, as well as for anyone else. Now I'd better hit the sack before my eyelids overlap my nose!!!Have been up since 5:30!! Lee
Old 04-16-2005, 05:31 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

The scale of the flaps is unimportant in this case. I was trying to relate the position of the wheel relative to the rear spar, which is actually the trailing edge. This is a construction and assembly dwg and shows the position of the wheel relative to the spar, including even the rub block for the tire.

I know Lee, but the blue print of the full-scale gear you gave me was not blown up to the proper scale. The tire on your drawing is 4 3/8" and the wing is not shown proper cord length, if you make this drawing true scale the tire will fit the scale wheel well as I have drawn it. The blue print is authentic and totally accurate as far as the gear are concerned, it's just not printed out in the proper scale. I think your gear are great, I'm just very picky about my scale projects, that's just what I enjoy! I also enjoy scale discussions but I know it offends some for some reason. Your gear are perfect for 99.9 percent of the modelers out there, I recommend you guys get them! I was just by your house yesterday, didn't know it until I got back and saw the address on the envelope you sent me! If you would have sent me your address before when I asked I would have came by for a visit!

Dion

Old 04-16-2005, 09:06 AM
Maiden Voyage

Luke,

Some people may not like or agree with your "scale discussions", but if they would just sit back, read the discussion with an open mind and not get their panties in a twist, they just might learn something. One thing is for sure, right or wrong, you have a great eye for details. Thanks for your contributions!

MV
Old 04-19-2005, 03:19 PM
voyager_663rd

ORIGINAL: Robinaire

Hello all!! I just updated Kerry and decided to put it out for all. I have now received 6 paid orders, with a 7th on the way, and a possible 8th up in the air. So essentially I have 1 position left, but may have to let go of my personal set! We finished the last couple of minor adjustments today, and Jay said they will start the run Monday. So I will probably pick up the goodies Tuesday AM. After I see the situation this weekend, I will probably call him Early Monday and increase the quantities. He has been forwarned!! Lee Robinson
It's Tuesday.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:46 PM
Robinaire

Hi Len & all; Boy! You are a "clock watcher" Len!! But here is the "poop". First, I got the timing from the machinist, not Jay, as he was away for a couple of days. As I mentioned before, he was sneaking this little peanut job in amongst his major jobs ( example, 20 mold base plates at about 3 grand each!) I called him this afternoon after coming home from the hospital. What a fiasco there! I was scheduled for an out-patient procedure to drain that renal cyst again. After about 3 hrs and having an IV nmeedle taped to my arm, they came in and said they had never received my blood test results! They called the Drs office to get the report faxed over, and after about 3 calls, found out that the lab had never picked up the samples the night before! So after an unrefrigerated night, they were worthless! So they had to cancel the procedure and set it up for Thursday, 9 AM. What a bummer! But back to Jay. He says that now it will be Friday, and he will call me Fri and I will probably pick them up Monday. But it gives me a few extra days (today and Thuirs. are blown out!) to finish the other goodies, the little nit-picking things like cross shafts, retraction levers, special link pin, scissors attach parts and rest of strut parts . I'm about half way through these (have all strut tubes done) and should be done with all by weekend. So Monday I should be assembling gear! I increased the quantity from 10 to 15 sets for this run, as I intend to list these on my website next wek as well in the RCU sales sites. As promised, here is a list of the first 6 to go out, with a couple of fence-sitters in the background. 1. Paul Hobbs; 2.Len Dennis (Canada); 3. Randall Dickerson; 4. Jon Thompson (Holland); 5. Don Hatten (Alaska) 6. Kerry Wright. I have at least 6 more inquiries that have come in including 2 for the Bridi Aero Commander, and one for an SBD. So maybe things will start moving! Thanks again to all for your faith and support! Lee
Old 04-19-2005, 06:52 PM
voyager_663rd

Well ya know Lee, I figger that that kind of post is better than a plain ol'

bump

Glad to see that all this activity is keeping you hopping. Hope I am as active as you are when that time comes for me.

Old 04-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Maiden Voyage

Lee,

As an incentive, how about posting a picture of a complete (once you get one of course) set, fully assembled with all the extras. Might help drum up some business, and for those of us that feel like kids before Christmas, give us something to drool over while we wait. [sm=sunsmiley.gif]

MV
Old 04-21-2005, 07:22 AM
Robinaire

Good morning Len; I intend doing just that!! I'm leaving for the "horsepistol" in about 15 minutes, and am only supposed to be there one day. So I'll be back on the air tomorrow, Lee
Old 04-24-2005, 10:32 PM
voyager_663rd

Hope you passed your tests Lee
Old 04-25-2005, 07:50 AM
Robinaire

Good morning Len & all; Thanks for the concern Len. It wasn't a test, but redraining of a large renal cyst on my right kidney. The Dr. drained only a litre of fluid, and said it was still considered large. But 15 months ago, the same Dr. drained it when it was originally found. I had a rather large "pot" that didn't reduce when I lost weight everywhere else! My wife said I had "no butt"!! So I had a ct scan done, and the picture was of a huge white cloud covering my entire abdomen! So they set up to drain it, and drained 6.7 liters of fluid! Doc said it was the largest he had seen in 30 years! (Hey--when I do things, I do 'em right!!) It was literally pushing my organs out of the way. But I had absolutely no symptoms, I was just FAT!! So now I have to have it checked every couple of years Sometimes they don't come back, but usually do. But it is simple; They stick a needle into you near the kidney ( you don't even feel it) and suck the fluid out with, of all things, bottles of VACUUM! Yep, evacuated vacuum bottles. I was able to go home around 5, and told to behave myself for 3 or 4 days, and do nothing strenuous. I have cheated a bit by working on some drawings, and sorting out some stuff. But I feel good, and am supposed to pick up the key parts today, although Jay hasn't called me yet (Something about a thing called a "bill"!!) Any volunteers??? Lee
Old 04-25-2005, 10:20 AM
jthomson

Lee,

That might just be more information than I needed [X(] but great to hear that you are still 'live 'n kickin. Do you think you are going to make it to Top Gun this year?

Jon
Old 04-25-2005, 11:14 AM
Robinaire

Good morning Jon; Whoops! Evening! Yes, I guess I got a bit long-winded, but I found this bit rather fascinating! Had never heard of such a thing before! I will not make it to Top Gun. With some of the delays I have had, I can't afford to take the time off. I had promised to start shipping by the first of the month, and I'm still trying mightily to keep that schedule. Everybody has waited very patiently long enough! Lee
Old 04-25-2005, 12:43 PM
corsaircrazy
My Feedback: (2)

Don't sweat the small stuff Lee. Just take your time and get it out when you can. We are all patient adults..... I' ll take mine when you are ready.
You need to take care of your health first, then deal with business matters.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:01 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Hey Lee,

No hurry, man. Get well, get rested, good health! I can wait.

Don
Old 04-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Maiden Voyage

Lee, you get healthy first, then take some time for yourself! I've waited this long (1 1/2 years) for some decent gear. I can wait a little longer. Just post some pics I can put under my pillow [sm=sleeping.gif] and I'll be happy for a while.

Kerry
Old 04-25-2005, 07:12 PM
Robinaire

Thanks guys, I really appreciate that! This evening I decided to get rambunctious and do some trimming with my shiny new Sears gas trimmer. You know the type "Easy Start; prime a few times, put lever to start, and pull"" --and pull--and pull--- ad nauseum! About 40 pulls later, it started, and as soon as I opened the throttle--it died! A few more pulls and it started again, and this time I let it idle for about 3 minutes, and it started to behave! Of course, it produced a bawling out by my wife!! I've decided that you fellows have got to be the best modeling group out there! As soon as these 15 sets are committed, I will start another larger run. I also expect to have the 1/5 & 1/4 scale versions ready to go in about 6 weeks. Now y'all make perfect landings on my gear, just like me!! (What the heck is the emoticon for "tongue-in-cheek???) Lee
Old 04-26-2005, 05:29 PM
Robinaire

Good evening people; Well, I behaved myself for a couple of days, honest! (Actually under baseball-bat threat from my wife!) Do any of you guys have one of those at home???!! There is a small plus to a couple of days delay. I was going to have to set up the package in an old box, not the right size. So, Monday morning the box co. salesman showed up with a sample of the proper sized box! So tomorrow I'll be taking some pics. Catch you all then. Lee
Old 04-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Robinaire

Good evening all; I'm pooped! But I finally got things together in a box!! No packing, or you couldn't see anything! Second photo is of "plug-in" leg system. I didn't tell you about that! (smirk-smirk!!) The cnc parts are ready, but I probably won't pick them up until Fri. or Monday. Shop is down in Boynton Beach, and I'm still working on all the little pieces and legs! Some of my accessories haven't arrived yet, and the final assembly of the cnc parts (side rails & rotator case) is a snap, and the last thing. But at least they are there waiting for me, instead of vice-versa! Will update all first of the week. Won't quite make a first shipping date, tho I tried! I expect to finish all the little nit-picking items next week and then start assembling and shipping! Now I'm going to go eat supper, take ahower, and relapse!!! Lee
Old 04-27-2005, 05:29 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Lee, about the TF P-40 plans that you have, are they from the old red box TF kit or the newer Gold Edition kit?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:08 PM
voyager_663rd

So close Lee, I can smell the tires turning. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Robinaire

Hi Richard and all; The plan I have is only the center section and has nothing identifying the version. Dale Carpenter sent me the plan. Hey Dale, are you there? Answer the dude!! Lee

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.