Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Kit Kutters, Inc.?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Kit Kutters, Inc.?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 12:46 PM
tlovett
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kit Kutters, Inc.?

Does anyone have experience with these folks? I noted their prices seem reasonable and was wondering if anyone has information on them. I really like having a complete kit, not just parts......All help appreciated.

Tim
Old 03-26-2005, 12:48 PM
tlovett

Default RE: Kit Kutters, Inc.?

Oops, I guess that is Kit Cutter, Inc.

their site is www.kitcutters.com
Old 03-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Katchmarek
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't heard of them...almost sounds like they are too good to be true! Those prices are real good. I hope someone out there knows these guys and give us a good report.
Rob
Old 03-27-2005, 07:39 AM
rrudytoo
My Feedback: (27)

I had their site in my "Favorite Places" for quite a while but deleted it about a year ago. I never used them but they continue to have a good link to designers and their offerings along with some kit information. I had forgotten all about them until your post, tlovett. I have to say they have added a lot of new offerings to their repretoir (sp?). I don't recall any Dave Platt designs before and they now list the Don Smith Ju-88 which is fairly new on the scene.

Someone HAS to know something about them! If I weren't in the process of an imminent move out of state, I'd bite. But the last thing I need right now is another box to take with me!

Al
Old 03-28-2005, 05:51 PM
tlovett

The prices did seem very good, but with not knowing anything about them I was a little wary.[]
Old 12-29-2005, 10:51 AM
jsilvers
My Feedback: (219)

It is as you suspect - the prices are too good to be true.
I tried three times to get kits delivered from them.
I wait 4 - 6 months each time, the last time was simply a wing kit, and they
never delivered a thing.

I have yet to find anyone who has received product from them.

I have had great success from Climate Models in Canada (www.climatemodels.com).

Joel Silverstein
Old 12-29-2005, 02:29 PM
scale dail
My Feedback: (8)

I have to chime in, I waited 7 months for a kit and gave up, got it from someone else in less than 2 weeks. they have a nice website, but were is the product?
Old 12-30-2005, 06:59 AM
carlbecker
My Feedback: (3)

After six months or so and some emails with excuses/problems and phone calls that never connected with a person I just gave up. I like the prices and selection but only use it a resource. I found that SPPS had a Vought Kingfisher from that site.

Carl
Old 01-02-2006, 06:10 AM
Potawatomi13

I have sent my plans and gotten them back and was told that my kit should be ready by Feb. Have been quick to answer emails but sent my plans back in wrong tube and had to contact them to get my original back.
Hope there are no problems but at least they don't ask money up front.

Actually, prices don't seem too good to be true. You could probably buy a shelf kit for much less for the same plane, if available.

Bill Kohler[8D]
Old 01-03-2006, 05:11 AM
Harigo

Ordered the vailly aviation tempest short kit. They said it would take 3 months. Waited 3 months no news. Emailed them... they told me one more month.... waited... in the forth month sweet reply " we are hopelessly behind on our kits. Would you cancel. We have not debited your card."

Wow... what a waste of time... I had ordered the accessories from vailly 2 months back... forced to scramble to find another kit cutter.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:35 AM
RBW_mich

Hello all,

I also ordered 2 kits in Oct 2005.
They said the kits should be ready in January 2006.
After a number of mails , in which they explain they are behind in their production process, they always ask more time.
This in not funny anymore....starting to be very disappointed with the hole thing.
The problem is they seem to be very friendly and nice but until now i did not receive the real thing.
I try to contact them this week... if they do not not react in a proper way and really make their promises true...shouldn't we start telling Innocent modelers not to order anymore because this is actually the only part that does work with the company.
tell you next weeks.
Hope they are honest people ....

RBW'er mich

real pilots are taildraggers
Old 05-10-2006, 02:57 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had experience with a company called The Airplane Works. Was owned by Chuck Gill (Deceased) now owned and operated by his son Mace Gill. First quality quick turnaround, great wood, everything fits well, and everything is there. Great people to do business with. I can't speak highly enough about them.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 05-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Chilipecker
My Feedback: (37)

I ordered a Dave Platt T-28 short kit from Jesse at Laser Lizard www.laserlizard.com . Great price and I had my parts in about a week. TOP Quality stuff.
Not sure if he has plans for everything like some other places, but rest assured, if he says he will do something, you can consider it done.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:40 AM
carlbecker

I wonder why Kit cutters has a web site. They do not cut for anyone. Very strange way to run a business. It seems a total waste of time to contact them.

Carl
Old 05-22-2006, 03:40 PM
RBW_mich

Hello all,

Again I tried to get more info from kitcutters.
And they still answer as always !QUOT!Yes, we know you are still waiting and its very frustration for the both of us. We are trying to complete your order as soon as possible.

Joe Hrkel !QUOT!

I start to dislike the guys because I already paid them for ordering 2 plans (6 moths ago).
Does anyone can give me an idea how to proceed?[:-]

I'm getting bored by waiting and waiting.....[]

So far nothing positive... still hoping to put something positive of these guys on this site but until now the only thing that worked was my payment...[:@]

greetings from Belgium.

Michel
Old 05-22-2006, 04:06 PM
jsilvers

I had the same experience. I finally gave up and had them return my plans.
I never gave them any money up front. I ordered the plans and sent them to them.

My advice is have them send you your plans and have a reputable business (All American Kit Cutters, Precision Cut Kits, Cornell Michaels, The Aeroplane Works)
cut your kit.

I have had several kits cut by Climate Models in Canada, but you have to trace the patterns for them.
They then scan your drawings and cut from the scans. Their work is excellent and the prices very good.
The accuracy of the parts is dependent on the quality of the drawings you supply.

Joel Silverstein
Old 05-24-2006, 07:39 AM
carlbecker

Isn't it great that Stan Alexander writing for the Model Aviation column Radio Control Scale mentions Kit Cutters on page 107 of the current June 2006 copy. I wonder if he actually had an order completed from Kit Cutters. He says there is a 3 month wait for the cut. Now more modelers will have experiences with Kit Cutters. I hope they are positive.

Carl
Old 05-24-2006, 09:20 AM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too saw that Carl when I got my copy in the mail yesterday. It will be interesting to see if he has to wait and wait for his order.
John
Old 05-24-2006, 01:25 PM
RBW_mich

Hi Guys,

I do not think this is great that someone makes positive add for them because until now nobody received the paid (or partly paid) kits....
I think it is better to warn people for the problem that they will take money and there after the only thing they say is

QUOT!Yes, we know you are still waiting and its very frustration for the both of us. We are trying to complete your order as soon as possible.

Joe Hrkel !QUOT!
[:@][>:][:@][>:][][]
It is not funny to pay for nothing in return.

Should any of you guys try to contact Stan Alexander writing for the Model Aviation column Radio Control Scale to explain our worries and to state it into the magazine so no further harm will be done, and no other RC modellers are disappointed in them...

Your ideas....are welcome.

I again tried to contact them for the status of my kits and until now the stay in silence (with my money[>:])
Old 06-05-2006, 03:10 PM
RBW_mich

Hi guys,

We can not leave this item death ....[:@][:@][:@]
So here again one week later as my previous mail, i got again a message of kit cutters, inc.[:@][:@]
!QUOT!We understand your frustration and am trying to complete your order as quickly a possible.

Joe Hrkel[:@][:@]
!QUOT!
Again waiting , waiting and waiting .[][].this does not run as a normal order....[&o][&o][&o]

We need to inform more people (friend modelers RC planes) that these guys are not honest...

Can anybody give me a contact or a mail address of Stan Alexander writing for the Model Aviation column Radio Control Scale.

Thanks,

RBW mich

[>:][>:]

[>:][>:]
Old 06-05-2006, 03:29 PM
carlbecker

You could try this:

http://www.modelaircraft.org/Mag/index.htm

Stan's email.

Stan Alexander RC Scale [email protected] contributing editor.

Stan might have just found these guys on the web like I did. I actually tried them and got no where. He might have just "talked to them". I am not trying to defend anyone just giving a thought.

Carl
Old 06-12-2006, 02:07 PM
RBW_mich

Hi Guys, the letter in attachment i sent out to Stan Alexander who writes for model aircraft magazine... Hope this will protect other modelers and force the company to be honest..

If someone wants to add something more please do not hesitate to do so and mail it to [email protected] <[email protected]>...

Michel

Real pilots are taildraggers ...............

"
Dear Sir,

I received your mail-address from some modelers who also as I did have ordered a kit from Kit Cutters Inc and have nothing but problems with this company. I ordered my parts in October 2005 and the only thing I receive from them is that they are working on my order.

I did pay them already for the plans...and some more.

As I understand you write for a larger model aircraft magazine and you mentioned this company in your latest review??

I think a lot of enthusiast modelers have ordered parts at Kit Cutters Inc and didn't receive anything.

So by this writing I would like to warn you and all other modelers that this company is not a very honest company. So please warn also your readers.

To read more of these negative reports of this cutting company please visit ...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_28...tm.htm#4310696

The only thing that Kit cutters Inc has is a beautiful webpage, great pricing and a fully operational order page but all the rest is non existing (I fear it, still hoping it is not true but after 6moths my chances are low to receive my money back or to go further with my order with them).

Hope this is not to negative news for you but I want to protect young modelers that encounter same problems as I and loose money...

Best regards,

Michel

Belgium. Europe

"

Old 06-12-2006, 03:19 PM
jsilvers

Here is a copy of my letter to Stan.

I read your info about www.kitcutters.com. Have you actually received
a kit from them?

I saw their web site a few years ago and ordered a kit.
They quoted 2 weeks to deliver. Fortunately I sent no money.
After 6 months I canceled the order.

About 6 months later I tried again with a simpler kit. I sent them the plans.
After 6 months, no kit, no response. They did finally send the plans back.

Being an eternal optimist, I tried again about a year ago. This time just
a wing kit for a Senior Telemaster. Same deal, 6 months, many excuses, no kit.
I was luckier than many other modelers I've talked to. I got my plans back and
gave them no money.

These guys do not deserve any free advertising and, in fact, a warning
in your magazine would be more appropriate to protect modelers. These guys
give honest modelers like Cornell Michaels, All American Kit Cutters, Precision
Cut Kits and the Aeroplane Works a bad rap.

Joel Silverstein
Old 06-12-2006, 07:23 PM
jsilvers

Here is the response from Stan Alexander to my letter.

"Thanks Joel. I haven't done any business with them and was wanting to know
what type of service AMA members had received from them.

I'll file this e-mail and continue to investigate them and if get additional
confirmation I will definately let the membership know. As it is I will let
the NASA membership know of your problems and what you've encountered, so we
can spread the word.

Thanks for writing!

Stan"
Old 07-07-2006, 11:47 AM
old ranger

Hello folks,
after months of waiting for a PRE-PAID kit to arrive from kitcutters, with nothing but excuses from ol' Joe, I went ahead and contacted local law enforcement in hunntington beach calif. the hi-tec crime unit (dealing with computer fraud) was VERY interested in what all I had. It seems my order itself was enough to make a felony for ol' joe. If you folks who have been waiting for your stuff to show up in the mail would, please call Dective McCain at 1-714-375-8470 and share your experiances with him. Lets change it from ol' joe's con to old joe the con. ol' joe cashed my check on 3/22/06 and no plans have shown back up here either.
I am also taking up a collection for 'ol joe, he will need pink lipstick and some kind of cheap perfume, that way he's shure not to be a wallflower at any dance in prison. Feel free to pm me.
old ranger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.