Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

need cool bombs for 1/7 p47

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

need cool bombs for 1/7 p47

Old 04-14-2005, 01:28 PM
parkerspop
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need cool bombs for 1/7 p47

building TF p47 and want to mount bombs on the outer bomb pylons. I don't like the TF bombs, very boring.... I am looking for something with fins, any ideas or will I have to make them myself?
Old 04-14-2005, 05:25 PM
Connery

Default RE: need cool bombs for 1/7 p47

I'm looking for some bombs too. Will probably end up making them from balsa and plastic sheet.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:24 AM
bkmust

Default RE: need cool bombs for 1/7 p47

I had same plane. Made my own bombs and they turned out great. Find a correct size plastic bottle. I used a shampoo bottle if I remember correctly. Cut off both ends until you have a cylinder. Cut it off for the correct length. Fill with spray insulation foam that comes in an aersol can to give it body. Glue 2 inch thick blue foam on each end. Round the front with sandpaper the round shape and do the same in the back only with a taper. You could use light ply for the fins, but I used aluminum. Cut the back foam with slots for the fins. Epoxy into place add the bracing in between the fins and you are done except for paint. I then made aluminum brackets to attach to the pylon and put screws through the ends into the sides of the bombs in order to attach them to the plane.
BK