Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Royal B-25

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 12:12 AM
KingAirJockey
Banned
My Feedback: (-2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal B-25

Well,if things go right I'll have one in my hangar soon.My question is how well do they fly.This would be my first twin and am interested in finding out what types of engines were run in these.Also,I'd like to know who makes retracts for it.Any info would be appreciated
Old 01-11-2002, 01:54 AM
Jack Devine
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Royal B-25

I had one several years ago with twin OS Wankle's in it and it flew beautifully. I had Spring air retracts in it and with the gear retracted it was a real joy to fly. It landed hot and I took the nose gear out of it several time because of that. It needed flaps to slow it down. Not a bad looking plane and a great flyer. I have a Ziroli B-25 now and it is also a great plane. Only complaint about it is its a pain in the back side to transport. I think you will really like the plane.
Jack Devine
Old 01-11-2002, 11:13 PM
KingAirJockey
Banned

Default Royal B-25

Thanks for the info.The one I am purchasing is already built with fixed gear,do you think it would be hard to convert it to retracts?
Old 01-13-2002, 12:09 AM
Jack Devine
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Royal B-25

The kit required you to make the decision on retracts before you started sheeting the nacells and the bottom of the fuselage. It could be converted but I think it would be a ton of work. You have to modify two of the nacelle formers before you installl the retract. The Spring Air gear I used was the firewall mount type and drilling the formers to get the gear mounted would be the biggest part. You would end up removing a lot of sheeting just for access.
I think I'd fly the plane the way it's built and if you really like it put it up for sale again and build another with the retracts installed in the building process. The Royal kits are now marketed as Marutaka kits and Hobby Barn in Arizona sells them exclusively. Hope this helps you make your decision.
Jack Devine
Old 01-17-2002, 02:40 AM
KingAirJockey
Banned

Default Royal B-25

Decided to skip the retracts,your right,way too much work would be involved.Planning on a pair of magnum 4 strokes.Does anyone have the c.g. location for this bird?Also,does anyone know of a website with pics of b-25's.Mine is camo and I'm looking for some details as far as markings go.
Thanks