Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Likes Line Retracts

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Likes Line Retracts

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2002, 12:58 AM
Terry Reeves
My Feedback: (171)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Likes Line Retracts

Any suggestions and operation tips on these style retracts would be much appreciated. They are in a Ziroli P51 I'm purchasing, and looking for any setup advice/maintenance,etc,etc. hanks for your help. Regards, Terry
Old 01-25-2002, 08:11 AM
mselby
My Feedback: (1)

You can contact Likes, the website is http://www.aero-sports.com/likesline/
Mike
Old 01-25-2002, 02:20 PM
Ed Red

Default Likes Line

I bought a set for my quarter scale mustang a couple of months ago. The action is scale like and they seem to be exceptionally strong.

The only hangup I have with them is that I could only get 6 complete cycles per battery charge. They advertise 50-60 cycles per charge but that must be for their smallest retracts. I called Hank Likes and he said that the weight of the wheel also has an influence on the number of cycles. 50 down to 6 still seems unreasonable to me.

They supply a 14.4 volt 700ma battery and a wall charger with the retracts but the charger doesn't help you at the field with no place to plug in.

When the charge runs out the gear stops in whatever position they happen to be in. Half down would make for an interesting landing.

I've put 2 14.4 volt switchable battery packs made from 1500ma sub C cells in my Mustang. Adds about 4lbs of weight.

My retracts are huge and will do significant damage to a finger caught between the strut and wheel well so be careful.

Other than feeling mislead on the number of cycles per charge and the lack of being able to recharge at the field, the retracts are pretty good.

Good Luck,

Ed
Old 01-25-2002, 04:46 PM
INJUN_EAR
Banned

Default Likes 2000?

I have a pair that are model 2000 I bought in the swap area. Are these the retracts you're talking about? I plan to use them in a Ziroli Mustang also.
Old 01-25-2002, 05:50 PM
Ed Red

Default Likes Line

Yes, mine are the model 2000 except I had them beefed up with 7/8 in struts and lengthened to 13 1/2 in from pivot to axle.

Ed
Old 01-28-2002, 02:40 AM
Terry Reeves
My Feedback: (171)

Default Retracts

Thanks for the help!! 've also been told to use a switch on the radio with a "center off" position so battery pack cant accidently be discharged by a limit switch-any advice. Also sounds like not many flights per charge, unless extra battery packs are tken along or a good 12V field charger is available??? Terry
Old 01-28-2002, 05:23 AM
mselby

The Likes switch can be operated by a small servo, just be careful not to inadvertantly switch off. The filed charger is rather a necessity, although I have averaged around 8 cycles. If you need ballast you can always add a battery.
Mike
Old 01-28-2002, 05:27 AM
INJUN_EAR
Banned

Default .

Eight cycles on what size battery, and what size gear, on what size airplane?
Old 01-28-2002, 07:04 AM
mselby

tricycle gear on a 120 inch P38, 1600 ma battery pack.
Mike