Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

GP AT-6 Texan ARF WINGS needed

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

GP AT-6 Texan ARF WINGS needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 08:47 PM
mikekosatka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GP AT-6 Texan ARF WINGS needed

Thw subject says it all. I crashed my Great Planes 40 sized AT-6 Texan (Why they call it a AT-6 and then put Navy decal on I don't know) and destroyed the 59.8 inch wingspan wings. Tower sells them for a hundred dollars!! without wing tips but have been on backorder for months. Does anyone have wings they aren't using ( ) or maybe plans?
Mike
Old 05-11-2006, 11:19 PM
HarryJ
My Feedback: (98)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP AT-6 Texan ARF WINGS needed

You can buy the complete ARF for a few dollars more and have all of the rest of the parts. Or better yet, get the new one and use all components from the old one and keep the old one for parts.

Harry
Old 05-12-2006, 08:25 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure about being able to buy a new one anymore: it appears unfortunately that they have been discontinued. Altho Tower still lists parts, they no longer list the complete kit (ARF).

I have a completed spare wing (assembled, ready for retracts and radio gear), and would let it go for about 1/2 the cost of a new one (as in: $50 FIRM).

Problem is shipping, especially since it is assembled. If all else fails, drop me an e-mail and I'll see if we can work something out.

I'll be traveling to western Kentucky (from SW Michigan, along U.S. 41) around Memorial Day, and attending the Terre Haute, IN Warbird Day event along the way.

Yeh, making an SNJ and calling it an AT-6: Top Flite anf Kyosho (and others?) do the same thing. And then there's the new 'Nitro Planes' AT-6, which from the pictures appears to have the US Navy/ SNJ scheme but with post war USAF markings.

I like the SNJ/ yellow wings and aluminum fuselage scheme tho, makes it real easy to keep track of it. A real break form my blue Corsairs.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:33 PM
randy1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Instead of the plastic wingtips, you may try to carve some wingtips out of balsa
Old 06-22-2006, 01:15 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I tried to reply to e-mails from mikekosatka, but his SPAM blocker blocked them(several times). I don't fill out questionairs just so I can help a guy out.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:48 PM
mikekosatka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CorsairJock,
Sorry about the email blocking... I recently changed IPO's and am still trying to configure the e-mail. Anyway when I get home tonite to my real computer, I'll remove the blockers. Sorry for any inconvience, and looking forward to hearing from you.
Mike