Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Yellow p40 retracts

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Yellow p40 retracts

Old 07-22-2006, 08:41 PM
HUMMERH3
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yellow p40 retracts

Still having problems with these retracts..they look great and work well when in the ground I make sure that I work them a few times on the ground they work fine but it takes about 1/2 a sec before they come down..so ...I had 10 flights on my p40 I landed with the gears down 2 times the rest I had to belly land..fortunately NO DAMAGE...but Im pushing my luck...so far I spend more then 100.$ worth of props...getting sick of this * S*&T well today happened again no damage except for the prop so I took it apart I think I found the problem it has 6 screws holding it down I took one from the inside corner and it works..no hesitation...well will see next week...anyone else with the same problem?
Attached Images  
Old 07-22-2006, 09:35 PM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

Default RE: Yellow p40 retracts

hey, thanks for calling me a Nazi
Old 07-23-2006, 07:21 AM
HUMMERH3

The worse thing you can do is try to censor a true American especially after a bad day of flying that just hit me the wrong way MR BURLEY i could understand if that was offensive to anyone ,funny they did not say anything here.......I know it does not matter to you but I will no longer be at that site.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:34 AM
t_burley

Old 07-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Putz Brother

I read your post over there. But I don't get why being a TRUE AMERICAN as you call yourself, allows you to break the rules. I can hear it now. "Sorry I was speeding officer, but I'm a true AMERICAN, can you let me go?[&o] then you call the cop a Nazi. Ya, that'll get you off every time.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 07-23-2006, 01:04 PM
HUMMERH3

What does breaking the law has to do with the word S%*t I dont know about you sir but as far as Im concerned its all has to do whats in your mind.I think you have the dirty mind and your name speaks for it self PUTZ...PS. I just figured you out....hehehe he is from California....I should have guessed that..
My apologies to fellow warbirds pilots...did not mean to get of the subject....
Old 07-23-2006, 01:23 PM
t_burley

ORIGINAL: serpente
I just figured you out....hehehe he is from California....I should have guessed that..
it appears you just have a personality that cannot say anything without putting someone down?
Old 07-23-2006, 01:35 PM
HUMMERH3

That does not deserve an answer...but I had a good come back for that if we were in another forum....
Old 07-23-2006, 01:38 PM
t_burley

That does not deserve an answer...but I had a good come back for that if we were in another forum....

well, for whats it worth, I hope you get your gear problems solved. other than that, you should
however work on your online anger management problems
Old 07-23-2006, 01:55 PM
bosssman
My Feedback: (35)

PS. I just figured you out....hehehe he is from California....I should have guessed that..
wow, you just continue to dig yourself deeper and deeper in rather than let it go. NOW you have gone and insulted anyone from California (and yes, I am a California millitary veteran) insinuating something derrogatory for someone being from California. I am usually not so thin-skinned, but c'mon, we could start an all out "this state versus that state" war and FOR WHAT? I really think you need to let this one go, please.....

randy
Old 07-23-2006, 01:58 PM
t_burley

PM sent to you Randy [8D]
Old 07-23-2006, 02:26 PM
HUMMERH3

In 1989 Californians put aVote in for the house (quote) We of the United States Of America )Should apology to the Japanese government for the bombing of Pearl Harbor and the dropping of the( A) bomb......C'on if your a veteran get out of California...This is my last letter.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:30 PM
t_burley

In 1989 Californians put aVote in for the house (quote) We of the United States Of America )Should apology to the Japanese government for the bombing of Pearl Harbor and the dropping of the( A) bomb......C'on if your a veteran get out of California...This is my last letter.
and because of this this, you hate California and everyone here?

good luck with your P40
Old 07-23-2006, 03:26 PM
Putz Brother

Man, did the other site get lucky last night? Thanks MR. Burley, you Californian dork. Ya Babay!
Old 07-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Putz Brother

Forgot, Apparently. You have to be from FL. to be a true American. [sm=drowning.gif]
Old 07-23-2006, 04:07 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gentlemen,

Please be so kind as to take your personal argument offline.

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks
Old 07-23-2006, 04:31 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I removed several posts from this thread that had little or nothing to do with RC. Time to move on.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:23 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Serp need more detail in order to give you help .
1)is the hesitation when leaving the well or going from straight leg to the well or both ?

Some times the slightest deviance in the retract rails become a problem once the retracts are mounted and screwed very tightly . The variance can cause binding in the internal workings of the gear . It dose not matter if the rails were factory build or not . One way to check is to loosen the screws on the mounts , try to hold the gear lightly while they go thru there operating mode .

If this is the problem let me know , I may have a fix for you
good luck
Lou
Old 07-23-2006, 06:54 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Based on what you described, "I took one from the inside corner and it works", I think what LDM says has some merit. If that is the case, you may try to "shim" the gear with some thin washers between the gear & rail at the screw you removed.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:53 PM
HUMMERH3

Thanks guys I was getting frustrated to many props for me to go on I paid allot of $ for this retracts you would think it would work right (LDM its like a bind like something is holding it down when i hit the swict it takes a sec. then I hear a clunk and the gear comes down.as I loosen the bold the clunk gets softer when I remove two bolts no clunk
Old 07-24-2006, 12:11 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

"I paid allot of $ for this retracts"

And that my friends, is an UNDER-statement! But boy aren't they beautiful?
Old 07-24-2006, 03:40 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Ok Serp you may have a uneven rail . The easy quick way is shims as stated earlier , either washers , or very thin ply .

The more complicated but surgically precise way is a method I used when building from scratch or bashing a arf . Considering the expense of this kit you can easyily test this method to see how it works . Either way the method gose like this
1)get a good solid wood puddy (one that resist cracking and can hold pressure
2)get good saran wrap
3)place even amounts on each rail -only work one side of the plane at a time (thin but enought to cover the rails in a even quality coverage ) place the saran wrap over the rails loosely
4)you replace the gear pressing them into the puddy and you should see the gears make there mark into to puddy as if there molding the rails for there future home
5)carefully have the wings positioned so that the gear will set in the puddy over the saran wrap (remember the gear never actually touches the puddy -its only molding its impression into the rails thru the warp .
6)once dry remove the gear , remove the wrap , clean up rought spots and you should have have a perfact impression to reset the gear .
7) I have used this method multiple time with the robart 615 because that gear is very subject to binding due to the weak structure of the gear legs .
8) again if your uncomfortable with this method you can easily test it by makeing test rails .It truely is a way of making any hairline variences go away
Old 07-24-2006, 07:16 PM
HUMMERH3

thanks ill try that .
Old 07-24-2006, 08:46 PM
cknaack
My Feedback: (1)

Serp,

My gear seems to be operating fine, except I am having one heck of a time with getting the main gear door wires set to fully close and open without the wheel hitting the door on opening. The springs are set right, however I run out of slack before I hit the door.

Any chance you could post a few pictures of your setup?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Craig
Old 07-25-2006, 09:34 PM
HUMMERH3

are your tires hitting the end tips..Ill post pics hang on

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.