Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

AIRPLANES STOLEN

Old 08-19-2006, 02:13 PM
dogren96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AIRPLANES STOLEN

This posted deleted -- superceded by same with attached picture of plane. Sorry to take up the space, but I'm just learning the system. Thanks . DonI
Old 08-19-2006, 02:22 PM
dogren96

I had a control line Ring Master come up missing here in Florida, at a VRCS reunion about four years ago. I had assummed that my son had put my plane in his van for going back to the shop after a noon-time demonstration. Months later I wanted to fly it again, went to the shop to get it, and couldn't find the Ring Master. That's when I realized it had been stolen (Feb. 2001 or 2002)

Plane was Ultracoted covered yellow wings and stab. Fuselage was painted Navy blue. AMA number of 4029 on right wing, top side, left wing had a star with bars. Engine was vintage Fox 35. Maybe this plane is in that collection of Rodney Collier, as Jim has posted.

I'd like to get that plane back also. Any help will be appreciated, so thanks for your eyes.

Don
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11763.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	509660  
Old 08-20-2006, 07:51 AM
Larry S
My Feedback: (6)

Jim,
read this thread several times but I'm missing something, where were the planes when they got stolen?Where they in the pit area, in your auto or van? I just can't see how someone can take another's planes with so many people around. Reason I'm asking is our club, SAC, is having a War Bird day coming up this coming Saturday, August 26, and I want to make sure that what happened to you doesn't happen at our event.
Larry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22866.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	510044  
Old 08-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Prop Nut
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: rcflyerfl

All airplanes were in Charging tent.. Looks like 4 plaanes and some TX and chargers.

Old 08-20-2006, 07:51 PM
rcflyerfl
My Feedback: (1)

Larry,
The Airplanes were in Storage Tent with no one guarding it.. Sides on Tent and Lights and charging Power. Security Next Night

Jim
Old 08-21-2006, 02:33 PM
rcflyerfl

Hi Guys,
I am in Jackson, MI. today and tonight. Stopped by the State Police and they were nice enough to let me see my airplane..The jerk that stole it has taken the "89" off the plane and the Bounce'n B off as well.. He also took off one of the Yellow Checker on cowl.. The pilot is missing and looks like he just jerked it out as the seat is broke and seat belt gone..
I understand the airplanes may be going to St. Charles, IL. Tuesday
No picture of Rodney Collier until he serves time in Prison. May be one at city level.

Thanks again guys.
Jim
Old 08-22-2006, 10:43 AM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim glad you got it back- Next Warbird gathering think security as I'm sure the Contest directors are thinking .

At my field,a couple years back, we had our 9-10K mower stolen so we think security and more security.

When do we get that mug shot ? soon I hope..

Well again Jim glad you got your warbird back.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:46 PM
ffattcatt

Hi all, I have known Butch for many years now. We worked at the same place for several years before he was let go. One thing about Butch was you could never believe a word he said. I am into RC trucks and that is why I am a member of this site. Anyway about a month or so ago,Butch walked into my repair facility to show me this jet that he had. Don't really know much about planes. Anyway this plane was about 3 foot long and had a true jet engine in it. He told me that he was the distributor for the engines and that he had been building this plane for about a year. He then told me that he was going to repaint it. At the time I was thinking why would anyone repaint that plane as it looked pretty good to me as it was. He also said the plane was worth about 20K and that is what got me thinking as I know Butch can not afford something like this. In the past,Butch has come around with different planes even when we worked together,also helos. Now I am wondering how many of those he stole. About a year ago he borrowed a boltcutter from me as he needed to cut off a lock from a trailer of his that he couldn't find the key for. Now of course,I know he was using it to break into someone else's trailer. What a low life. I hope they throw the book at him and he spends major time in jail.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:59 PM
IL2windhawk

wow ffatcat,

if all of the above is true, you should probably contact
the authorities involved in this case. Your statements
could perhaps provide valuable witness testimony, or
even help others in getting their property back.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:47 AM
ffattcatt

Well I don't know how much helpI would be,but I would do what I could to help. Anyone who does this needs to spend some serious time aith his butt buddies in lock up.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:50 AM
MormonMike
My Feedback: (2)

I apologise for my ''two-cents'' worth, but reading this thread just amazes me how audacious some "people" can be. This fellow has a serious mental illness problem. Hopefully, he will be doing ''hard time'', [ especially with "BIG LEROY", his upcoming new cell-mate ] But old habits are hard to change. Making it this far in life, he wont. I agree, start thinking security at ALL your flying events. MM
Old 08-24-2006, 08:08 AM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

Geeeeeeez----------------------guys [X(]
Old 08-24-2006, 01:19 PM
rcflyerfl

Hi Guys,
I'm in Hillman, MI. now.. After visiting some of the Jackson Club guys earlyier in the week I did learn more about Butch.. Like a few years back at Joe nall there was some problems with Honda 1000's disapering.. Have been told he had a few for sale now and then. Lots of trades.
More later.

Jim
Old 08-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Skinny Bob
My Feedback: (12)

I am very glad that this low life has been apprehended but, the sad part is if he is convicted and sent to prison he will only spend half or less the sentenced time, be out with an education from other inmates on how not to get caught the next time.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:02 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Let's not let this story die....I'd like to hear what state he will be tried in and what sentence he gets......and one 'ATTABOY' for RCU and they guys reading this!
Old 08-24-2006, 10:45 PM
rainedave

It's pretty amazing how far this guy traveled to steal stuff. I hope property gets returned.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:44 AM
rcflyerfl

Morning Guys,
Just got a call from the detective from St.Charles, IL. He told me that they have in there hands the 4 Airplanes that were stolen there last month.
They are waiting are waiting to get Butch back to St.Charles for 6 counts of thief. Maybe get an agreement to get pictures of planes and equipment for evidence and then get property back to owners. He is thinking of making a trip to Jackson,MI. to look around on his own also. Maybe see if he has other things stored somewhere.
I want this guy to stay in jail if it means I don't get my plane back for a while. I have others to build.

Thanks again guys,

Jim
Old 08-25-2006, 10:58 AM
tailskid

Jim, have they asked you for the value of the planes? If not, and when they do...give them LIST prices so he doesn't get off on some "Low Value" property.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:22 AM
rcflyerfl

Tailskid,
I was asked some time ago about price so I had someone in the business to give me a price on building a new one in Sport Scale, same equipment. Over $5000 if kit was available, over $7000 if no kit available. I used a 40year old Burt Baker kit.. Probably not many around.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 08-25-2006, 12:09 PM
tailskid

Good move.....we sure don't want him to get off because he stole a 'little model airplane' and I'm sure his attorney will try and minimize the value to get him off!
Old 08-25-2006, 12:51 PM
MOODOGS

Jim can,t wait to see pictures of Butch. We in Arizona will be glad to keep an eye out for him, maybe make it that he can,t go anywhere with out us fly boys knowing him, like a child molester.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:56 PM
D Bronk

According to this thiefs` "Tastes" ,it sounds like, he`ll have several ,Grand Theft Charges..Was there any ,Radial engine aircraft stolen??
Old 08-25-2006, 08:21 PM
rcflyerfl

No Radial Engines that I know of..Maybe he just couldn't find one. Who knows what all he stole as Club members say he always had some to sell or trade. a Real Wheeler Dealer.
Jim
Old 08-30-2006, 05:55 AM
OLDNRINKLED
My Feedback: (5)

BUTCH WAS SEEN IN COURT ON MONDAY IN AN ORANGE JUMPSUIT AND SHACKLES, THE RESULTS ARE UNKNOWN TO ME AT THIS TIME. IF I HEAR ANYTHING I WILL POST IT. REGARDS FROM MICHIGAN
Old 08-30-2006, 06:10 AM
rcflyerfl

Thanks for the up Date.. Don't have Yahoo but have a Cell phone.

Jim

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.