Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Flap setting on TF P51B Redbox (RC16)?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Flap setting on TF P51B Redbox (RC16)?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 05:25 AM
MyNeed4Speed
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flap setting on TF P51B Redbox (RC16)?

All,

Finalizing the setup on my P51B. This is an old redbox kit for .40 to .60 size engines. I'm coming it at about 7lbs, with about 28oz/sq in of wing loading, using a OS .61FX to power the beast.

Plans call for 40 degrees of flaps - that sounds like a bunch, and would require some down elevator to be mixed in IMHO.

Anyone with experience on this kit that could provide some advice?

Thanks,
Randy
Old 01-18-2003, 06:18 AM
NCC-1701

My Red Box P-51 is still sitting in the box. Forty degrees of flaps doesn't sound out of line with other aircraft. If you're concerned about pitch trim changes, you can go conservative and mis in only 25 degrees or so and gradually add more ass you become more familiar and comfortable with it's flight characteristics. If you have a computer radio, I do recommend mixing the pitch trim change out. At 7 lbs, it should be a great flying airplane.

Good luck,

Rob
Old 01-18-2003, 04:06 PM
Slug

I had a Red Box TF P-51B for some years ('til the switch harness packed up mid air!!)

I used at least 40 degree of flap and never really noticed any pitch change, I never mixed in and elevator.

Sticking out the flaps slowed it down very quickly, so keep some power on all the way down.

Simon.