Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Mitsubishi ki-15-1 BABS Help

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Mitsubishi ki-15-1 BABS Help

Old 02-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Baldeagle
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mitsubishi ki-15-1 BABS Help

I am looking for any information at all on the KI bomber, I have a set of plans comming for a 75 in ws by David Anderson. Any help will be appreicated. Thanks Rich
Old 03-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Jagdfleiger

Default RE: Mitsubishi ki-15-1 BABS Help

Hi,
You have picked a tough subject. I know, because I built Dave's KI55 (actually, I converted it to a KI36)). There is virtually no documentation available in English. There are several plastic models of the KI 15. Go out to eBay and do a search on "ki-15". There are a couple of kits available I think. Thats the easiest way to get reasonably decent documentation thats in English (I think). Once thats done, you are pretty much finished with English sources and you will need to go to Japanese sources. If you need more, let me know and I can point you in several directions for Japanese sources.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Baldeagle
My Feedback: (7)

I did get a plastic model off of ebay and it will help. Jeff Foley sent me quite a bit of info. so far nothing on the cocpit area.
I am working on some stuff for a friend on the Kate or Jill torpeado bomber. should have a set of plans for the Jill in a couple of weeks. There is quite a bit of info on the web for the Kate and Jill.
The plans for the BABS are pretty decent. I will keep you in mind on the BABS. I doubt if I will start building till next winter. Thanks Rich
Old 03-16-2007, 10:35 PM
John Sohm
My Feedback: (9)

Check again on eBay and do a search for Maru Mechanic. I was having trouble finding documentation for a Kawasaki Ki-45 Toryu (Nick) and when I did my search, scanned through and found a couple books, including a Profile series. The Koku-Fan book I picked up has 3-view and the Maru Mechanic has all sorts of pictures for cockpit and other equipment. Good Luck.

Just did a search for you and all I found was several 1/72 scale plastic kits, no books. But check frequently, the listings are always changing.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Jagdfleiger

Rich,
Unfortunately, there is no "Maru Mechanic" for the KI-15. Nor is there one for "Famous Airplanes of the World". So, the only likely sources of information on the KI-15 will be book on the IJA Aircraft in general or one of the Koku-Fan publications. You might check with David Anderson to find out where he got his 3-views to develop the model. Also, you might want to contatct Arawasi. Great source of research info on Japanese aircraft from WWII. Excellent packing and fast shipping - highly recommended (http://www.arawasi.jp/salebook.hp/saletoppage.html). Unless you are really lucky, its going to be extreemely difficult to find anything on the cockpit for the KI-15. It took me years to run that down on the KI-36 (I ended up using the KI-51 Sonia as a model - actually came fairly close). Good Luck.

Rob