Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

warhawk p-40

Old 02-20-2003, 04:20 PM
-(R/c446Flyer)-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warhawk p-40

is there any good kit of this plane for .46 size engine ??
Old 02-20-2003, 04:23 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Default warhawk p-40

Dynaflite used to make a sport-scale version. I am not sure if it still produced.
Old 02-20-2003, 04:42 PM
IFR
My Feedback: (1)

Default warhawk p-40

There is a group in England who make 40 size replicas of the WWII birds. They have a P40. I am working on their BF109 and it seems to be of resonable quality. Pre sheeted foam core wings and turtle deck. Their plan drawings and instructions leave a lot to be desired versus what we are familiar with from GP, TF, Sig, etc. but if you have built other planes you should have no trouble. They are also a very friendly and helpful group to work with.

www.warbirdsreplica.com

Hope this helps
Old 02-20-2003, 04:47 PM
-(R/c446Flyer)-

Default warhawk p-40

thanks

do you think they will agree to post me by mail only the plan for this airplane? (with money....)
Old 02-20-2003, 05:13 PM
IFR
My Feedback: (1)

Default warhawk p-40

As mentioned in my original reply their plans leave a lot to be desired. All I got was a very basic drawing of the plane and a few partial former profiles. I think it would be impossible to scratch build from what they call plans since they don't give you drawings of any of the parts, incidence rates, engine thrust lines, wings, etc.
Old 02-21-2003, 01:59 AM
blvdbuzzard

Default warhawk p-40

I will let you decide if they are good or not. Sureflite make several war birds in the .40 size range. They are injected foam. I have had the Mustang, and Spitfire and they did fly well. i covered them with Monocote then painted them. They lasted until my dumb thumbs got in the way.

http://www.sureflite.com/htms/w_kits.htm

Dru.
Old 02-21-2003, 03:19 AM
Schwoop

Default warhawk p-40

I too have a Sure Flite kit (me 109) and my friend has the spitfire. Mine will be done this spring and my friend's flies great! 3/4 oz. fiberglass and polycrylic minwax! - worked great!

http://www.sureflite.com/htms/w_p40.htm

Highly recommended!

Craig
Old 02-21-2003, 03:59 AM
Grumpy Monkey
My Feedback: (7)

Default warhawk p-40

I also have a sureflite 109 on the table that I was hoping would be done sooner then later. Mines getting the poly and glass treatment as well. I ditched the wing on the 109 and scratchbuilt a new one as mine was thicker on 1 side then the other and it irritated me. I also wanted scale retracts in the wing and it looks like I am still chewing what I bit off on this project. If you arent detail anal (like I can get ) the sureflite kits build quick and would make a good sport flyer. The weather is getting better down here and its flying season already. I really need to spend less time on the forum and mre time building

Warren
Old 02-23-2003, 04:47 PM
Schwoop

Default warhawk p-40

Warren,

I took Hobbico retracts and reversed the mechanism so the gear would retract outward - like the scale plane. I've got mine at the priming stage and will post some photos once the weather warms up and I can continue sanding...

Craig