Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

P-47 gear doors

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 06:46 AM
finnwolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-47 gear doors

Hi folks!
I´ve decided on a P-47 project and are now spending time reading all info available. I have no plans at hand for the moment.
Have concidered a TF edition, giant that is.
But I was concerned reading about the landing gear (Robarts):

"....that the oleos protude slightly. This is why you can´t fly with the gear door on."

A project of this magnitude I wan´t settle for this kind of ****ions.

So if you have any useful info on the subject please let me know.
Thanx.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:34 AM
chines
My Feedback: (2)

Default P-47 gear doors

I called Robart last night after I was on tower hobbies' web site and they have a new version of the landing gear for the TF P-47 that has been lowered so the you dont get that 1/4th stick'n out the bottom.
Chris
Old 08-22-2003, 03:42 AM
SNAKE STUKA

Default P 47 gear

Well guys.Here is the scoop on it.I am currently finishing the giant top flite P47 right now.I have the new gear.The problem is that the wheels hit the sheething when retracted if gear is installed per the plans.I had to modify the mount 1/4 inch lower so that the wheels wouldnt touch the sheething when it retracts.I also made 1/4 inch aircraft ply ribs to beef up area.I had the retracts working and they seem fine now.Good Luck.I also spoke to Robart and Top Flite about this problem and got no solution from them. Snake Stuka
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	103637_27219.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	37036  
Old 08-22-2003, 11:23 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P-47 gear doors

Others on rcu have to me that spring-air's work fine. Thats what I'll be using in mine. Will be a winter project after a couple of bandito grande's. Will do G-62 for power. I DO want to put gear doors on mine. The spring-airs may not be very scale as far as extending, but thats not my concern for now. I just want a good solid every day flyer.
Edwin
Old 08-22-2003, 11:28 AM
Tmoth4
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default P-47 gear doors

finnwulf,

On the P47 the gear angles forward when down and backwards when retracted. The only way to get it right is to tilt and rotate the retract units. The mounting rails will be at a compound angle in the wings. The Brian Taylor plans are designed that way. The Ziroli plans with the Robarts are not quite right but are pretty close.
I would highly recommend one of the the Ziroli P47s. The 92" one does well with a G62 and the 72" one is good with a G38. The Brian Taylor one is 76", builds lighter, but is a little more complicated to build. The retracts for it are made in England, I think.

Jim