Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

New Planes from Meister-Scale

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

New Planes from Meister-Scale

Old 07-05-2007, 11:19 AM
gravity tester
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Planes from Meister-Scale

Dear Santa,
For those of us with smaller shops, fields and wallets, (gotta be someone else besides me ) I would love to see an AUW 20 lb. Hellcat (maybe a little bigger than the BT plan) with a glass fuse.

I promise to be good this year.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Veltro
My Feedback: (1)

Macchi C.202 in 1/4 scale. Even though the span comes out to something like 103", it's the same size as a PCM 109. Dropped down to 1/4.5 it is the same size as a Yellow Spitfire, which is kinda small. At 1/5, you're hard pressed to get anything bigger than a Moki in it.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:33 PM
bleinmiller
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks for asking for our input. I like to see the 100" warbirds. The Hellcat and Dauntless are two that I would like to see. But what I would really like is a 1/4 scale Macchi 202. Although I know you said it would be hard to sell more than a handful, maybe there is more of us than you might think. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:44 AM
lovetoflyguy
My Feedback: (139)

Wow,

This is really good feedback. Dino and I have noticed that several have posted about planes we already carry. Please take a look at www.meister-scale.com. Several have mentioned a zero and we do carry that plane. Please keep the feedback coming.

PJ
Old 07-06-2007, 11:18 AM
rrudytoo
My Feedback: (27)

Hey PJ,

Yup, I'm guilty of having mentioned one of the planes you already carry. That is, the 109. But, like I said, refine what you already have to a more scale-like appearance. This would have to be the easiest change in your line up of all. I have a ZDZ 80 just dying to find a home in the cowl of a good 1/4 scale 109!

Al

And mine would look like this......

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45860.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	717344  
Old 07-06-2007, 01:57 PM
wingspar
My Feedback: (3)

I'd also like to see a P-39 especially if a mid engine installation could be worked out driving a scale prop.

Dave
Old 07-06-2007, 04:39 PM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

I'd like to see a more scale-appearing Spitfire, mk 1a to 9, in the 1/5 size. Also the Hawker Hurricane in 1/5. In the twin area, maybe a P-38, Mosquito, Tigercat, Beaufighter, in 90-100" wingspan.......
I really appreciate your attitude and comittment to those of us who still build from kits/scratch.
Sam
Old 07-06-2007, 04:55 PM
scalebirdman
My Feedback: (6)

Building on what you guys already have:

109E in the same sizes as your 109G's for parts compatability.
TA-152H in the same scale as your 190D for the same reasons.
Spitfire Mk 5.
Mitsubishi Raiden.
Heinkel HE-100D.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:10 PM
schinus

Ditto on the P39 but would also like to see B25, actually any WW II bird would do. I prefer min of 1/5 scale with built up balsa. Thanks so much for asking. Quality and service is what will set you above!!
Tom
Old 07-06-2007, 09:06 PM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

[quote]ORIGINAL: bigtim

the 80" planes are a nice size for the transport chalenged.
a FW190A model,also P-51B malcom hood,ME 109E,Hellcat,more of the mid sized models with the accesorys included or at least a option to purchase like blisters gun hoods etc...your site is great but some of the planes are a little big for me.
being able to put a kit together and having all the extras in one package would be great also for that size,( 80") rather than trying to source out the little scale extras.
[/quo

This seems like a good idea especially in light of the new generation of 50 size gas engines ----Its unfortunate that Dace Platts line of aircraft seem to fall just short of IMAC requirements .
Old 07-07-2007, 05:11 AM
ticketec

How about an Australian distributor of your products and specifically your glass fuses?

Cost's an arm and a leg to get they out here by airmail, and by boat i would forget about it and would have started another porject in the mean time

but for my 2c worth...

BF-190 E
TBM Avenger
Hellcat

The again, no good if we can't build them out here!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 11:55 AM
scale dail
My Feedback: (8)

I'll vote for an 80"-84" Douglas AD Skyraider.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:33 PM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Have you considered designs for electric flight- in the 80-85 inch wingspan range? electric is coming on strong- and once battery prices come down some there will be alot of possibilities there.

another thing- take a hard look at arfs or good arcs. hangar 9 has some good arf warbirds but your designs if produced in truer scale arfs would find a good market out there.

personally i think the gas warbirds are awesome but unless engine prices drop significantly the chinese will eat da, etc for lunch with their engine copies. the same thing applies to your designs. if you don't get into the arf and electric market you will have a rapidly shrinking market.

i know some may be upset by these comments but to me the handwriting is very clear on the wall.

Ed
Old 07-07-2007, 09:16 PM
IFLYRC-RCU
My Feedback: (28)

How about a Jap Frank ?

And,

I just want a slightly modified version of your 109 G model ...

BUT, slightly modified into a Emil version. Will need a new spinner of course, slightly different wing tips, Front fuse mods, tail struts, but basic construction is already there ?

I would also like the rear fuse formers to be rounded out a bit to be slightly better to scale.

Not complaining of course !! lol

Here's my Meister 109 G ... to go with my Spitty... well, the 109 is still here !

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv65844.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	718007   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18205.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	718008   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95601.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	718009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11513.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	718010  
Old 07-07-2007, 10:47 PM
warbird51
My Feedback: (12)

1/5 scale P-63 or a P-39 [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 07-08-2007, 01:32 AM
saramos

How about the second most produced, and highly under represented trainer of WWII, the BT-13?

Scott
Old 07-08-2007, 02:32 AM
JPate147

I have always loved the Mosquito. If you had that in the 116" - 124" size you could sell a bunch. Of course, you would have to offer the retracts as well.

JP
Old 07-08-2007, 06:28 AM
nine o nine

I'd also love to have a BT-13.....also a Bearcat. Mitch
Old 07-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Hibrass

Just my 2cents.. But a really nice 1/6 47 is always a nice addtion or better yet the Malcom hood version 51 would be cool in 1/6. My main problem with the bigger birds has to with the lack of flying area available than anything else. (The wife has already excepted large aircraft in the bed room. lol)

Oh and just one more thing.. A bomber... A really nice detailed twin like the B26 in 1/6 would be awesome! I think a nice model along those lines would be a nice starter for the first time multi engine scale builder..

Well so much for my 2cents.. :-)

Thanks,

Hibrass
Old 07-08-2007, 08:48 AM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

PJ and Dino,

Interesting thread. It seems there are a lot of postings asking for smaller stuff, due to cost and transport. Very understandable, of course. But, Ziroli and Yellow have so many of the "smaller" (!) bases covered with dozens of excellent flying 1/5 and 1/6 scale planes, it's hard to see how to make a mark there unless you do something really unusual, which I presume would sell only in limited numbers. Ditto for next smaller sizes of "120" and "150" glow power where there are a lot of ok to good ARFs at really cheap prices.

I think you guys need to stick to your core which is the larger-than-Ziroli range, which the Meisters seem to do so well. My suggestions for next kits are the Bearcat, the T-28 and the Sea Fury, based soley on my personal interest.

As you guys know, I have the large 3W Bearcat with the RCS 250 radial. This is an awesome combo and flys extremely well. It is a little different than the usual more commonly modelled stuff, but still a Grumman 'Cat, and fairly recognizable. Why do it if 3W already has one? Simple ... the 3W kit is very old school and needs lots of building time, even for an all-glass kit, and lots of reengineering to fly reliably. It's a near-nightmare to get it working well and defeating all the empennage (yes, the entire tail assembly!) and elevator flutter. Once that's all done, the result is worth it .. but a "done right the first time" kit at a reasonable price (check out the price of the 3W!) would probably do well. The sticking point would be the retracts. The only set of scale articulating gear is from CJ. I had a set and could not get them to work reliably. Had to resort to straight gear to get it flying. Have a set of Sierra uppers with custom forks that look pretty close to scale. Looks good, rock solid reliability as with all of Darrell's stuff. Using a Sierra nosewheel retract with a Dreamworks nosewheel fork for the tailwheel.

Regarding the T28, this is simply a beautiful airplane, and there have only been a few smaller ones available (e.g. the Platt plans, which are said to fly very well). Darrell from Sierra is doing a glass fuse/builtup wing kit of this at a little over 100" intending it for the same 250 radial. So maybe this base is covered, since I presume you'd do the same style of construction. He had parts of a scale-masters veteran prototype of the plane at Toledo. It was drop-dead gorgeous. Maybe there is a play here to work with Darrell on some accessories and/or production of the parts.

The Sea Fury (you've all seen O'Meara's at TG) is a beautiful plane, and Bates has a nice set of "Meister-sized" plans .. but it's a traditional cut and stick build job. An arrangement with Jerry to get that plane out with a FG fuse, and a laser cut wing/stab kit would be excellent. I think it's well enough known, similar-looking to the more common Spitty, it would probably also sell in reasonable numbers.

Last thought .. have you consideded getting some jets going? There is a real shortage of larger "classic era" jets out there, F86, Panther and Cougar come to mind. They have large enough wings that they could be pretty good size and still fly well with a moderate sized turbine. You have probably seen the "larger than BVM" F86 that Salish(?) Patel built. That would be extending your niche on "wow, that's big!" airplanes into the early jets .. where really nice, 80-100" planes are rare .. and the pilots in that range seem to have better lubricated wallets than the warbirds crowd.

See you at WOD maybe?

Aside: do you think the new 150 radials are too much motor for your Zero?? I forget what Ty's flys with but I was a modest size motor as I recall. I know that 150 would be perfect for the Jug...

Dave

Old 07-08-2007, 02:46 PM
eagledancer

a couple i would like to see,
T-28 in 1/4
wildcat in 1/5 or 1/4
some of the russian birds
keep it all wood or give us a choice, i personally dont like fiberglass, seems like its more of a barf
Old 07-08-2007, 08:04 PM
lovetoflyguy
My Feedback: (139)

These are all great thoughts and I do appreciate all the effort many are putting into this. I want to make really clear that any airplane that we produce with a fiberglass fuse. will have the full wood kit. All of our planes come as a wood construction. However, we are offering the fiberglass version to whomever wants one. Really good ideas going on.

Thanks!
PJ
Old 07-09-2007, 06:14 AM
Stuka Jon N
My Feedback: (33)

PJ Being that I am partial to slightly differant planes how about one of the late Italians such as the Macchi's 202 or 205 or Really something differant a Russian, such as a Yak or a Lagg 7. With the abundance of P-51 and P 47 arfs on the market these are well overdone. Just my humble opinion Stuka Jon
Old 07-11-2007, 12:38 PM
johnnylwhite
My Feedback: (17)

All are good!....I agree that a Russian Plane would be good, like the LA-7 with a 100" wingspan
Old 07-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Check6
My Feedback: (427)

Hi PJ,
I like the idea of the Russian LA 7 or Yak 3 also the Macchi 202. How about the Martin Baker 5 LOL.
Later,
Fred Menna Check 6

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.