Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

New Planes from Meister-Scale

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

New Planes from Meister-Scale

Old 12-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Mikepo
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Planes from Meister-Scale

So far I have built Meister: P51, Spit, Corsair,
Zero, FW190D. All are wonderful. I prefer 2 new models: P51B and F6F Hellcat. AND I WANT THEM NOW!!!
DINO, THANKS FOR KEEPING UP THE LEGEND.
Mike in Los Angeles
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx69913.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	822086   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40200.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	822087   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fl18682.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	822088  
Old 12-09-2007, 04:25 PM
lovetoflyguy
My Feedback: (139)

Evil,

I might take you up on that. We should have the D9 done by the end of Jan. I'm going to be doing a build thread on the plane as well as a step-by-step manual just like the P-47.

PJ
Old 12-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Limey

hey pj and dino
haw about a big mosquito to replace the other on maybe a flat botom wing would help me.
thanks
limey
Old 12-09-2007, 09:20 PM
v6goose

Hi guys...

I'm really getting into 1/5th scale warbirds and I'm planning quite a list of the usual culprits:

P51 (Yes there are lots, but almost none that are true scale)
P40
Spitfire
1/4 scale Corsair

How about a large Seafury?

As for fibreglass versus balsa construction, I would prefer glass given that I dont have too many building years left at my current income, and wont be able to afford the big scale birds once retirement hits, and all the details built in is very appealing.

Cheers

Goose
Old 12-09-2007, 09:25 PM
tigertooth
My Feedback: (1)

Hello PJ, I love P-40's and P-39's. The P-40B,C,D,and E had the same fuse, wing, and tail feathers. Cowling, canopy, cockpit, armament , and engine thrust lines were different. This a great multi use model and the Flying Tigers used them all. Go for it!!!!! Thanks!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Icemanjr92
My Feedback: (73)

Hey guys!
Thanks for all the comments. We do read all of them and take them seriously... even though PJ calls me a hard headed Italian-German!
All kidding aside, Meister is in the middle of relocating to Southern Florida the next few weeks. We have some press release coming shortly on a new release. PJ has his plates full as we are working on many new things. I understand you all want new stuff yesterday! So do I but I wish it worked that fast. The D9 glass fuse release should be around mid February. Please check the website for release information. We will be back in full motion after the new year. Thanks for your patience!! [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 12-10-2007, 09:37 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Regardless of which plane you choose next, please please please continue in the direction you are going with the new P-51B...ie the exact scale route instead of sport.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

PJ, cool.

I'm doing a step by step for my build as well. I'll send you my notes as I finish up and you can do what you will with them.

I'll most assuredly pick up one of the D9 glass fuses when they are available save one for me!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:18 PM
JL1
My Feedback: (93)

Include me in the true scale P-51B column
Old 12-12-2007, 01:23 AM
rrudytoo
My Feedback: (27)

Okay, okay. I know you guys are busy with the move and all the other demands of the business. But I just had to include this picture. If this doesn't get one's heart pounding, nothing will.

Al

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87886.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	823957  
Old 12-12-2007, 02:19 AM
balsabuff
My Feedback: (30)

1. WW II era single engine fighter
2. No complicated landing gear doors !
3. Fixed tailwheel
4. Big fat round cowl to hide engine and muffler
5. No cooling issues
6. Interesting combat history
7. Not already done to death.
8. Wide selection of interesting color and markings
9. Just plain cool looking.

And my nominee is....a big KI-43 HAYABUSA ( OSCAR )

Old 12-12-2007, 05:33 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Or his girlfriend, KATE!!
Edwin
Old 12-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Icemanjr92

Limey,
Heres the problem with the Mosquito.... How many have you seen at events except yours? One, MAYBE two? Its a nice plane but not for sales. We need to produce model that modelers want. The Mosquito would not sell well.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:02 AM
bla bla

Ohhh, list after list of cliché models. P51's, P40, Spitfire, Corsair's zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
As if there aren't enough on the market as is. I was under the impression that Meister -Scale was more orientated to the serious F4C competitor/builder.
Isn't there some more interesting scale models that can be built instead of the run of the mill, Hanger 9 favourates?
A Fairy Barracuda for example? Big ugly MFer, yet so cool. Who turned up at Top Gun some years back with a Gannet. Much ohhhs and ahhhhs. I wonder why?
How about a lockheed Altair? Or Vega. Bolton Paul Defiant? Any s#it that H9 or KMP isn't going to touch would be perfect.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Evil_Merlin

The problem is blah blah, is that unless its a plane a lot of people wanna build, its not going to sell.

Look at Meister's existing lineup
P-51
P-47
F-4U
Spitfire
Zero
Bf 109
Fw 190

The problem is, once the scale kit makers start doing a plane that people like, the BARF folks jump all over them with what usually is a poor copy (witness the KMP Fw 190).
Old 12-12-2007, 12:20 PM
bla bla

Whereas I completely understand that, it's just so depressing to have to choose from a list of totally standard planes that Joe Average would choose.
This is a so called class producer... just jumping on the band wagon? How many 5th scale mustangs and spits does the world need? Least do something serious, a 3rd scale Spitfire or similar. ANYTHING that differentiates from the other so called scale model suppliers. 99% of whom seem to appeal to people that can't even notice that the scale model they've just bought... is actually a million miles away from being anything like scale. Never mind having to actually build it. Maybe thats the point?
Old 12-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Evil_Merlin

First, there is nothing "so called" about Meister Scale, they are the real thing, great products and customer support unrivaled by anyone else. They also have been doing it for quite a while.

They already have a Spitfire with a 96" wingspan so I doubt they would go larger as that would be a very expensive kit to well... kit!

Like I said before, if the BARF folks in China and Vietnam know a plane is doing well as a kit, they buy one or two, make a cheapo copy of it and pump it out. The Fw 190 used to be a rare plane to see unless it was kitted. Now you have a few BARF folks putting out VERY VERY poor copies, but it's still a Fw 190 to people. And you are right, most of the people, including a lot of the folks around here, could care less if it was scale they just want something that kinda sorta looks the part. Its quite clear with the regulars here that they wouldn't know scale if it bit them in the arse.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:23 PM
wingspar
My Feedback: (3)

I'd listen to what rrduytoo has to say. He's got excellent taste in aircraft.

Dave
Old 12-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Icemanjr92

Mr Bla Bla.... do you have a real name?
I am confused about your posting as you mention "so called scale model suppliers" And "This is a so called class producer... just jumping on the band wagon?" Who are you referring to? Meister Scale or every manufaturer in this hobby? did you know that Meister has been designing models since 1974? so I am not sure what band wagon we would be jumping on. Do you actually design model airplanes or just go online to knock other designers? Other than your comments about unkown models being not scale, what is your point? I tell you what, Ill make a deal with you. You let us know your ideal aircraft that you would like to see in a scale model, come up with 50 initial sales and we will produce your kit. Deal? We would be happy to produce a model for those beginning sales. Another note, How many Gannet's have you seen since Top Gun? ..... None. Point closed. Lets keep this posting about what it was started for... Ideas of future models.
Thanks for your patience.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Mikepo

Dino,
Please don't lower yourself to Bla Bla's level. He doesn't deserve an answer, but he is entitled to an opinion. Scale, schmale, this is a hobby to be enjoyed as it befits the individual. I have built many Meisters and almost all of the old Jemcos. I can't begin to relate how much joy and satisfaction they brought to me. My company manufatures high-end audio video equipment...but it's not for everyone! So???
Now that I've supported your cause, WHERE'S MY P51B AND HELLCAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MIKE IN lOS ANGELES
Old 12-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Grotesquebass
My Feedback: (16)

i am new to the warbird arena after much time in the 3d community and would love an 85" or so p-40 or a JU-87 Stuka which i cant find any besides the ziroli and i am looking to build a meister for my first warbird because i have heard nothing but good things and with what that bla bla guy says about a 1/3 scale spit and huge stuff like that not everyone can afford something that big especially someone like me on military E-5 salary 90-100" spans are about as big as i can go without the wife yelling at me lol....
Old 12-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Evil_Merlin

The Meister P-47 makes a great first time warbird.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:56 AM
ho2zoo
My Feedback: (5)

Are there fiberglass fuselages available for the Meister designs, or are they only built-up? Also, is there any major difference between the P-40 "B" and the "C" models? It looks to me that the fuselage is a bit longer on the P-40 "E", which is what most designers model. I'd like to see a large Mig 3 too...
Old 12-13-2007, 12:59 AM
rrudytoo
My Feedback: (27)

bla bla,

I've got an idea for you. Draw up your own plans and create your own kit from raw stock. I'm not being smart here just practical. If what you want isn't offered on today's market there's nothing holding you back from making it yourself. Heck, that's what the Designer Class at Top Gun is all about.

Go for it, Bud! Create that 1/3 scale Spitfire and post your progress. We'd love to see it!

Al
Old 12-13-2007, 06:43 AM
bla bla

ORIGINAL: rrudytoo

Create that 1/3 scale Spitfire and post your progress. Al
Hey, one guy in Blackpool England was building and offering them for sale some years back!!!
Good web site, GREAT models... his orderbook was jam packed.
Unfortunately, the tempation of having all that prepaid money in your account was simply to much for the poor fellow and he did a runner!
It was all rather sad as his building quality was absolutely first class.

He also had, amongst several others, a 1/4 scale Swordfish on offer. The prototype was again just beautiful.
Orders came in. He ran out with the money. I'm sure there are people here that would even remember the case(s)
Shame.

Iceman. Yes, jumping on the band wagon. Absolutely. Poll the people, find out what they will buy, produce it and sell it. Can't get more on the b'wagon than that! Not saying it's not good business practice. Just calling a horse a horse. Good luck with it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.