Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

any active duty army here

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

any active duty army here

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 05:36 PM
prop wash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: any active duty army here

Tim,if this is what you want to do,go for it.47 is not that old,I'm 64 and can do a lot that guys half my age can't do.I spent 6 yrs in USMC and was never sorry.I was very close to signing up for desert storm or for air marshals but got the wrong info.With prior service I could have gotten in.Oh well.If your wife is all for it your half way there.The only problem I forsee is who will I tease when your gone. LOL. Tom
Old 01-28-2008, 06:01 PM
naval flight officer

OH one last thing. concerning the owning building and flying of RC Airplanes. Just because you are in the Army and are working on an Army base you don't have to live on the base. You can do as you wish while you are off duty...with in reason of course. You won't be able to bring them to OCS but once you are done with that you are in the clear. While I was in Qatar this last year there were several individuals that brought RC Planes with them and flew them in the compound. This was an airforce base but I think that if any of the services are going to have regulations that prohibit having fun...er...the flying of radio controlled planes it would be the airforce.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:09 PM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

how do i express myself? My english isnt my best subject. chemistry and math are. i hunt and peck at the keys! and dont punctuate on here, does that make me stupid or unfit? like i said ammed is a special program and a laboratory chemist isnt going to have the same fitness as an army seal. ocs would be a 6 week course for what i would be doing. id have to lose 30 lbs but would do it.
im waiting on them now
Old 01-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Klaatu
My Feedback: (4)

For this to be on-topic, Tim needs to post some pictures of RC warbirds, preferably of some currently in service wearing Army colors.

I'm just saying... :-)

- Jan
Old 01-28-2008, 06:16 PM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

well ill be happy to oblige im completly redoing a tf b-25. glass paint and all rivets and screws. i have a wingspan b-17 coming too
Old 01-29-2008, 08:47 AM
bassfisher
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TT - As far as the Physical Fitness test, the standards are the same for a laboratory chemist, a clerk typist or an infantry Soldier depending on your age group. Good Luck and I hope everything works out for you.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:37 PM
red1

Hi Tim,

I'm former Navy and this all sounds strange to me, but who am I to know . I have lived in Frederick, Maryland, Maryland's 2nd largest city, and in the shadow of Ft. Detrick, for 30 years. I can tell you that they have a Directorate of Morale, Welfare & Recreation. They list a Wood Shop but I don't see any reference to a model club. I suggest you contact Public Affairs Officer at [email protected] or at 301-619-2018 (last update 10/3/07) and ask.

Shouuld you be accepted and stationed at Detrick, be advised that the Frederick Model Aircraft club is here with 2 flying fields and would be happy to have you join us. You can find us on the web at www.frederickmodelaircraftclub.org. We also have a good LHS in town.

If you're ever in town, give me a call and we can get together. I'm in the phone book.

red 1 (aka Don Borton)
AMA IMAA
WACO Brotherhood #72

Old 03-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Shaun Evans

Hi,

I'm sorry. I gotta say it. This whole thing has a very fishy smell. Or maybe that smell is more similar to what you smell driving through Chino, Ca.....
Old 03-13-2008, 04:55 PM
KentuckyColonel

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Hi,

I'm sorry. I gotta say it. This whole thing has a very fishy smell. Or maybe that smell is more similar to what you smell driving through Chino, Ca.....
Been through Chino and Norco.......not nearly as many cows now days....[sm=stupid.gif]
Old 03-13-2008, 07:16 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Old 03-13-2008, 07:20 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

I can not beleive you guys take the time to respond to this thread. Do a search on our friend Timmy.
PS. This is a capitol A, this is a lower case a.