Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Top Flite responds to our Warbird Survey

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Top Flite responds to our Warbird Survey

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 07:58 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Top Flite responds to our Warbird Survey

Guys , who cares ? Face it we are the buyers Top Flight has responded the same way for years. RCU is a powerful tool to learn from , jusy take this simple test . H9 corsair , just count the hits to that subject , that plane is a success. Sky shark Dauntless, success, Great Planes Giant P51 success just like the two H9 p 51s. Yep with all of the gear problems and everything a ton of people bought them . Now look at KMP or Giant scale planes and the bad press, today if a company sits back and markets two slow they lose, if they market crap they lose in the long run , if they market what the consumer dose not want they lose ect .
So if you want a plane and you are part of a majority it dose not matter what Top Flight markets if they dont listen to you the consumer . However in the RC world sometimes we create a inflated demand by buying a new intro that we really did not want so we continue to fule the supplier and put them in control . How many of us loved the corsiar before the H9 was released , yes we mayhave liked it but I woudl bet they got 20% of the unexpected sales from impulse just based on a great marketing job , good quality ,value at a good price . remember if they dont listen you dont have to buy !!!!! have a good day
Old 05-03-2004, 12:47 PM
kerrydel
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also into model trains. For some companies, the thinking is to "introduce" a product before it is actually in production to see if there is a market for it. It can be painful waiting for a couple of years from the time you first hear of a product until it actually is available. I think some manufacturers understand that there is a limited number of dollars to be spent, so if you know that something is coming out, you can start saving for it.

Maybe the secretiveness is to help reduce the number of "when will it be available" calls and emails.

Just my 2 cents

Kerry
Old 05-03-2004, 10:44 PM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some secret!!! ....... Unveiling the likes of planes invented over 60 years ago.

And what's ironic is we have all seen other companies or designers that announce their kits or products "in the works" that we have to wait forever to finally arrive! And some come to be a designers pipe-dream that were never actually marketed. Go figure.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:36 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree and in todays business world manufactures should kiss butt for every call they get on the "when can I but it " !!!!