Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

VQ Mig-3 ARF

Old 09-05-2009, 04:15 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VQ Mig-3 ARF

Congrats ALLISON!!!

Just remember to always keep a little speed up on the landings...

You will love flying your VQ WARBIRD!

and yes the YAKs are coming end of 2009.... the new .60 size FW-190s just arrived...

=-CHEERS!

TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
"KEEP 'EM FLYING"
www.vqwarbirds.com
Old 09-05-2009, 09:16 PM
TakingFlight96

Barry, The paint is OK, just as perfect as the day I picked it up [sm=thumbup.gif] Although I found a big bug that decided to take a ride, apparently their attracted to red Thanks Tomas ! It required only a very tiny bit of trim and it flew so smoooooth ! My dad was highly impressed and was thinking about getting himself a VQ too !

TF96
Old 09-07-2009, 08:34 PM
TakingFlight96

Happy Labor Day ! Anyway this morning I went out to the field and I had another flight on er. I'am not all that familiar w/ warbirds and how the handle differently than other planes. So, I thought I'd give Take-Off a try, so, after some advice from Tony (Thanks Tony !) I tried but ended up letting off of elevator & tipped er over. Woops ! So, I tried again and sucessfully took off, and had a very sucessful flight, due to wind conditions my dad suggested I let him land so I did. I'am truly impressed w/ this plane. Will try to take pictures next time out.

TF96
Old 09-02-2010, 03:59 PM
akaram

Hi,

Got myself a summer camo VQ MIG-3 and thought would share my experiences with it. Definitely the quality of this ARF is not wow, for instance the wood/balsa used in the wings is the brittle/brownish in color. Most hardware and mainly all included screws and nuts and washers, control horns, some pushrods, tailwheel, main wheels, tank and spinner are ugly and of very poor quality so I didnt use them, I used sullivan skylite wheels, dubro tailwheel and control horns, great planes pushrods, dubro spinner, dubro 12 oz tank ...
Another problem with this plane is the covering, if you wipe it with alcohol the printings on the covering will be erased !!! be very careful, use 50% alcohol and 50% water mix or use window cleaner for cleaning. Note that it is not monokote but some king of preprinted sticky film.
I used a Yamada YS-FZ70s for power and an APC 12x8 pattern prop.
Now after too much work and using my own hardware I ended up with a beautiful model which flies great. I love it ! I also installed 2 bomb release mechanisms in the wings ! The bombs are from Hobby Lobby HLH207.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59608.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	1494161   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73973.jpg
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	1494162   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw57272.jpg
Size:	60.2 KB