Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Hanger nine ques

Old 01-27-2009, 11:59 PM
tmaucher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger nine ques

Ive bought a saito .91 off of ebay, and a wrecked hanger nine p51 to go with it. Plane's firewall was pulled, pretty cleanly out of the front of the plane. Ive got it glued back together, so Im waiting on the mail for the motor, cross your fingers with me in hopes that the motor is good. Anyways I'm going with the dx7 with their digital servos. I will need a good spinner and possibly a new cowl and canopy. Im not sure that the retracts are any good but I have a Futaba FP-S136G servo for the retracts. What size batt will I need? Im thinking about putting in flaps, but Im not sure about that. Seems as if that might slow her down a little. If the retracts a crapola, then let's find a decent cheap replacement. I appreciate the help and if you could give a link to thread, which all most certainly must exist, would be great. thanks
Old 01-28-2009, 08:37 AM
G-Pete

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hanger nine ques

[link=http://www.hangar-9.com/ProdInfo/Files/han2375-manual.pdf]click and read here...[/link]

Happy landings
G-Pete
Old 01-28-2009, 08:40 AM
G-Pete

forum wise...

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/searchpro.asp?forumid=ALL&timefilter=0&top=300&message=both&topicreply=combined&criteria=AND&minrank=10&timeframe=%3E&language=single&sortMethod=d&phrase=Hangar+9+.60+P-51]click here and choose one...[/link]

Happy landings
G-Pete
Old 01-28-2009, 08:48 AM
G-Pete

and for parts

[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/RelatedParts.aspx?ProdID=HAN2375&Category=Parts%20Listing#prodDetailTabs]click here and look around[/link]

there is everything what you need - most inexpensive.

Now you got all the links pre-chewed, fix that puppy up, make pictures and let us know how the maiden flight was...video would be nice.

Happy landings
G-Pete

[8D]Next time you know now how to do it[8D]
Old 11-13-2009, 04:05 PM
tmaucher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have since got the hanger nine p51 going. Flies super easy, the landings are cake. Ive painted the whole plane in blue nose colors. Looks good and flys great.