Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

DAVID SHAWNTZ.. ANYBODY SEEN HIM??

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

DAVID SHAWNTZ.. ANYBODY SEEN HIM??

Old 03-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DAVID SHAWNTZ.. ANYBODY SEEN HIM??

Dave Shawntz has my Wendell Hostetler Cess 172 kit, that includes, fiber glass wheel pants, fiberglass cowl, windsheild, nose strut, main landing gear, I believe Lazer Lizard wood to build my 172, and plans. He also has my 3W 85I opposed twin engine and pipes, I gave him $1500.00 toward building fee"s, he has my things for over 5 years, and he will not take my calls, and he changed his email address, I believe he does not wish to return my items to me. This is not a money issue it is a matter of principal.. Either do what you say you were going or be a man and return my items and $$ so I can have someone else build it for me.

My next step is to fly to you and file a police report. I would really not like to have to do that.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:01 AM
geardaddy
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DAVID SHAWNTZ.. ANYBODY SEEN HIM??

Believe he has reason to hide.

http://www.thisweeklive.com/index.ph...=3167&Itemid=2
Old 03-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Warbird Joe

ORIGINAL: geardaddy

Man oh man I sure hate to see someone get their stuff stolen like that but I guess karma bit him in the ARSE. What goes around comes around. Hopefully he's in jail. What a jack@$$
Old 03-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Joe C

He is a theif, no one please ever let him build for you, do not give him money or any kits. He flat out stole from me, and will not take my calls. JC!!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:33 PM
geardaddy
My Feedback: (27)

JC I share your pain, around 8 years ago a clown name of Dwight Warner who took me for $900 on a 1/2 Scale Laser 200 airframe. later talked to the guy who bought my plane for a song who shall remain nameless as he could not have known. I had even conferred with Dwight a few times after he knew that I knew the jig was up. He seemed to be sort of a dimwit with all of his excuses and so on. Last i heard he moved to Hawaii from the Sierra mountain range of California. Believe he lost his wife around the same time too.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:36 PM
TakingFlight96

quote:

ORIGINAL: geardaddy

Man oh man I sure hate to see someone get their stuff stolen like that but I guess karma bit him in the ARSE. What goes around comes around. Hopefully he's in jail. What a jack@$$

I agree 100 %

TF96
Old 03-01-2009, 06:32 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

anyone know why my post was removed. all i said was i think he has built 2 mibo a10's for bagostix and he might have a contact number. no flaming etc. barry
Old 03-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Joe C

I spoke with Rick (Bagostix) I phone Dave all the time, and does not answer the phone, and changed his email addy, I wish he lived closser to me, then I know how to get my things back.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:44 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

bummer for you, was i right? is this the guy that built for rick. if so, he could do a good job. seems not to be so honest though. i think i bought a byron kit from here years ago. wasnt he byronman here on rcu? i looked at byronman's profile and he has been suspended here. i dont know the reason but i think it is the same guy. barry
Old 03-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Joe C

Barry it is the same guy, he did and still builds for Rick, but Rick said this is his last with him, as he is having trouble with him as well, I am sure he was suspended on RCU, he is a theif, a liar, and a so so builder, I hope I never see him at a jet event, which I am sure he will never show his face anywhere. Joe C!!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Rebel Flyer

Dave swantz has a new e-mail address now, and I think he is using a new name too. Good luck trying to reach him though... donswant@yahoo.com

He has been kicked off RCUniverse several times under the name of : BEARHUNTER, P47DMAN and other names too.

He also has been trying to sell his BVM T-33 jet with a new paint scheme on it. He also reported that one as stolen from a trailer during a Scale Flyer's meeting and filed a claim with his insurance. We never heard it was even stolen that night. All of a sudden he has the SAME PLANE with a new paint job... Most of us WORK for a living Dave. You should try it sometime.

I dont think he will be showing his face around the flying fields of Minnesota any time soon.

Good luck,

Rebel

Kirk Hall for those who need to know my name, or Rebel will do.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Rebel Flyer

Dave swantz has a new e-mail address now, and I think he is using a new name too. Good luck trying to reach him though... donswant@yahoo.com

He has been kicked off RCUniverse several times under the name of : BEARHUNTER, P47DMAN and other names too.

He also has been trying to sell his BVM T-33 jet with a new paint scheme on it. He also reported that one as stolen from a trailer during a Scale Flyer's meeting and filed a claim with his insurance. We never heard it was even stolen that night. All of a sudden he has the SAME PLANE with a new paint job... Most of us WORK for a living Dave. You should try it sometime.

I dont think he will be showing his face around the flying fields of Minnesota any time soon.

Good luck,

Rebel

Kirk Hall for those who need to know my name, or Rebel will do.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Joe C

Thank you for his email address, I know I will never get my things back, and the reason for this post is to help others thay may consider him building a jet or any plane for that matter.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:11 PM
kram
My Feedback: (7)

It's quite sad, and maybe a commentary on hard economic times, that more and more criminals are infiltrating the ranks of RC flyers.

Over the last 15 years or so, I have done quite a few deals over the internet or the phone, often sending hundreds or even thousands of dollars out into the ether with no security, and almost every time getting back exactly what I expected, or better.

All in all, it seemed like the RC community was a pretty trustworthy family...an overwhelming majority of whom would at least try to do right by their buyer or seller.

Now, it seems there are usually half a dozen threads going about con men who take advantage of our familial trust and no doubt make out pretty well, because we do seem to be a trusting lot.

I suppose there's a risk for libel by equally unsavory characters, but it seems our old habits of kinda sweeping the bad stuff under the rug isn't working anymore. Many of the bad guys mentioned in these threads have taken advantage of our "see-no-evil" attitude to cheat and steal from several people whose only weakness was they never heard of the guy before.

Maybe it's time we start a rigidly enforced catalog of known cheats to which we could refer if starting a business deal. Trouble is that it's so easy for them to morph and move around on the internet, as noted above.

Ironically, the closest I've ever come to getting scammed was a high-ticket item by a very big name that I did a personal inspection on! I just wasn't good enough to ferret out the flaws!

Anyway: Good Work and Keep Talking! Nothing frustrates a crook like seeing his name plastered all over the forum.

mt
Old 03-01-2009, 11:13 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

About 5 years ago , my wife and sons sent my Great planes F14 kit to Florida with retracts , engine and the work to Mark Turner as a surprise birthday gift for me with a $150 deposit towards the build .
Long story short ,two years later , after threatening him with a live visit , map-questing his house , serioulsy taken the underworld approach , I received my shell of plane , gear and engine back .
Not finished , and with the stench of cigarette smoke I was still promissed my money back , lol , I knew I would never see it and for a short time I decided to do what I do best , and that was impact Mark Turners models ect with spreading the word on RCU . Others from Utah , lost much much more from Mark .'
During the build , we heard "I hace cancer " there was a fire ect ect , so like others we felt for the guy, I even sent him something as well as a another guy from Utah .
And in the end he screwed us , no concious , no man of his word ect , its takes all types in this world and you can only hope god will forgive him for things that he probably did that were much worse them stealing our money .
Good luck with your battle , feel free to PM me with my plan and how I got my plane back
Old 03-02-2009, 08:13 PM
freckles10

When I had done business with him he went under the name (bdmodels) just before he was suspended again. He shorted me a speed controller, when I called him he said, Oh I must have forgotten it, so then he did send me one. At the time he was working for a local hobby store in MN, I do think that they are short a speed controller or so I hear? Keep your head up he will surface again.[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 03-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Rebel Flyer

Byronman is / was Brant Jasper, They are thick as thieves together. I haven't heard from him either. Misery loves company I guess

Rebel

Does anyone want his home address? Send me a PM if you need it.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:41 AM
rcpete2

there are a lot of them around, I shamed a so called builder into giveing some of my stuff back by doing just what your doing on RCU, I wish you luck.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Joe C

I hope one day he can do the right thing and return my things, will see.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Joe C

I finally received an email from Dave, here is what he wrote, a threat I am sure.

You know I had it all boxed up to send back to you , now you can just ****ing wait till I am good and ****ing ready. Or just come and get it if you ****ING DARE!!!!!!!
- Original Message -

Tough guys are always never in arms reach. He should choke on my things.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:19 PM
freckles10

There is a fella up in MN they call Opie, take him with you and I bet you will get results...[sm=punching.gif]
Old 03-04-2009, 08:39 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Just call the local Sheriff in his area. They will go out and "discuss" the situation with him.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:25 AM
kram
My Feedback: (7)

After 5 years, he was just about ready to send it to you???

Yeah, what are the odds of that?!!

mt
Old 03-04-2009, 10:18 AM
bassfisher
My Feedback: (21)

I agree with TLH, call the local police department and send them a copy of his e-mail, he's already known to them (from the newspaper story). Looks like a threat to me in addressing about getting your property back.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Rebel Flyer

Joe,

I cant believe how you are the one being attacked over this. Since you owe me $3500.00, You want me to just collect it from him?

He has a new court date in Hastings, MN. 5/12/09 @ 8AM Dakota county court house. Jury and all.

I cant wait to see him in Rosemount at the flying field this Spring.

Rebel

Or do you guys need my name again?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.