Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

ATTENTION: All Top Flite Corsair, P-40, ROBART 615 & CJM Retract Owners !PLEASE READ!

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

ATTENTION: All Top Flite Corsair, P-40, ROBART 615 & CJM Retract Owners !PLEASE READ!

Old 06-25-2004, 07:19 PM
shupack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reponse from Sierra

has anyone heard from him? maybe he's ill, or hurt?
Old 06-25-2004, 09:46 PM
torp

Just Plane Nuts , same here .
Let us know how you get on .
cheers torp
Old 06-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Maiden Voyage

I sent an email to all of his accounts on Wednesday requesting either a FIRM delivery date or a refund. That night he responded saying my check was in the mail and he regretted not being able to meet his original promise due to all the other orders he had. So.... I would say this venture, at least as far as Sierra Precision, is dead! His total disregard for keeping us informed is appalling and I for one will NEVER do business with him again. [:@]

So, who wants my business for a set of rotating retracts for a TF .60 Corsair?

MV
Old 06-26-2004, 12:23 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Maiden Voyage

So, who wants my business for a set of rotating retracts for a TF .60 Corsair?

MV
If you sell him one set, I want 3. Speak up...heheheheh

Don
Old 06-26-2004, 02:00 PM
Robinaire
My Feedback: (23)

Dear Maiden; (HMMM, must be a better title than that!!!) I have been watching the trials and tribulations of the smaller size Corsair buffs for some time, and have decided it might be worthwhile to take a hard look at it. I have been mainly working on one for 1/5 and 1/4 size, but there appears to be enough interest out there to warrant a look-see. Could you, or someone out there make me xerox copies of the top, front and side views, plus ribs in gear area? Send them to me at 2000 N. Congress Ave, #228, W. Palm Beach, FL 33409. Thanks in advance. Lee Robinson
Old 06-26-2004, 04:52 PM
hattend

Robinaire:

The specifications for the Robart 615 can be found on Robart's website, in PDF format, http://www.robart.com/retracts/drawings/615.pdf (note the copyright)

Hope the link works, if not, go to the robart website and click on "Retracts, 5-10 pounds, Pneumatic" and then check the specs on the 615 series.

I don't have the Corsair plans readily available.

My 615 replacements will go into a TF Corsair, the TF P-40, and a Bridi Shrike Commander

Don
Old 06-26-2004, 06:28 PM
kitesurfer

Maiden,

What address did you use to request your refund where you actually got a response?? I've tried D's AOL and his Sales@sierra..., but only a notice that they are full and I never get a response.

I want an refund too, but I can't reach the guy. It would sure help to know what Email address he's actually looking at.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Just Plane Nuts

Robinaire,
I can copy the TF P-40 views and send them to you if it will help.
Dale
Old 06-27-2004, 12:36 AM
Maiden Voyage

Robinaire: Just MV is fine....As for plans I'll have to dig mine out. Does it have to be a Zerox copy or can I just scan them and email them to you? Of course with the proper scale reference so you can print them properly.

kitesurfer: The one he responded from was DarrellCNC@aol.com and I also got an undeliverable from sales@sierragiant.com Good Luck, I'll let you know when I get the check.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:46 AM
torp

Yep ,just e-mailed for my re-fund ............
Old 06-27-2004, 04:01 AM
kitesurfer

Madien,

Thanks for the email addres, I just sent in for my refund, this will be the 3rd Email Address I've tried...

OK, THAT SAID WHERE ARE WE ALL GOING TO GET A DECENT PAIR OF RETRACTS FOR THESE BIRDS????

I'm currently in Japan and I spent all day yesterday walking from Shop to Shop asking if they had retracts. All the locally made ones in JP are mechanical, quality is very good, but they don't make rotating versions anywhere I can find. I've asked in at least 10 shops here.

Also, let me dispell any belief any of you have that you can buy anything here cheaper or better than in the US. You can't!!!! Even the JR and Futaba stuff is about 1.5X what we buy it for in the US. Oh, well I had some high hopes to find some killer retracts here, but that is not going to happen.

So Robinaire or Lenny - You've both got a chance to make a whole lot of folks real happy, I'm willing to send my deposit to either of you that is willing to commit to delivery within 3 months with good quality gear.

Anybody else with me? Just how many of there are there out there waiting for these retracts??

Heck I would even buy a 615 Upgrade kit if that were possible, but in looking at the 615s it looks touch, as the only thing left would be the Oleo strut, everything else is just trash.
Old 06-27-2004, 04:37 AM
Robinaire

Good morning Don; (Hatend) Thanks for the response. I will certainly go to the 615 site, but when I design a custom gear, I don't allow other mechanics to dictate the design. It can be counterproductive. I try to do this, but sometimes, in order to make a properly functing system, the dimensions may have to be a bit different. I would still like a copy of the plan area so that I can see the wing structure at the gear area, ribs, for example defining thickness, and the proper leg length. Right now I'm designing one for a 1/12 scale FW-190, air operated,(!!) with a footprint of 1.1" x 1.2" x .6"! Try that one on for size!! Sincerely; Lee Robinson
Old 06-27-2004, 04:52 AM
Robinaire

Hi Kitesurfer; I have already accepted the challenge, but am having difficulty getting copies of the P-40 or Corsair plans, just the gear area, so that I see the structure, ribs (for thickness) and leg length. I do not accept payment until I have a viable design, and build a prototype so I can define my goofs!!! If anybody out there has the plan info, on BOTH, I would certainly appreciate copies. I'm sure Lenny would want the same info, if he doesn't already have it, so he too can do the best job possible. Just think--between the two of us, maybe we can come up with one superbrain!! Right, Lenny?? By the way, thanks for the pic of the Shinden. Now that you have imposed your ugly kisser on me, I shall retaliate!! Sincerely; Lee Robinson Robinaire
Old 06-27-2004, 09:26 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

To me, the Robart 615's have too big of a footprint as they are 1 1/16" wide, 2 3/4" long, and 1 1/16" deep. Century Jet rotating retracts are more compact at 7/8" wide, 1 1/2" long, and 1 1/8" deep. In the case of an ARF, it would be better if the footprint for the retracts is kept small because less wood is needed to be removed to get the retracts to fit.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:37 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

I too would like to see an up to date, high quality rotating retract available for these .60 size birds. However, for those who can't wait, shop around and see if you can find a good set of Rhom Air rotaters. I flew these in a TF Gold Edition Corsair for many, many trouble free flights. They are simple, almost to the point of appearing cheap, but the design works. The only thing I would do differently if I built another is adapt some sort of scale, functional strut and get rid of the bare wire gear legs. I flew off of dirt and pavement but I think the Rhom Airs would be fine on grass, especially with a functional strut. Just my .02 cents.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:48 PM
hattend

ORIGINAL: Robinaire

Good morning Don; (Hatend) Thanks for the response. I will certainly go to the 615 site, but when I design a custom gear, I don't allow other mechanics to dictate the design. It can be counterproductive. I try to do this, but sometimes, in order to make a properly functing system, the dimensions may have to be a bit different. I would still like a copy of the plan area so that I can see the wing structure at the gear area, ribs, for example defining thickness, and the proper leg length. Right now I'm designing one for a 1/12 scale FW-190, air operated,(!!) with a footprint of 1.1" x 1.2" x .6"! Try that one on for size!! Sincerely; Lee Robinson
Hi Lee,

The only reason I recommended the Robart site is their gear was what TF designed their planes around. So I figured the measurement there would give you an idea of the dimensions required. Just close one eye, take the measurements and ignore what the gear looks like. LOL.

Hope you decide to make it a go...you have a customer base waiting.

Don
Old 06-28-2004, 04:31 AM
torp

Default Unitracts ??

just repeating this question asked earlier ;
Has anyone put Unitracts in the 60 Corsair ?????
Any good ??
cheers torp.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:49 AM
Just Plane Nuts

Lee
I can copy my P-40 print sections today and have them in the mail to you tomorrow.
Dale
Old 06-30-2004, 02:59 PM
Just Plane Nuts

I just got off of the phone with Darrell he is telling me that the gear will be ready to ship in a month or so....it is the So part about that statement that worries me. As of right know my order is still with him but if Lee or Lenny should design and manufacture a set sooner I will ask for a refund and buy from them....Who knows if seirra does finish this I should be close to the top of the list for shipping...
Dale
Old 06-30-2004, 03:10 PM
hattend

<never mind>

Sheesh!
Don
Old 06-30-2004, 05:30 PM
p-40_lova

Nice! So should I. Fingers crossed....again.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:23 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (84)

ORIGINAL: Just Plane Nuts

I just got off of the phone with Darrell he is telling me that the gear will be ready to ship in a month or so....it is the So part about that statement that worries me. As of right know my order is still with him but if Lee or Lenny should design and manufacture a set sooner I will ask for a refund and buy from them....Who knows if seirra does finish this I should be close to the top of the list for shipping...
Dale
Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Believe it when you see it.

Pete
Old 06-30-2004, 10:20 PM
Maiden Voyage

Robinaire:

I just finished coping my Corsair plans, should have them in the mail tomorrow.

Just Plane Nuts:

Good luck!
Old 07-01-2004, 04:13 AM
Pete850

Hi Guys,

Just had a bit of a scoot around the forums and found a thread discussing Eurokit Rotating Retracts from Italy, which look well engineered. I couldn't see any mention of them on this thread though. Are you chaps aware of these and has anyone fitted them to a GSP (Flair) Corsair yet?

http://www.eurokitlucca.it/EnglishSi...tating_leg.htm

Pete
Old 07-01-2004, 05:14 AM
torp

Hi Pete850, they look good.
I asked a question on unitracts the other day too . http://www.unitracts.co.uk/
Need comments on both these !!!!
cheers torp

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.