Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2022, 07:01 AM
Maxam
My Feedback: (62)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

It is my understanding that it is not compatible due to a different timing curve. I have been told this. I do not know positively. -Tom
Old 08-14-2022, 03:06 AM
Didier

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Powerbox PBS-T250

Hello guys.
Did anyone have experience with the Powerbox PBS-T250 on there Moki?

I use Jeti and they only have a dual temp probe MT300. So you need 3 of those for a 5 cilinder engine.

Old 08-14-2022, 08:52 AM
Hyjinx

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Didier
Hello guys.

I use Jeti and they only have a dual temp probe MT300. So you need 3 of those for a 5 cilinder engine.

Can't answer that question but have a related query.
Has anyone used this device with a Spectrum or FrSky open TX radio? Monitoring five head temps is not easily possible with either radio/system. Thank you for your time if you have experience and can answer.
Aaron-
Old 08-14-2022, 10:28 PM
pmosf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello guys.

yes, works nicely (I have a jeti radio)
I use one of the screws on the cylinder head to fasten the sensor
Old 08-14-2022, 10:30 PM
Didier

Originally Posted by pmosf
That is great to hear! Thanks for the information.
I am gonna order one.
Old 08-14-2022, 11:00 PM
Didier

What cilinders temps do you normally have with your Moki 180 and the PBS T250?
Old 08-16-2022, 08:43 PM
Hyjinx

Hey folks.

I smoked a new aps pump running in a new radial engine of a different manufacturer. I saw another pump named earlier in this thread but can't find any info on it on the net by the listed name Can whoever mentioned it provide an active link please.
Old 08-17-2022, 11:27 PM
pmosf

about 85°C
Old 08-17-2022, 11:36 PM
Didier

about 85°C
Thanks. I have 2 Powerbox sparkswitch Pro’s equipped with the same sensors on my Saito’s and they seems to sense a lower temp value then it actually is compared to the MT300 from Jeti. 85c degrees is not very high for an air cooled engine.
Old 08-18-2022, 11:37 AM
Robert-H

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello guys.

Yes I used it for 2 years now, works great, cant be without it, it informs me when 3 lower cyl is ready for takeoff (steadily climbing above 70 degrees, sometimes it stays below 50 degrees)
I strap it between the valves, with a iron wire that I tighten gradually until fixed
I use it with a Multiplex Profi TX
Robert
Old 08-18-2022, 12:31 PM
Didier

Originally Posted by Robert-H
Yes I used it for 2 years now, works great, cant be without it, it informs me when 3 lower cyl is ready for takeoff (steadily climbing above 70 degrees, sometimes it stays below 50 degrees)
I strap it between the valves, with a iron wire that I tighten gradually until fixed
I use it with a Multiplex Profi TX
Robert
Good to hear Robert. Do you have a picture how you fixed the sensors?
Old 08-18-2022, 02:37 PM
TimD.
My Feedback: (207)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Pic of UMS pumps.
Old 08-18-2022, 09:14 PM
pmosf

Originally Posted by Hyjinx
Hey folks.

I smoked a new aps pump running in a new radial engine of a different manufacturer. I saw another pump named earlier in this thread but can't find any info on it on the net by the listed name Can whoever mentioned it provide an active link please.
RCEXL smoke pump.
There is no fuel return line on it. The carb has to be modified to add the return line.
Old 08-19-2022, 03:47 AM
Hyjinx

RCEXL smoke pump.
There is no fuel return line on it. The carb has to be modified to add the return line.
Thank you. I was wondering if I could use my Sullivan smoke pump. Wasn't sure if the seals and guts would take unleaded gas. Have been running an earlier APS non programmable pump that Dr Gotz shipped with my 257.
The failed APS is at the Hacker Shop for diagnosis.
Also got a lead on a British made pump that looks very promising. Also the post above looks good to.
I appreciate the responses to my question to all who have taken the valuable time to do so.
Aaron
Old 08-19-2022, 12:09 PM
Robert-H

Good to hear Robert. Do you have a picture how you fixed the sensors?
Yes, It only requires a small hole for the wire, and maybe some filing between the cooling fins, and some heat paste.
I think that the absolute correct temp is not so important, I am locking for the difference between the cylinders.
Br, /Robert

Old 08-19-2022, 12:11 PM
Robert-H

RCEXL smoke pump.
Also it is not a reliable product!, one of the cogwheels came of on the one I tested, an it has no pressure regulator
Old 08-26-2022, 11:35 AM
Didier

Originally Posted by Robert-H
Yes, It only requires a small hole for the wire, and maybe some filing between the cooling fins, and some heat paste.
I think that the absolute correct temp is not so important, I am locking for the difference between the cylinders.
Br, /Robert
Thank you Robert
Old 09-05-2022, 05:43 AM
tziger

Hello,

i am the owner of a new moki 180 and an old JR 9303 2,4.
When i did a range check at the field, the receiver was going on safe mode after some distance with the engine running.
I noticed the same thing when I had the engine on the test bench but the receiver was 15cm away. When i moved it at 1 meter the issue was solved.
On the model the distance between ignition module and receiver is about half a meter. Not easy to move it further back.
I am confused because i read on the forums that an ignition cannot cause interreference on a 2,4 system.
Is there a minimum distance or should I search for another problem?
The engine was run in on the bench for 10 hours without any glitz after the initial fix.

Has any one else experienced interference from the ignition module? I's the blue one.

Thank you in advance for the help, I am 1 week away of flying my Jerry Bates 1/4 Spartan Executive.
Lawrence

Last edited by tziger; 09-05-2022 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-28-2022, 10:05 AM
Jaketab
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Just came across some a very excellent Moki information source. Olivier Rogeau of France has a business named, "Modelisme Micromoteurs Service". He has begun posting a series of videos of a Moki 250 in overhaul and repair. Link to these videos is located on his Facebook page at:
www.facebook.com/ModelismeMicromoteursService
The video are spoken in French, but one can still follow well enough. There are also many photos to go with the videos.

Regards - J Tab

Last edited by Jaketab; 09-28-2022 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-28-2022, 02:07 PM
Hyjinx

Originally Posted by tziger
Hello,

i am the owner of a new moki 180 and an old JR 9303 2,4.
When i did a range check at the field, the receiver was going on safe mode after some distance with the engine running.
I noticed the same thing when I had the engine on the test bench but the receiver was 15cm away. When i moved it at 1 meter the issue was solved.
On the model the distance between ignition module and receiver is about half a meter. Not easy to move it further back.
I am confused because i read on the forums that an ignition cannot cause interreference on a 2,4 system.
Is there a minimum distance or should I search for another problem?
The engine was run in on the bench for 10 hours without any glitz after the initial fix.

Has any one else experienced interference from the ignition module? I's the blue one.

Thank you in advance for the help, I am 1 week away of flying my Jerry Bates 1/4 Spartan Executive.
Lawrence
Respectfully Lawrence. At this level in the hobby a tech arrow to isolate the potential ignition interference at 50 bucks or so is hard not to justify. No matter which flight system you choose. On any radio frequency.
Just my two cents. Best wishes on you flights with that plane. I suspect it was purchased in West Michigan. If so it is a stunning model.
Aaron-

Old 09-28-2022, 02:09 PM
Hyjinx

Originally Posted by Jaketab
Just came across some a very excellent Moki information source. Olivier Rogeau of France has a business named, "Modelisme Micromoteurs Service". He has begun posting a series of videos of a Moki 250 in overhaul and repair. Link to these videos is located on his Facebook page at:
www.facebook.com/ModelismeMicromoteursService
The video are spoken in French, but one can still follow well enough. There are also many photos to go with the videos.

Regards - J Tab
Thanks JTabExcellent source.
Aaron-
Old 09-29-2022, 09:42 AM
Eulboyington

Hello guys,
After soon 10 years in our Modelisme Micromoteurs service French Company, we take time to make videos about MOKI Radials maintenance, but sorry we work as well as we can but It could be very difficult for us to explain all tips in English.
From A to Z, we will help you to be able of your MOKI radial overhaul, if any personal difficulties, don't hesitate to email us fot help !
Our YouTube Channel : (2) Olivier ROGEAU - YouTube
Kind regards from France
Olivier
The following users liked this post:
Jaketab (09-29-2022)
Old 09-29-2022, 10:19 AM
Hyjinx

Originally Posted by Eulboyington
Hello guys,
After soon 10 years in our Modelisme Micromoteurs service French Company, we take time to make videos about MOKI Radials maintenance, but sorry we work as well as we can but It could be very difficult for us to explain all tips in English.
From A to Z, we will help you to be able of your MOKI radial overhaul, if any personal difficulties, don't hesitate to email us fot help !
Our YouTube Channel : (2) Olivier ROGEAU - YouTube
Kind regards from France
Olivier
Thank you Oliver.
Aaron Hubbard. AKA (Hyjinx)
Old 10-02-2022, 11:30 PM
tziger

Originally Posted by Hyjinx
Respectfully Lawrence. At this level in the hobby a tech arrow to isolate the potential ignition interference at 50 bucks or so is hard not to justify. No matter which flight system you choose. On any radio frequency.
Just my two cents. Best wishes on you flights with that plane. I suspect it was purchased in West Michigan. If so it is a stunning model.
Aaron-
Thanks for the reply but I am sorry Hyjinx, i am not aware of the tech-arrow. Can you please explain? Is it a system?

I live in Belgium and the model is build by me.

BR,
Lawrence
Old 10-16-2022, 09:07 AM
srp55
My Feedback: (54)

Cool MOki 250 service/ repair

Can anyone tell me how or where I can send a old style Moki 250cc to for service/repair. My Moki quit running during take off 75ft up end of runway went in as easy as possible still suffered damage but is rebuildable.We put the moki on a engine stand and determine it is not recieving spark. It is the hi hat version, we have a new spare so we swapped it out and still no spark. I'd like send it someone who can trouble shoot the issue. Both hi hats are showing power and the igition light flashs indicating the plugs should be getting power we pulled a plug and confirmed no ignition spark at plug.I know Vogelsang had Julian Mashburn did their service work but am unable to reach anyone at Vogelsang and don't have a number for Julian. Any help would be appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.