Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Lado retracts would you buy ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes I would do buy Lado products ?
51.44%
No I would not buy Lado products ?
48.56%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Lado retracts would you buy ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 07:51 PM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lado retracts would you buy ?

There is quite the battle going on in a different thread regarding lado electric retracts, for me it poses a question would you buy from lado ? or not ? I'm not all that interested in why or why not that has been done to death, merly a pole I am curious to see some actual data please feel free to chime in but please keep it friendly without long drawn out complaints or praise, Again as stated before the why has been done to death and I don't wish to rehash a previous thread

thanks
Mike
Old 11-19-2009, 08:11 PM
82blackbird
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Lado retracts would you ?

I sure would but be advised that it will be a long wait till you get them. Order the retracts long before you start construction on your airplane.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Woody218
My Feedback: (24)

How can you do business with someone whose web page shows every item out of stock?
Old 11-19-2009, 08:38 PM
ZERO-322

Woddy please like I said no attacks , there are people like myself who have had positive experiences with lado just like there have been negative the point of this pole is to get some actual data, maybe this will help everyone get a better understanding Lado tec included, and give a clear picture of what going on
Old 11-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

I'm sure Lado is a typical R/C cottage industry. If he's out of stock, then he's sold everything. to me that's good.
Walt
Old 11-20-2009, 12:27 AM
KentuckyColonel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two sets of Lado retracts. One 60-1 and one 60-2, both are flawless. I will do business with Lado again, especially when Doug starts to offer oleo strut ready retracts.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:53 AM
ZERO-322

Wow so far a dead heat even 13 for and 13 against I would be very interested to see how this goes
Old 11-20-2009, 04:17 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lado has a good concept. I hope they succeed.

There has been enough controversy about their business practices to convince me to stay away.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:18 AM
buz2au

I think there should be a third option in this poll – wait till they become more reliable with service & supply
Old 11-20-2009, 06:40 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I already have 1 set of his rotating retracts for H-9 Corsair, and consider them to be THE BEST option for the H-9 warbirds.
But would I buy again? I plan to, WHEN he has what I want in inventory, and the all the commotion about over-due back-orders subsides.
Great product, poor communications to customers, extremely delayeddelivery times, and in general: poor public relations.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Some people aren't ready for success. I used to do some "home-piece-work" for Robart when they were getting started; I know the challenges they faced making the transition from start-up to going concern. It's been nearly 40 years and a change of ownership, but I still hear some of the "I remember when" stories. And how about SpringAir when they first came on the scene? I had a set on order for almost a year before I canceled because I went with another brand. From what I hear now they're doing okay (of course, I'm still wary of them <VBG>).
Walt
Old 11-20-2009, 12:05 PM
ZERO-322

walt thanks for sharing I didn't even think of robart having similar issues, but your story does bring into perspective that everyone goes through growing pains sometimes there able to work it out and sometimes now robart is a household name with RC hopefully lado can do the same
Old 11-20-2009, 03:16 PM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I have a set of the Lado 60-2t retracts for the H9 Corsair. I have the larger CMP Corsair and Bob Hayes made an adapter so he and I could use the larger Robart 440 struts on the lado's. The Lado's are the best retact I own and they can diffinitly hold up to the lager 7/16" struts. It me 5 months to get the retracts from Lado and I was getting worried. Doug did come thru and I will order another set about 6 months before I need them
Old 11-20-2009, 04:35 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

yes will buy from them , when Robart , Sierra , CJ or Shindin buys them and runs them like a real retract company
Old 11-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Jinxx

I would love to have Lado retracts but I will never order them from Lado based on the experiences others have had with long waits, etc. I think the only way I'll end up with Lados is if I buy them from another modeler.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:08 PM
CorsairJock

ORIGINAL: LDM

yes will buy from them , when Robart , Sierra , CJ or Shindin buys them and runs them like a real retract company
BTW: I was one of the original 20 to place an order for the much balliehoed Sierra '60 size' rotating retracts.
After 6 months of broken promises and lack of communications (sound familiar?): I cancelled my order. It is my understanding that the original remaining customers finally recived their retracts about a year after the original promised shipping date.

Which is probably why I showed a little more (than some) patience with Doug: he wasn't the 1st one who made promises he couldn't keep, and he wasn't the 1st to totally fail with communications with customers.

I'm not suggesting that what Doug is doing is an OK way to run a business, but please don't mention Sierra when you suggest how a business should be run either. Maybe Darrell has his act together now, but I remember when he was running his business like Doug has been recently.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:35 PM
ZERO-322

ORIGINAL: CorsairJock

ORIGINAL: LDM

BTW: I was one of the original 20 to place an order for the much balliehoed Sierra '60 size' rotating retracts.
After 6 months of broken promises and lack of communications (sound familiar?): I cancelled my order. It is my understanding that the original remaining customers finally recived their retracts about a year after the original promised shipping date.

Which is probably why I showed a little more (than some) patience with Doug: he wasn't the 1st one who made promises he couldn't keep, and he wasn't the 1st to totally fail with communications with customers.

I'm not suggesting that what Doug is doing is an OK way to run a business, but please don't mention Sierra when you suggest how a business should be run either. Maybe Darrell has his act together now, but I remember when he was running his business like Doug has been recently.
Well said buddy ! I guess time will tell
Old 11-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Nathan_L

Wow. Apparently I need to move our shop into making stuff for the R/C crowd because apparently the demand for good customer service is zero if 50% of people would still do business them.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:30 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

"Wow. Apparently I need to move our shop into making stuff for the R/C crowd because apparently the demand for good customer service is zero if 50% of people would still do business them" Yes I know what you mean !!

Sierra , perhaps he was not that good at one time , but I can only speak from experience and I was shipped my Fw190 gear before he even received payment , yes its true . To me that is the trust that goes beyond normal and the quality is second to none .

As stated in so many post , Lado would not ship nor approve any products into your little RC hands if they had to wait for payment , but when the tables are turned we are all bad guys if we simply want to be shipped as promised . If we got sick , if we had power failuers , if we lost our jobs , if we had work delays , dog ate my money , kids spit up on my Lado invoice ect ect , would the patience go both ways ? lol , I dont think so .

I wont buy , and best yet I wont stress over them ever , I love all my air retracts and I have them down so pat that they retract in a scale manner , and problem free .
All I stress about is important things like do I have beer with my pizza or soda ,
do I have chocolate cake , or ice cream these my friend are so much more important they simple little eletric retracts that scream every time you use them . My air retracts are way more "stealth " and that is more scale , all you hear is a slight hiss , the enemy planes do not know I am coming .
Old 11-20-2009, 07:31 PM
GAP-RCU

ORIGINAL: Nathan_L

Wow. Apparently I need to move our shop into making stuff for the R/C crowd because apparently the demand for good customer service is zero if 50% of people would still do business them.
LOL - I was thinking the same thing!!
Old 11-20-2009, 07:46 PM
ZERO-322

As stated in so many post , Lado would not ship nor approve any products into your little RC hands if they had to wait for payment , but when the tables are turned we are all bad guys if we simply want to be shipped as promised . If we got sick , if we had power failuers , if we lost our jobs , if we had work delays , dog ate my money , kids spit up on my Lado invoice ect ect , would the patience go both ways ? lol , I dont think so .

AH ! LDM ya KILL ME LOL LOL !!!!!
Old 11-20-2009, 09:40 PM
bassmanh
My Feedback: (5)

zero,

hmmmmm from your post.

"I'm not all that interested in why or why not that has been done to death, merly a pole I am curious to see some actual data please feel free to chime in but please keep it friendly without long drawn out complaints or praise, Again as stated before the why has been done to death and I don't wish to rehash a previous thread "

then see your post above.

bass
Old 11-20-2009, 09:53 PM
CaptainHook
My Feedback: (80)

I had to vote no. Only because I know the frustration of waiting and waiting and waiting. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread to plan ahead. That's good advice if you have the patience.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:55 PM
ZERO-322

OK ? the man cracked a few jokes I found to be funny what's your point ? it also said feel free to chime in but please keep it friendly, am I missing something ?
Old 11-21-2009, 05:53 AM
CorsairJock

ORIGINAL: Nathan_L

Only if your business is geared towards your love for the hobby, NOT if you want it to be very profitable. Truth is: very few (if any) are getting rich in manufacturing R/C accessories. It's a real 'niche' market. Look at what happened to Heritage/ SkyShark. They offered high quality, U.S. made warbird kits, but went out of business because too many felt that they were over-priced. These guys were just trying to turn a reasonable profit, and DID love the hobby.
So the sad news is" it becomes a SELLER'S market. So few companies are willing to invest into something new and/ or improve thier existing products because of the cost of doing so. Enter Joe Entrepreneur: a guy with a great idea, but no prevoius business experience, and lacking in resourses to mass produce the product he envisions. Once he DOES get the production lines rolling, he is swamped with orders and doesn't do well under stress. He is definately not getting rich (better not quit his other job), yet some complain about his hi prices.

Again, not defending him, but I am undersatnding what he is going thru, to an extent. As for the lack of communications: that is what irks me most, as it does many others. But like I said: he is certainly not the 1st.

One more thing: I do not beleive that Doug is a crook/ he is not trying to rip anybody off. I believe he simply does not have the resources to keep up with demand, and will ultimately either deliver the goods OR offer refunds to customers who he cannot deliver to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.