Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Warbirds Over Delaware - July 7 - 10, 2010

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Warbirds Over Delaware - July 7 - 10, 2010

Old 01-24-2010, 09:06 AM
bpasternak
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warbirds Over Delaware - July 7 - 10, 2010

Please note that the offical RCUniverse thread is posted at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9442963/tm.htm
Please post all replies there.

Warbirds Over Delaware will be held July 7 - 10, 2010. Please note that these dates are Wednesday through Saturday.

Warbirds Over Delaware is an AMA and IMAA scale warbird event. All pilots must have a valid AMA and IMAA membership.

All aircraft flown during the event hours must be a scale warbird and meet IMAA specifications of 80" wing span for monoplanes or 60" wing span for multi-wing aircraft or 1/4 scale or larger.

A pilot landing fee of $25 (Overnight RV campers will pay a reduced rate) will be charged. This fee will cover your vehicle State Park entrance fee, provide a ticket in the pilots-only raffle, and the pilot's ticket for the expanded Saturday evening BBQ. All fees will be collected after arrival. There is no pre-payment.

Pilot and vendor pre-registration is now open. Full details are available on the Warbirds Over Delaware Web Site at: http://delawarerc.org/warbirds.htm

Pre-registration is highly recommended. There is no cost to pre-register.

Pre-registered pilots will have their registration forms automatically filled out and waiting at the registration table at the event.

Best,
Brian Pasternak
Delaware R/C Club
Old 06-07-2010, 08:55 PM
bpasternak

Default RE: Warbirds Over Delaware - July 7 - 10, 2010

Pilot pre-registration will close on Wednesday June 30th.

See you at Warbirds Over Delaware!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:23 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Brian, as if I would miss it!!!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 06:01 PM
bpasternak

Hello everyone. We've been informed that there are statements out there saying that only 2.4GHz spread spectrum transmitters are allowed at Warbirds Over Delaware this year. This statement is not true.

All aircraft frequencies, 50MHz (ham), 72MHz, and 2.4GHz are allowed at Warbirds Over Delaware this year.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best,
Brian
Old 06-10-2010, 09:54 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

My brother and I planned on attending the War Birds over Georgia event, but had to cancel. I'm hoping to make this event and meet some of the same folks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89450.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	1451375  
Old 06-11-2010, 06:04 AM
rcpete2

I was ask if there will be flying Sun.11th YES,we will be sold every day. Pete
Old 06-11-2010, 07:10 PM
rcpete2

Mac Hodges will be there,thats worth the landing alone.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:38 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Pete, I'm at Mac's this week and he told me he'll be at WOD...cool!!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:46 AM
bpasternak

Hello everyone. Pilot pre-registration will close in 7 days on June 30th. IMAA pilot and plane registration forms will be filled out and waiting at the registration desk for pre-registered pilots. If you don't make the deadline, pilot registration will still be available at the event. Event and registration details are available at: http://delawarerc.org/warbirds.htm

Please make sure that you've updated your aircraft information in the database. Please delete any outdated information by June 30th using the following:

1. Log into the Warbirds Over Delaware Pilot Database with your login info that you've received in your welcome email.

2. Select "I Need To Update My Current Information" and then click "Continue".

3. Select "View My Aircraft Information" and then click "Continue".

4. To change info on or delete a saved plane, select "Change Information About One Of The Above Aircraft" and then click "Continue". If you wish to add a plane, select "Add A New Aircraft"."

5. Select the plane you wish to edit or delete and click "View Selected Aircraft".

6. Make changes or select "[C*A*U*T*I*O*N] DELETE THIS AIRCRAFT FROM MY LIST" and click "Submit".

Please let me know if you have any issues or questions.

Best,
Brian
Old 06-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Kickin Chicken

Hi Everyone,

Mac and Team are planning on leaving Mon. July 5th and staying to Sunday, the B-29/X1 is locked and loaded.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone again this year but Y'all need to keep those wild critters away from us, being from South Georgia they could windup being supper.

Charlie
Old 06-24-2010, 08:09 PM
bpasternak

...Y'all need to keep those wild critters away from us, being from South Georgia they could windup being supper...
We've got top people on the job!

Old 06-25-2010, 05:59 AM
rcpete2

Last year,there was flying on Sun.so dont let the brake down crew stop you from flying its still A WOD DAY. have fun.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:59 AM
bpasternak

Hello everyone. Pilot pre-registration for Warbirds Over Delaware is now closed. Of course, pilots can still register at the event.

I will now process and print the pilot forms. Pilot forms will be waiting for pre-registered pilots at the registration desk.

From this point on, any changes to pilot information or registered aircraft in the database may not be reflected on the printed registration form. I will do my best to update any information, but its not guaranteed.

The weather forecast for next week call for typical hot summer-like conditions. Stay cool and hydrated. The weather page for the area can be found at: http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Bear+DE+USDE0001

Over the years, the events sponsored by the Delaware R/C Club have benefited several local charities. This year, our main focus will be the Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation [link]http://www.alexslemonade.org[/link] fighting childhood cancers. To supplement our Club's donation, we will host a lemonade stand at the event on Saturday July 10th from 10:00AM - 3:00PM. Our goal for the stand is currently $500.00, but we'd like to exceed this goal. This goal does not include our intended Club donation which will be determined once final expenses have been totaled. Proceeds from the pit passes and raffles go to make up the amount of the final donation. Donations can be made at the event, or online at the official event stand page at: http://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/67064

This year, we will have spectator parking available at the Lums Pond State Park Campground on Route 71, one mile north of the R/C Flying Field on both Friday and Saturday. Only pilots, vendors and handicap parking will be available at the R/C Flying Field on Friday and Saturday. Rangers will be at the field entrance to direct spectators to the Campground. Buses will transport spectators from the Campground starting at 9:00AM through 3:30PM on Friday and Saturday.

Even though Sunday isn't an "official" Warbird day, pilots are welcome to continue flying on Sunday.

Additional event information is available at:
http://delawarerc.org/warbirds.htm

Important spectator information is available at:
http://delawarerc.org/wod_spectator.htm

We hope everyone has a safe trip out to Warbirds this year, and that you have an enjoyable event. Please let us know of any problems or concerns.

Best,
Brian

Here's a pretty picture for you to view. Warning: don't try to touch the image, you'll only smudge your screen!
Old 07-01-2010, 09:34 AM
miklos
My Feedback: (38)

Working feverishly to have my P-61 repaired and ready for the event. Baring any unforseen problems, I should have it ready this weekend...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18854.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	1461401   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36383.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1461402  
Old 07-01-2010, 10:50 AM
ccostant

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Miklos,

There's a group of us going down from the Woodstock RC Flyers club. We should try to hook up at WOD. This is my second time; first time as a spectator, this time I am bringing a few warbirds to fly. It's an awesome event.

- Carl
Old 07-01-2010, 11:15 AM
miklos

CCostant, there's a good group of us going from the club I belong to in North Haven, the East Coast Swamp Flyers.... Look for us. If you've ever been to the IMAA event in Bloomfield, you'll probably know the two fellows at our club who fly the Giant Mustangs in tandem. They put on quite a show. Last year I flew the P-61 at the Bloomfield IMAA event. Looking forward to hooking up with you guys. Should be quite a blast.
Come to think of it, I was at our warbird event last year. If I remember correctly, the weather Saturday was miserable, but Sunday was not too bad just a little breezy. I flew my P-61 at your event, and unfortunately, didn't have the best of days. Two flights, two deadsticks.[:@]
I remember seeing your Spitfire there. Very nice plane and flew well to.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:22 AM
miklos

Brian, will our spotters be allowed to enter as pilots or will they have to park in spectator parking?
Old 07-01-2010, 11:29 AM
bpasternak

ORIGINAL: miklos

Brian, will our spotters be allowed to enter as pilots or will they have to park in spectator parking?
When you complete your registration you will be given a parking pass that is to be placed on the dashboard of your vehicle. This will get you past the Park Rangers. Get a parking pass for each vehicle in your party, including your spotters and helpers.

If you encounter a Park Ranger at the field entrance, and you have not yet completed your registration and obtained a parking pass, just tell the Ranger that you are a pilot and have not yet completed the registration. They should not give you any problem as we've discussed this situation with the Park and they are (should) be aware of the situation. If you are asked to pay the Park entrance fee ($3.00 for Delaware registered vehicles and $6.00 for out of State registered vehicles) then please bring the receipt that you receive up to the registration desk and you will receive a refund of the difference on your pilot registration.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
Brian
Old 07-01-2010, 01:27 PM
G-Pete

ORIGINAL: ram3500-RCU
My brother and I planned on attending the War Birds over Georgia event, but had to cancel. I'm hoping to make this event and meet some of the same folks.
This gives you time to paint that bloody propeller.... Perfect model 2nd place in a static show and now a blunt Vess[:'(]??
Old 07-01-2010, 01:53 PM
miklos

Brian... my spotter will be coming in a separate vehicle. Can he just tell them he's a spotter and get a pass that way?
Old 07-01-2010, 02:20 PM
bpasternak

ORIGINAL: miklos

Brian... my spotter will be coming in a separate vehicle. Can he just tell them he's a spotter and get a pass that way?
The registrating pilot needs to secure parking passes for their spotters. Rangers will not provide parking passes, they only want to see them. The only place to obtain a parking pass is at the registration desk.

Rangers will be out at the entrance on Friday and Saturday. If you are arriving earlier than this, then it probably won't be a problem.

If pilots, helpers, spotters, etc are arriving on Friday or Saturday, just tell the Ranger that you are either a pilot or helper. However, make sure that you proceed to the registration desk immediately to obtain a parking pass. Rangers will be in the parking areas looking for either a pilot parking pass, annual Park sticker, or valid handicap tag/placard. If a vehicle doesn't have one of these items they will be ticketed. Typically, Rangers will have the tag of the vehicle announced over the PA system to allow the owner time to either move the vehicle or get it tagged.

And, you may like to know that we've upgraded our PA system so the announcer may be heard all over the flying field and spectator areas.

I hope this information helps.

Best,
Brian
Old 07-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Tony Gag Jr.
My Feedback: (124)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Carl,
Who from Woodstock is going to WOD?

Later,
Tony Gagliardi Jr.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:10 PM
The Mouth

my father and i will be going down tony. then carl and a couple other guys. im workin hard to get my yellow zero done in time and my dads trying to get his yellow p-47 done as well. so far we are bringing my p-47 my top flite mustang and his pink p-40. hopefully its as fun as it was last year.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:20 AM
Tony Gag Jr.
My Feedback: (124)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very cool. Have fun!!! Wish I could go, definately next year!!
Old 07-02-2010, 09:28 AM
ccostant

Hi Tony,

Too bad your not going this year, it's going to be a great time. Better start planning now for next year.

- Carl

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.