Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Top Flite Focke-Wulf 190-D9

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Top Flite Focke-Wulf 190-D9

Old 04-25-2012, 05:30 PM
grh_70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite Focke-Wulf 190-D9

Damon,

The 1/6 scale IMP FW 190D is an exact 1/6 scale. The TF D9 is 1/6.7 in fuse length (cowl to tail). However in comparing the TF fuse to a set of original Bremen factory drawings, the TF varies in scale all over the place , depending
upon what section you are looking at . For that reason the IMP canopy might be a close fit although it shouldn't be. I have a TF 190 D kit that I would like to sell. However it has a cracked canopy , but good enough to pull a plug from.
I considered trying an IMP canopy, but have decided rather, to make a plug and engage the services of Chad Veich to vacuum form a new canopy from it (btw, the Pica /Platt canopy doesn't work for the TF I done tried that).

So, as a possible option, if Chad has the time to pull a canopy for me he could pull one for you at the same time. I would rather pay him for a canopy that definitely fits the kit than take chance on an unknown alternative.

GeneH
Old 04-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You make the plug Gene and pulling the canopy should not be any problem. Assuming a plug that is ready to go the canopies would probably run about $15-20 each. Be happy to do it.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:55 PM
DamonTX

Gene....I would be up for that. Good thing you wrote when you did, I was just sitting down to order the one from IMP. If you can get Chad to do the canopy, please let me know.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:11 PM
grh_70

That's great Chad. What I would like to propose, is that I go ahead and make the plug, and if I can catch up with you at Chino, Sat. after next,
give it to you or make any corrections as you see fit and mail it to you as a follow up.

Gene
Old 04-25-2012, 06:45 PM
grh_70

Damon,

Yes , I am going to have Chad form my canopy.

Something else you might be interested in. Bigtim http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/post...907&toStyle=tm
has for some time been advertising a TF D9 kit with Fiberglass Specialties gun hood and open cowl. He is currently offering the kit without the
FG Specialties cowl and gun hood. You might want to make him an offer on these items and possibly save a few bucks.

Gene
Old 04-25-2012, 10:43 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that would be me its been in the add circuit for awhile now
Old 04-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: grh_70

That's great Chad. What I would like to propose, is that I go ahead and make the plug, and if I can catch up with you at Chino, Sat. after next,
give it to you or make any corrections as you see fit and mail it to you as a follow up.

Gene
Sounds like a plan to me Gene. You still have my cell phone number? Just give me a call on Saturday and we can meet up at the show.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:26 AM
DamonTX

Chad... Please let me know if or when you can make a second canopy and send me a PM. Let me know the cost and I'll get the funds right over to you either by PayPal or mail.

Thanks,
Damon