Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Without trying to cause a problem...Any news on Ironbay/Byron stuff lately?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Without trying to cause a problem...Any news on Ironbay/Byron stuff lately?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 07:49 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Without trying to cause a problem...Any news on Ironbay/Byron stuff lately?

just wondered if anything is being made, sold or possibly the whole company is for sale?

Was talking the other day to my friend..He was over at Byrons the day they were ditching molds for planes they never mass produced. He said the molds for their GIANT b-29, and I believe the B17, and B25's were out by the dumpster..Also the molds for a SR71, A prototype that another friend of mine flew...I guess they decided that they would not be safe to let others use the molds for production..

Back then nobody would have ever believed so many people would be building that large now...Such a shame..
Old 05-07-2010, 08:50 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Without trying to cause a problem...Any news on Ironbay/Byron stuff lately?

Somebody needs to rescue them, at least the B-25 and SR-71. The other two are just too big. I saw the SR-71s fly in 1985 at their show. Not bad for two Rossi 81s. Todays turbines or EDFs would make it much better.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:38 AM
darren763
My Feedback: (117)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Without trying to cause a problem...Any news on Ironbay/Byron stuff lately?

Too sad I am sure someone would make them work. I thought all was at Ironbay. I'd go and get them if I could.

Darren
Old 05-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Jetjockgb
My Feedback: (4)

Hi Foodstick,

If I was in the US I would be on my way right now to pick UP!!!!!!!!! can't believe they would do such a thing, I know there would be tons of work to get them up to scratch, but worth it so much!!!!!!!!!!,keep me posted and tell your buddy to pick up please!!!!!!!!!! the thought of them going to the crusher brings a tear to my eye.
Better still have you a contact number??

Regards Graham B
Old 05-07-2010, 11:20 AM
GAP-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: foodstick

Was talking the other day to my friend..He was over at Byrons the day they were ditching molds for planes they never mass produced. He said the molds for their GIANT b-29, and I believe the B17, and B25's were out by the dumpster..Also the molds for a SR71, A prototype that another friend of mine flew...I guess they decided that they would not be safe to let others use the molds for production..

Back then nobody would have ever believed so many people would be building that large now...Such a shame..
Guys, see the bold comment above... I believe foodstick is referring to a particular day that was many years ago.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

I believe foodstick is referring to a particular day that was many years ago.
Yes, that description appeared in a post many months ago, a year or two after Iron Bay showed up on the web. The story was, the buyers loaded everything they had room for, everything else went to the dumpster.

Dave Olson
Old 05-07-2010, 07:18 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, sorry if I confused you on the timeline..the large molds went away many years ago.