Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Marutaka / Royal Rufe plans

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Marutaka / Royal Rufe plans

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: Marutaka / Royal Rufe plans

ORIGINAL: chistech

When modifying a standard Zero into a Rufe one has to realize that the wingspan is slightly larger and so is the vertical fin and rudder. I believe on the Royal plans it shows about a 2''-4'' increase in span and about a 1/2'' all around on the fin and rudder. I will try and get a closer look at my buddy's plans next time I'm at his house. On the cost of copying the plans the local print shops charge from $7.50 to $10.00 per sheet.

I believe you will find that the Rufe shared the same wing as the A6M2 version of the Zero which has a longer span than the A6M3 and A6M5. The old Top Flite red box kit for the Zero was an A6M2 and would be a very good candidate for conversion without having to worry about extending the span.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:49 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: Marutaka / Royal Rufe plans

beat you this time

The convertion plans I have I think was drawn for the red box Zero,, for the life of me I can't find any referance to those plans online
Old 08-02-2020, 08:45 AM
frankolin42
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal Marutaka Rufe

I found it wasn't such a hellish nightmare after all. I kept my P-38 too. I simply found the plans for the Rufe and built it from plywood and Balsa I bought at the Toledo trade show. It's for sale too $600 if you live in Central Ohio.