Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Royal spitfire plan build

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Royal spitfire plan build

Old 07-19-2010, 07:11 PM
sir crashallot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal spitfire plan build

Ok guys a while back i was lucky enough to recieve some digital plans of the royal spitfire. however the image quality when printed to actual size is not all that great so it will make things alittle on the hard side to build from but seen as it is a spit i will not let this put me off. at the minute im waiting for the plans to print off and for everyones info il be starting with the wing.

i dont know the full specs of the actual royal spit but iv printed the plan off to give me an oveerall wingspan of 64 inchs. have any of you lot built one of these before if so any tips advice would be great as the step by step is unreadable on the plan. also if you have any build pics or finished pics then please do post them in here. more info and pics to come. wish me luck

Old 07-19-2010, 07:55 PM
P-40 DRIVER

Default RE: Royal spitfire plan build

Why not just spend $20 and get a real set of plans off of Ebay with directions and templates. There was a guy emailing people royal plans for free on RCU but they were useless for building.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:30 PM
spaceworm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It may not work in your case, but I have pasted a small size plan into a CAD drawing, and then enlarged it from the CAD image to the size I needed. The CAD program kept the line quality and they did not go pixelated. Just an idea. Good luck.

Richard
Old 07-19-2010, 09:26 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I may be incorrect but I believe that's what your supposed to do with those files, I am assuming you got them from, I fly any and all, if you use a cad program then they print out well enough.
did you pick up a canopy from u.s.wing off ebay?
Old 07-20-2010, 04:08 AM
sir crashallot

wow lots of questions already. well iv just woke up so excuse any spelling. yes the plans came froma chap on here, iv nothad chance to search for the canopy but that will be my main task alittle later today when iv done a few jobs. il put the files into auto cad or edrawings which and il see what they come up like. yes i noticed they where pretty bad to read duea to a poor scan. i couldnt find anything last night regarding the plan set and template set on ebay however that was under the uk search so il do a more thorough search under the us ebay. will check back in later when iv done this job quote. thanks for your input guys its much appreciated
Old 07-20-2010, 04:55 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I'd build brian taylors spit. His is very nice and very scale. You can beat yourself up fiddling with drawings only to end up frustrated and no model.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:13 PM
I-fly-any-and-all
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just came upon this thread. for readable plans go here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Royal-Spitfire-M...item53e3bd56ef

canopy is here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Royal-Supermarin...item1e5e5f7de9

entire kit here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Marutaka-Royal-S...item255dabfaa0