Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Resurgence of Lado Retract Systems

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Resurgence of Lado Retract Systems

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Magnum RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resurgence of Lado Retract Systems

E-Retract of France the new owners of Lado designs has commissioned Magnum RC here in the United States to be the new sales distribution, and repair center for Lado retract systems. They are back in stock and improved in design. If you are a Warbird nut needing security in simple designed methods of getting your gear up and gear down, Check it out at www.magnumrc.com. You will be glad you did.

Also, if you have an ESM aircraft, you might check out the unique ability to have your landing gear retrofitted with the RS666 Actuator. You can then enjoy scale operational electric retracts in your favorite Warbird and have a better piece of mind, they will be down and locked when you touch down... I hate belly landings and I am sure you do too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52129.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	1472437   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bh94925.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1472439   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey70983.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	1472440   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zk69813.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	307.6 KB
ID:	1472441  
Attached Images  
Old 07-23-2010, 08:39 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Resurgence of Lado Retract Systems

I just ordered a set of the 85 degree wide for my Top Flite P-47 ARF!

There was one set left after I ordered...whew...just in the nick of time.

I'm glad you started a new thread for the new products and company, maybe we will even get some of the froggy humor here from Christophe .

Quick question(s), will the actuators work on Robart 605HD and 606HD gear? If not, are there any plans to make one that will, so I can retrofit them?
Old 07-23-2010, 08:45 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

there's a resurgence of advertisement in the forums also. which against the RCU rules. what would this place look like if every forum looked like ebay?
Old 07-23-2010, 09:45 PM
Magnum RC

Just announcement of the new resources for you the modeler. What would the forums look like if no one posted anything of value???
Old 07-24-2010, 12:00 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really dont have a problem with suppliers posting at all , its the only reason why I still read the mags , the rest of the stuff in the mags is typically garbage .
I get a constant list of new technology , suppliers and tips
Old 07-24-2010, 07:08 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Rules of Posting FAQ spells it out for businesses and advertisers:
RCU BANNER ADVERTISERS

Allowed is one new thread per week to post new R/C related product announcements, specials, promotions, news and/or stock status. Not allowed are graphical ads in the thread.

Replies to existing threads may include whatever information is being requested, save for graphical ads.

Advertisers may not repeat same or substantially similar announcement a second time.

Shilling for a company will result in immediate membership revocation. All member fees paid to RCU will not be refunded.

ALL OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES

Non-RCU advertisers may submit one new special R/C related announcement or news thread during any 30 day rolling period. Announcements include only product information or news. No ads, promotions, specials, stock status or the like will be allowed.

Commercial announcements must be made in one forum only and the forum must be applicable to the topic of the commercial announcement thread

Members may reply to these threads and vendors may follow up with answers, support or additional information.

"Build Threads" are permitted

No "sale" ads or graphical ads allowed. This is for dissemination of product announcement, specials, market research or pertinent news strictly.

No bumping is allowed. Companies should use common sense discretion when adding information so they don't aggravate their customers

Full disclosure of company affiliation is required for these posts.

Companies may answer within ongoing threads whether providing direct answers to questions about their products & support or adding pertinent product information such as specs, photos or videos for example.

Companies will refrain from posting in threads of their competitors where the subject contains another companies name or product in it.

RC Universe proven banner ads are in place for those who desire additional exposure, branding, marketing and promotion. Please seek out the advertising information RCU has available to promote your products by clicking the advertise link atop every page here on the website.

We do encourage all RCU members to let the advertisers who support RC Universe know that you "heard about them on RC Universe". Most companies track how customers find them and letting them know this is crucial so we can continue to provide all RC Universe members the best possible service.

USERNAMES & DISCLOSURE:
Only one username or account is necessary at RCU, all others will be removed. If you create a second username to act as a shill or in attempt to bypass a management ban, you will be at risk of permanent removal from RCU. A shill is defined by but not limited to the act of promoting products for vendors, products or the like, and the act of hiding behind anonymity to abuse normal membership policies and etiquette.

If you are a manufacturer, vendor, sponsored representative, retailer or the like for an r/c related company or product you must specifically identify yourself and the particular affiliation in your signature. Any member affiliated with a company not identifying themselves as such is at risk of revocation from RCU. This is identified, but not limited to a member who gains anything financially whether in cash, product, discount or the like.

Web addresses may not be used as usernames.

Read more: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_37...#ixzz0ubJTGv70
Old 07-24-2010, 07:16 AM
da Rock

There are a lot of words there, but it's a sensitive situation.

So far, only one detail seems to be amiss and was actually just about to be addressed directly to the individuals (not everything needs to be discussed in the public forums), and those are the "Usernames & Disclosure" rules. If you'll read through the others, you can see that so far the new LADO management has been within the number, type, and frequency parameters. They should however disclose their association within their signatures.

The truth is that this thread, or a new "LADO support" one, would be an excellent idea for them and RCU. The other two LADO threads only divert attention to the past and have served their purpose.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:22 AM
tod0001

Most of us warbird guys have been watching the development of "Lados" for quite some time.
An announcement of this type is most welcome.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:06 AM
skillet92

Being that I find out about most of the new things that are coming out on here. How would we know if they did not announce when something new was out that they are selling?
Old 07-24-2010, 03:01 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

I ordered my actuators/ESM retrofit kit, for my ESM FW190 gear after noticing this new thread, and several emails to Gus.

the others were more of a bash Doug (old owner) thread anyway I am looking forward to getting these and doing a review on how easy or hard doing the conversion is.

Gus is offering a retro fit installation service for 50$ which seems pretty reasonable, but I am more of a do it myself guy, this is the big step to getting my ARF finished so I am looking forward to getting the units and installing them into my stock ESM gear.

having just had knee surgery I am seriously hampered in activity right now so this is a project I can sink my teeth into without having to be on my feet.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: da Rock

So far, only one detail seems to be amiss and was actually just about to be addressed directly to the individuals (not everything needs to be discussed in the public forums), and those are the "Usernames & Disclosure" rules.
I'm not sure what you mean about the "Usernames & Disclosure" rules but I assume that you mean the username cannot be a URL (MAGNUMRC.COM). The ".COM" could be dropped and it would be a legitimate username.

Another issue is that non-sponsor commericial members can only make one announcement in a 30 day period. This announcement has been made in three (3) forums on the same day. Two (2) of them should be removed to be within the community policies.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:52 PM
bigtim

since when did all these guys become the PC ad hoc monitors there was a response from a actual monitor addressing the thread starter which was Gus from magnumrc.

there was hardly a mention when down and locked posted in like 8 threads advertising there services 3 of there own and the 2 other lado threads and then another which was started by the owner, just about every electric retract thread got a posting advertising there products, go clog Mitch's (promo1) thread with useless posts about how he should refrain from posting relevant information on his products.

this is a actual new beginning, and the add police are jumping into the boat like a bunch of Asian carp.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:59 PM
da Rock

The minor rules problems are in the process of being cleared up.

Let's get this thread back on topic.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:18 PM
LDM

I was considering getting my ESM Corsair retracts retrofotted with a new e-system the problem is I feel like I will be spending another $200 on retracts that were not worth the initial $200 [:@].
Si I might as well simply upgrade to Sierra
Old 07-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Magnum RC

Sorry about that LDM, the retrofits won't work in the rotators anyway. The actuator required isn't out yet. You are headin down the right path though, Sierra Giants are the best in the business.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:42 PM
LDM

Thanks I appreciate the feedback . I have been an air retract guys for a long time , CJ and Sierra for the most part and been happy .
I will be trying the eletrics retracts in my next project . I just experimented on my airfield 55" span P40 with the small rotators from PWRC . They work great for the smaller planes ect .
One question for Magnum . With the smaller gear you plug them in and have to be useing a computer radio to get the gear set in the proper range of motion .
This has never been menthioned with lado tech , do they simply work on a retract switch or do they need to be set as well with the computer radio until the settings are correct ?
Old 07-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Magnum RC

No LDM, you don't... There isn't any adjustments or anything you have to be concerned with. Unlike a lot of electrics that are coming out now, Lado's have no limit switches to fail or anything. The secret is all in the PCB board design. All you do for a pair of units, is to Y harnes them into the gear slot of your receiver and go. They are truly plug and play. The unit senses when it needs to shut off. Let's say, you get a hangup.. On the other retract designs I am aware of, if that micro switch isn't engaged the unit may drain your on board battery. The Lado system will recognize a problem and shut itself off. You then just cycle the switch and it comes back to life..
Old 07-25-2010, 04:11 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Would it be possible to repost the website link to the French manufacturer please?

The other thread was shut down and I didn't have time to copy it.

Thanks
V.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:57 AM
LDM

Thanks MC , that makes them even more attarctive !!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:03 AM
da Rock

ORIGINAL: vasek

Would it be possible to repost the website link to the French manufacturer please?

The other thread was shut down and I didn't have time to copy it.

Thanks
V.

You get the manufacturer by using the old LADO website http://www.lado-tech.net/ At least that is where I ordered from a week or so ago and those newly mfg'd LADOs were shipped from France (and got here in less than a week).
Old 07-25-2010, 10:58 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks dR,

I have one more question for MC;

I don't see the retrofit Kit for ESM gear RS666K on the manufacturer page, just the RS666 actuator or a Robart 630 retrofit kit. Would I be missing the right T-bars for the ESM gear?
Old 07-25-2010, 01:04 PM
bigtim

vasek if you go to the www.magnumrc.com site the ESM conversion kit is listed there, the kit is really just a motor unit that fits the ESM gear and a threaded T bar for the gear.

you could tap the T bar for the ESM gear your self, if you had a tap set, and just get the actuators for 105ea.

I just paid the extra few bucks and got the T's instead of messing with the tapping.

I had a email exchange with Gus at magnum and he was having some trouble getting the T bars but has obviously fixed that.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:04 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

I think my question got lost in the melee, here it is again;

Quick question(s), will the actuators work on Robart 605HD and 606HD gear? If not, are there any plans to make one that will, so I can retrofit them?
Old 07-25-2010, 02:34 PM
curtusua-RCU
My Feedback: (91)

Guys...

Anyone have any idea which system I would need for the new TF P-40? I remember that the Lado's had a "wide" set for Top Flite models and the "narrow" sets for the Hangar 9 ARFs. I can't remember for sure but I don't recall a rotating set for the TF models being available at all (since none of their ARFs used rotating gear). I really would rather not try and retro-fit an air set (Robart) if I can just buy the electric retracts to start (since it is a .60 size ARF).

It would be useful if Magnum RC could include a "gear finder" app like the original Lado's... just a suggestion!

Thanks...

Curt
Old 07-25-2010, 06:07 PM
bigtim

Curt you want the top mount set for the Top Flight P-40 http://magnumrc.com/index.php?main_p...roducts_id=134 I might get a set for my TF P-40 refurb project, I have a set of gear from Century Jet but I prefer electrics

the hangar-9 rotating gear type planes, use the bottom mount type

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.