Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

H9 T-34 Engine/Prop?

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

H9 T-34 Engine/Prop?

Old 07-26-2010, 07:33 PM
sneakywrist
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 T-34 Engine/Prop?

Hi all, been sitting on this ARF for a little while and wanted to know if:

1) An OS 55 fit
2) Are there any muffler clearance issues
3) What 3 blade prop should I use with this engine

Additionally, if anyone has any tips about this plane it would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:40 PM
thedeeman

Default RE: H9 T-34 Engine/Prop?

I own one. Great little plane. I couldn't get an os55 in there. Required alot of surgery on the front end. I put an OS46 AX and it was more than enough motor for it. Went with the standard OS46 prop which is an 11x6 or 11x7. As for three blade, with that motor, you'll still need something in the 11 range. Maybe a 3 bladed 11x7 or 11x6. No bad flying tendencies at all. Pretty much flies like a low wing trainer.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:41 PM
sneakywrist
My Feedback: (19)

Ok we need to talk.....I have a bad ***** OS 46ax that I refuse to sell and I could use that in the airframe, but I thought it wouldnt be enough for this airframe (just wasnt sure). Did you use the stock muffler, what servos and did you use, retracts or fixed. Sorry to ask so many questions but I would like to use parts I already have in hand if possible. I have about 4 Futaba 3003 and 4 3004's, will that work
Old 08-25-2010, 01:49 PM
georgewaldrop
My Feedback: (28)

Do any of you folks have or know anyone who has an unbuilt one of these? I inherited a crashed one...only real damage is the firewall and second former were knocked out and lost...The fuse is good beyond that excepting the cockpit area which will be an easy rebuild. I can get the basic shape of the firewall from the cowl, but I need the size and location of all the holes in the firewall and the former(s) just in front of the wing. All that was ripped out, but the fuse sides are pretty much undamaged.

If someone has a fuse they haven't assembled (or assembled but don't have the gear/engine/mount on it, so you could take a good close-up pic and give me the measurements) and could get me a good shot of the former(s) in front of the wing and the firewall, and measure the size of the formers, size and location of any holes pre-existing in them and the length of the beams where the gear is mounted I would really appreciate it. I would like to rebuild this plane and this information would make it lots easier...I could do it without it, but I would be bald before I was done from all the "figuring"!

Thanks in advance for any help that might be provided!

Have a Blessed Day!
George