RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   LIMEYS CUSTOM RC BUILDING SERVICE. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/10100509-limeys-custom-rc-building-service.html)

Limey 10-28-2010 03:28 PM

LIMEYS CUSTOM RC BUILDING SERVICE.

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to old Friends and new modelers.
Its Limey I'm now back in business after re locating back to the UK.
I am now located just outside Liverpool England my home town. I offer all aspects of building services from building a trainer plane, ARF, Radio instalation or a plane for Top Gun Or British masters.
Also building tips and advice.
Please look at my profile for pictures of projects i have done.
I am currently working on my own project a Top flight P 47 Razor back this is a great kit, i will be using Robart retracts, hitec 645 metal gear servos and a Zenoha G62 for power.
Not sure what scheme I'm going to do yet but am open to some suggestions. Maybe in an RAF scheme.
I have started with the construction of the wings, the tail surfaces including elevators and rudder, and half the fuselage jigged to the table my next stage will be sheeting all and removing from the table to continue to the next step.

Limeys custom RC building services.
Top gun Quality Planes.
www.RCModelairplanBuilding.co.uk

Buckmeister 10-28-2010 04:35 PM

RE: LIMEYS CUSTOM RC BUILDING SERVICE.

Hey Limey
It's great to see you settled and ready to start building on your side of the pond.
We sure miss you back here at Dentman's where you built and scaled all sorts of planes from war bird to aerobatic.
{For anyone reading: Dentman’s does great repairs on cars if you are in South East Florida, Limey built the planes.}.

Doug brought back, from a horrible plastic bag landing "Miss Behaving", that won several; years ago at Top Gun.
When he started to do the glass he remarked, "This is where Limey was really great. Many can build, but few can finish to bring out the realism that ‘Limey’ (That's you) could do to a plane."

We are also finishing some other planes that could really use your touch. (Did I mention my Giant Corsair is still a box of Balsa and plywood?)
In any event, It's our loss and Europe's gain that you moved back to take care of your Mom.

The People in Europe will have access to a great Scale builder, and we will miss you here.

Best of Luck!
Buckmeister

luckyb 10-28-2010 05:36 PM

Hey Paulie, when you get the Meister and a Mossie or two in there it's going to get crowded. We've got Frannies plane just about ready. Like Tommy said, we miss your glassing abilities. Maybe you can cross the pond in the Lear and give us a hand. Good luck, Doug.

luckyb 10-28-2010 05:39 PM

By the way, hope you have a good heater. You can't just put them out in the sun like S. Fla............Ha Ha Ha

ZERO-322 10-28-2010 06:21 PM

Limey I would be interested in some of your talents for a project I'm working on, I need a cowl and a scale exhaust perhaps you could shoot me an e-mail and I'll happily go into detail

Mike

Limey 10-29-2010 12:53 AM

Thank you Tom for your kind words, it has been a big change for me re locating and am happy to say my Mum is so happy i am here to help out i believe this was my best move. It is great to be back in planes and am hoping to generate some great models for future clients.
Thanks Tom.
Limey.

Limey 10-29-2010 01:17 AM

Hi Doug and the lads.
Yes the new shop looks smaller it is quite adequate, 20 ft long by 11 ft wide i Will have a problem with a 17 ft Lancaster lol, this is a temporary shop for now. I do miss the great shop you provided for me and must thank you so much for your generosity and hospitality i received while building aircraft their, i did enjoy placing glassed planes outside for faster drying times i will need a big heater here lol.
Looking forward to some great new projects will keep posting them for all to follow.
Miss you guys Doug.
Limey.

ram3500-RCU 10-29-2010 02:58 AM

Hello Limey. Glad all is well with you and yours. I had hoped to be able to meet you at Monster Planes this year and get your autograph. :D Maybe another time. Looking forward to watching your projects come along.

Gary

Limey 10-29-2010 03:12 AM

Hey Gary.
I am so sad i missed meeting you too and seeing that beautiful p 47 you created. Imust say a very impressive job looking at the pictures, i worked with aero foil some yrs back and you did an outstanding job.
I will be at Top Gun 2011 so hope to meet you their. keep me posted on your new projects i enjoyed following your last one.
Cheers,
Limey.

Limey 10-29-2010 06:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some more pics of the new shop

lovetoflyguy 10-29-2010 11:36 PM

Limey you crazy wanker!

I really miss you man! It sucks that you are there, but it was for the best. I'm glad you were able to help out over there. I can't wait to see you when I come to the island! You will have to show me how to party British style! As you know, I have a Kilt!!

Love you man!!

OZYRAY 10-30-2010 04:25 PM

Dont worry guy`s!!!!![>:] He is in safe hands with us lot!!!!We got loads of stuff for him to build. LOL:D OZYRAY

Limey 10-31-2010 10:21 AM

Hey PJ
Miss you too Buddy cant wait till you get here will be a blast especially picture of you flying my plane in a Field full of cows with a kilt on lol.
Glad all is well with you love the beach pictures cheers i miss the beach.
Limey

rchobbydood 10-31-2010 02:55 PM

Limey,

Its Steve from Bobs Hobby Center - Orlando

Sorry I missed you before you left the states. Glad to see that you have settled in and have started building already.

Just come back from the Cocoa airshow - weather was perfect and seas were calm

Keep in touch

Steve Thomas

Limey 11-01-2010 01:58 AM

Hey Steve

Great to here from you hope all is well with you and yours, how is the shop going busy i hope? i will be contacting you guys for some stuff soon. Do you know of a good shipping company i can use from here to the USA i have a few orders that have come in and I'm trying to put invoices together and include shipping costs.
Cheers Steve will be in contact soon.
Limey.

luckyb 11-01-2010 01:03 PM

OZYRAY..........He can build anything. He even built my Don Smith B-24. Just don't offer to pay him in beer. It will cost you a fortune. lol...........Doug

Limey 11-02-2010 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got a few hrs in today. Got the stabilizer, fin, rudder, and elevators sheeted and shaped now applying leading edge on all control surfaces to round off and fit between the overlapped sheeting on the stab and fin.

luckyb 11-02-2010 04:57 PM

Went to the AMPS field Sat. Had a great time. The 17 definitely looks better in silver. Won Best Military. Put 2 pounds in the nose ( not money, lead) and took out all the porpoising and most of the down trim. Hey, nobody's perfect. Miss ya. Oh well, time to go to the beach. Maybe I'll see P.J. in his kilt. See ya........Doug

Buckmeister 11-02-2010 07:54 PM

I don't see balsa or plywood dust all over everything. You must be hand sanding.
Old school school building? :)

I may have to dig out my box of wood and shake some glue on the stuff that looks like an airplane.

Buckmeister

Limey 11-03-2010 02:56 AM

Hey Guys.
Yeh your funny the beach i have a beach just down the road but you need a thermal dry suit to go on it lol, great news about the 17 new she was tail heavy bet she flies much better i love the silver.
Cheers for sending that humongous crate can you now please ship my Meister boxes to me i need tools inside IE sanding tools Hand sanding Fxxxing SUUUCKS!!!!!!! you spoiled me Doug.
Tommy Go for it i will help you post a thread on you build a little glue goes a long way.
Also Doug i need a tube of Icing Pleeeeease!.
Cheers Mates.
Limey.

Limey 11-03-2010 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK Today i finished sanding the leading edges on the control surfaces and hinged them they are now ready for glass along with the stab and vertical fin.
This is a very good tip i have used for many years with great success when you hinge with Robart hinges it is better to use the smaller hinges first for fitting you can still line upthe surfaces. This will stop you from having a bigger hole when its time to permanently glue them together, after trial fitting with the smaller ones and you are glassed and ready re drill with an 1/8 bit and insert the larger ones. The hinges are designed to only slide in once not in and out a few times i have seen many a plane lost from this, also scuff them prior to gluing to help the epoxy stick better.
Also today i sheeted the fuselage and started adding the 1/8 th plywood sheer weebs in the landing bay area followed by spruce try stock for reinforcement.

Limey.

luckyb 11-03-2010 02:55 PM

Paulie...... are you sure you want to ship those boxes like that? Everyone suggests we ought to build at least light crates[thin luan} for that plane or these guys are going to turn it into dust particles before it gets to you. I have the icing already, and I'm checking on shipping prices. I will be in touch. Doug

Missbehave 11-04-2010 10:35 AM

Ello,

I was just sitting down to eat some Spam and Eggs and thought it was time to to see what was going on with you. I guess everyone has been in touch with you one way or another but me so here you go.
Miss Behave will fly on Sat. We painted last night, all I have to do is the Invasion stripes tonight and the nomenclature on the fuse. The wing is 100% complete. Talk about last minute. Fri. night I expect to do nothing but look at it and have a beer!!!
Doug really came through in re-boneing it. It is straight as an arrow and without a Car-Fax report you would never know it was in such an awful accident. Wait a minute, Oh ya, that's right, You were flying it at the time!!!!!! (for anyone that don't know, it was not his fault. I had an old Dynathrust prop on it and it broke off at the hub and ate the plane clear back to the cockpit).
Anyway, I'm glad to have it back in in the mix again. Maybe you can fly it for Top Gun if you come without one like we discussed.

Glad to see your 47 comming along. You probably boned it in less time it took us to repair mine!!!!
Let us know what scheme you do. A Brittish one would be nice.
Well bud, keep in touch. I don't have to tell you how much I miss ya, but I will.

Take Care,

Fran

Limey 11-04-2010 11:23 AM

Spam!!!I don't like Spam!!!!.
Hey Fran glad to here she is alive again i could not believe a plane that was in two bin bags could be re built but Dr Frankenstein AKA Dougsure put this myth to bed.
Hope all goes well Saturday you have earned that beer great stuff.
I would be honerd to fly it in Top Gun next year i will be back for the event and will enter it in Pro Am if you would like, this willbe new for me as normally ifly in expert but with all thats been going on will not complete a project in time to enter that class.
Thanks again for the offer mate will talk soon miss you too buddy.
Limey.

Limey 11-04-2010 11:30 AM

Just added some 1/8 ply sheer Web's to the spar area around the landing gear, ply sheer weds run fromrib 1 through rib 7 bothsidesfollowed by half inch and quarter inch try stock this will all be epoxied with30 minute resin to give incredible strength around the gear area next i will be sheeting the top of the wings. Man i need air tools!!!!!!
Just looked out the window it israining and dark out at 4.15 in the afternoon this sucks.
Limey.