RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   Hangar 9 60cc Corsair (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/11506119-hangar-9-60cc-corsair.html)

RiverLarry 05-12-2013 03:56 AM

RE: Hangar 9 60cc Corsair

+ 1 Sky Pilot 101 !!!!! (It is what it is ) The price would not hurt so bad if your LHS could stock one so a person could take a close look at it !!! after I see something up close and it looks worth the cost I would Buy it My .02 To bad H H did not have one at the Ohio show R/L

skillet92 05-12-2013 04:55 AM

Well after looking at the other models in this range, mainly the ESM corsair and the TF corsair I take back what I said about the weight. While heavier than the TF it is on par with the ESM. And all reports so far on that one are it flys and lands very well. And this one has alot more detail. The price does not bother me I spend more on some of my guns and this is a hobby. Demand will be the final derterminer of price. If it does well they priced it right, if it does not they priced it to high. Plus the engine, retracts, radio gear, and extras will almost double planes price. And I keep mine for a long time. Will be riding the bike up to joe nall on Friday so I hope to see it in person.

DCORSAIR 05-12-2013 05:27 AM

Anyone know when they will be available?

David Eichstedt 05-12-2013 05:40 AM

We're expecting July.

Maxam 05-12-2013 07:50 AM

I have the Black Horse 91" corsair with the older 70 cc version of the 7-77. It was $950.00 and came with unusable retracts. It has over 60 flights on it and only weighs 21 pounds!!! (ridiculously light) It is no longer being made so I am thrilled this one is out. The flaps look much better than my model as well as everything else. If this flies like mine people are going to go bananas with this plane. What prop is being used? How much will the retracts be?

oriole 05-12-2013 09:30 AM

ORIGINAL: David Eichstedt

We're expecting July.
Will this qualify under the current Hangar 9 10% off special which runs through July 31st?

Oriole

David Eichstedt 05-12-2013 11:14 AM

ORIGINAL: oriole

ORIGINAL: David Eichstedt

We're expecting July.
Will this qualify under the current Hangar 9 10% off special which runs through July 31st?

Oriole
I don't know. I would guess not, but you never know.

Shaun Evans 05-12-2013 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: vatechguy3

$1k is a little steep.
and 28-32 lbs seems heavy for 85'' wing.

would like to see how these compare to the ESM 50CC version.

tony

Hi,

In my limited experience, there's never really much of a comparison between any H-9 product and the ESM equivalent...

smaze17 05-12-2013 03:55 PM

John,

Please, PLEASE do a build video series for this plane!!!

With some scale techniques too of course ;)

S

John Redman 05-12-2013 04:59 PM

Hey Spence,

Would love to but I just don't think it is going to happen. It would be cool I agree.

Kelly Rohrbach 05-12-2013 07:54 PM

Being a Corsair nut and having owned a couple plus living just 5 miles from a full scale version and about 40 miles from a second one, I have crawled around them enough to say the the Hanger 9 version looks darn good. Compared to the TF there is no contest, TF's version fly's fine but from a scale stand point it is way off, and they admit that so no harm no foul. Most of the kits cheat on stretching the fuse out to long and the side profile is lost. There is a small hump right behind the cockpit down the spine that is very subtle but there and if its not on the model it just does not look right. The Gull looks good, it may not be perfect scale but if the outline looks good that is what counts. Look forward to owning on down the road.

DrScoles 05-12-2013 08:49 PM

Just glancing at these pics makes you wonder how TF came up with such a rough job... This looks ten times more scale than the TF. I Ned to make some room in the garage....

Is this the right size for a moki 150? That evolution looks sharp, but isn't it glow???

Chris Nicastro 05-12-2013 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: SkyPilot101

I wish people would stop winning about price, it just distracts from this bad ***** plane. Could you reproduce it for less, eh?
I complimented the plane and achievement, I know first hand how difficult it is to produce an RC product. Could I produce the same plane cheaper? Yes, like I said Ive visited and worked with the factories, etc. its totally possible. Its a pain in the @$$ but doable.

Besides, why not have a better composite product for the same price?

Chris Nicastro 05-12-2013 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: DrScoles

Just glancing at these pics makes you wonder how TF came up with such a rough job... This looks ten times more scale than the TF. I Ned to make some room in the garage....

Is this the right size for a moki 150? That evolution looks sharp, but isn't it glow???

Lol, its called being complacent and resting on your laurels. Take an old kit and put it into production, bingo. Cool at first but then it was left as is. At least their FW 190 effort is new and fresh and looks the part.

The Evo is glow and from the looks of thngs the cowl is just big enough for those engines in the sub 10in diameter/width.

kochj 05-13-2013 04:18 AM

There is a post on a mother forum fg that goes into so of the same
Thoughts. If you want a gas radial place the saito 3cyl gas 85 cc that will be out in July?
The moki 150 is too big. You may be able to fit the roto85cc in
This cowl??? Not sure on that.

What does this plane have for controll on the ELEVATORS???
Internal?
There isn't anything on the h9 we page....

The dif between this and others in the 50 cc class is not all that much.
I will not be any bit of neg towards anyone that brings out nice planes.

Top flite could had done some amazing things with there series... As why go with same thing that has
Been out in a kit form for years and with little changes.
H9 looks like a good choice but if there is 10 lbs more on this plane compared to the TF corsair, the 7 cup radial may be JUST enough
Poop for most, and not enough for others.
I don't know about the saito 325 though. That is down quite a bit compared to the 777.

BarracudaHockey 05-13-2013 04:20 AM

They did the same thing with the Albatros, its got a great scale outline but needs a bunch of weight in the nose. Thats ok with me, I love it and it flys just fine with the extra weight.

I'm sure this will be the same.

I can't wait to see Mike's at Nall.

Pete Bergstrom 05-13-2013 06:22 AM

ORIGINAL: warbirdfan2

John or Dave.... Would the Saito FG84 be a good fit for this for someone who wants to go with gas?
Unfortunately the cowl on this Corsair is just a tad too small for the Saito FG-84.

Pete

John Redman 05-13-2013 07:13 AM

Elevator and rudder control is internal as is the flap system. The only external control horns are on the ailerons.

Maxam 05-13-2013 07:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My older 7-70 flies my corsair with authority! I am at 1/2 throttle most of the time. I am using a xoar 22x10 warbird series 3 blade. These evo radials are actually cheap to run due to diluting the fuel with ethanol.

oriole 05-13-2013 08:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Chris Nicastro

ORIGINAL: DrScoles

Lol, its called being complacent and resting on your laurels. Take an old kit and put it into production, bingo. Cool at first but then it was left as is. At least their FW 190 effort is new and fresh and looks the part.

The Evo is glow and from the looks of thngs the cowl is just big enough for those engines in the sub 10in diameter/width.

I don't fault Top Flite. They put out a good flying plane at a 50% less listed price ($729 vs. H9's $1100 "$1000+ Wheels & Truturn Hub"). As someone mentioned Top Flight admits it is a stand off scale product, and if the modeler so desires can easily modify/detail further to his satisfaction.

Variety and competition is always good :).

Oriole

kochj 05-13-2013 10:12 AM

ORIGINAL: John Redman

Elevator and rudder control is internal as is the flap system. The only external control horns are on the ailerons.

Thank you John!....

I am guessing we will see how it is hooked up when a manual it in place and posted....

The rudder looks like it is a wire placed into a steering arm? The rudder has a long wire sticking from the bottom on "parts"
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...N4760#t4-PARTS

warbirdfan2 05-13-2013 11:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Pete Bergstrom

ORIGINAL: warbirdfan2

John or Dave.... Would the Saito FG84 be a good fit for this for someone who wants to go with gas?
Unfortunately the cowl on this Corsair is just a tad too small for the Saito FG-84.

Pete

Darn.... I'm thinking I would like to try that engine, and was hoping it would fit in this Corsair.

DrScoles 05-13-2013 12:52 PM

will a da-50/dle-55 fit without too much hanging out the bottom?

vatechguy3 05-13-2013 05:41 PM

need more gas options!

too bad the radial isn't gas!

tony

smaze17 05-13-2013 06:14 PM

ORIGINAL: John Redman

Hey Spence,

Would love to but I just don't think it is going to happen. It would be cool I agree.
Hey thanks for the response John! I think I must have the Corsair ;)

Looks absolutely stunning.....

S