RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   FW-190 D9 1/5 by fokkerc.com (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/11571397-fw-190-d9-1-5-fokkerc-com.html)

proteus_X3 02-24-2015 05:25 PM

Dowmer,
My personnel experience with HK has not been a pleasant one,so I'm not too keen on them that's just me mind you.I know it's hit or miss with their engines and I'm just not willing to take a chance on getting a bad one.I've read the HK engines have had rear bearing problems. On the other hand Octopusrc has good reviews and no reported rear bearing problems,you can get an upgraded set of mufflers that don't leak for $9.69,a upgraded rcexcel ignition for $14.94,so with upgrades the engine is $390.00 $40.00 for express shipping(6days) add 2 Bowmen rings for $14.00ea and she should be good to go.

vertical grimmace 02-24-2015 06:03 PM

Just go the easy way and throw a DLE 55 in it! lol

proteus_X3 02-24-2015 08:27 PM


Originally Posted by vertical grimmace (Post 11990282)
Just go the easy way and throw a DLE 55 in it! lol

LOL hey vertical grimmace,where is the fun in that...:p

vertical grimmace 02-24-2015 08:37 PM

I find it more fun to have good, reliable power. I do not like screwing around otherwise. I have a DLE 55 r going in my 1/5th TA 152. I know it fits great, sounds good, and will be very reliable.

proteus_X3 02-24-2015 10:13 PM


Originally Posted by vertical grimmace (Post 11990354)
I find it more fun to have good, reliable power. I do not like screwing around otherwise. I have a DLE 55 r going in my 1/5th TA 152. I know it fits great, sounds good, and will be very reliable.

You are absolutely right,DLE engines offer good power and reliability at a reasonable price,I like them a lot.lot. Infact I said back at on post #255 that I was probity going to use a DLe-55RA and Istill might. However I like the sound of twins and I don't mind tinkering with the engine and t sound better. Cheers: Rich

fokke 02-25-2015 08:37 AM

Nice engine discussion !

I made some changes in plans as logo and text


http://i61.tinypic.com/ev27af.jpg

ticketec 02-25-2015 12:25 PM


Originally Posted by Dowmer (Post 11990205)
Rich, I agree the octopus rc option would be nice. I like that they let you upgrade and I've heard many people say they like their service. Ticketec has a HK version and it has run great for him. I will say that I've bought 50cc motors from HK in the past and have had great results but I know there are others that haven't. To each his own.

Nope, mine came from OctopusRC...

Has as run great from day one. The other thing that is very important to consider with twins is that they don't viabrate your model to destruction! Very smooth running engines.

thanks

dave

vertical grimmace 02-25-2015 02:49 PM

I am wondering why it would be any different buying particular brand engine from one vendor or the other? There are several places to get a DLE. I would not think one from Tower would be any different than from Valley View. So does Octopus do something different with their engines that HK does not? None of these vendors go through each engine and test run them, or do they?

I choose Valley view generally, as I know I can trust their customer support/service etc. Plus, they have a better deal than Tower generally, and throw in a good plug. I find HK fun to watch more than anything, I really try not to support them at all.

Chris Nicastro 02-25-2015 09:13 PM

+1 on VVRC, Tom has been great to deal with on our DLE and VVRC engines club wide.

Dowmer 02-26-2015 04:07 AM

+2 They are also the place to get your props. They pre drill the holes for you which is great. Excellent and fast service too.

ticketec 02-26-2015 04:17 AM


Originally Posted by vertical grimmace (Post 11990841)
I am wondering why it would be any different buying particular brand engine from one vendor or the other? There are several places to get a DLE. I would not think one from Tower would be any different than from Valley View. So does Octopus do something different with their engines that HK does not? None of these vendors go through each engine and test run them, or do they?

I choose Valley view generally, as I know I can trust their customer support/service etc. Plus, they have a better deal than Tower generally, and throw in a good plug. I find HK fun to watch more than anything, I really try not to support them at all.

i remember a while back there were dodgy copies of DLE's getting around, so it wasn't ok to buy them from just anywhere. Not sure if that is in the past or not. I know, how ironic, a copy of a DLE!!!

the only thing that octopus do is they offer some upgrade pack that includes real CM6 plugs, and exhaust cans that don't leak like a sieve from new. It wasn't available when I bought mine from them, so I metalset my cans up and they have been fine, they sent me a set of the new polished can free of charge, when they became available, and I also replaced the plugs with real CM6 iridium plugs.

thanks

dave

fokke 02-26-2015 07:20 AM

Today I took the details, and we will assemble them and am curious how long it will take me :)


http://i61.tinypic.com/n5ldgg.jpg


http://i58.tinypic.com/2nu0tqc.jpg


http://i61.tinypic.com/2pdl4.jpg


http://i59.tinypic.com/fp8cbn.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/2cqgn09.jpg

vertical grimmace 02-26-2015 08:10 AM


Originally Posted by Dowmer (Post 11991112)
+2 They are also the place to get your props. They pre drill the holes for you which is great. Excellent and fast service too.


Also, if you do not want to drill props anymore, they will install the single bolt prop adapter for you free, with the purchase of it and the engine. This is a great service, as I do not like drilling props, and installing the single bolt adapter is kind of a pain.

vertical grimmace 02-26-2015 08:11 AM

Looks great Rumen. Looking forward to seeing this go together.

wurger 02-26-2015 12:50 PM

Hi Fokke

You got it done yet please? :-)

Hurry up, I am gasping for this to be released :-)

maurice

proteus_X3 02-26-2015 01:28 PM


Originally Posted by vertical grimmace (Post 11991232)
Also, if you do not want to drill props anymore, they will install the single bolt prop adapter for you free, with the purchase of it and the engine. This is a great service, as I do not like drilling props, and installing the single bolt adapter is kind of a pain.

Another shameless plugs for VVRC, all of my Dle engines are from them ,I also have the 30-35cc single bolt adapter and it work great on my Dle-35RA they are great people to deal with.Update I purchase the XYZ 53cc today form Octopus RC today,since I want to keep the with of the engine as small as possible, I ordered it with 1/4-32 and order a upgraded ignition,plugs and muffler,Frank Bowmen ring are $13.00 ea and worth every penny in IMHO.Rumen nice update! Cheers: Rich

Spec: [TABLE="width: 919"]
[TR]
[TD="class: image, align: center"]http://octopusrc.com/shop/image/cach...1848-47x47.JPG[/TD]
[TD="class: name"]XYZ 53STS / TGY 53STS- Ignition: RCEXL Twin Ignition ..
- Spark Plug: RCEXL 1/4-32 ME-8*2
- Muffler: Polished Muffler
[/TD]
[TD="class: model"]XYZ 53STS[/TD]
[TD="class: quantity"] http://octopusrc.com/shop/catalog/vi...age/remove.png[/TD]
[TD="class: price, align: right"]$403.05
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]



vertical grimmace 02-26-2015 01:31 PM

I wish they would angle the plugs like that on all twins!

Dowmer 02-26-2015 03:11 PM

I've never understood why on twins they put the carb on the bottom between the mufflers. Sure makes it hard to adjust. I read in another thread a guy took the XYZ apart and reversed the heads with some other stuff to put the carb on the top with the mufflers pointing down like a person would want. He said it worked well and not too difficult. However, you needed to make sure the rings didn't interfer with the ports which required flipping something as I remember.

fokke 02-27-2015 02:39 AM

Assembling took me 2 hours with making and drinking cofe :) without stringers , with them around 3 hours of all lol :))))

So t this is it and short video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDpHH-vRfuQ&feature=youtu.be

http://www.fokkerc.com/snimki/FW/IMG...227_092730.jpg


http://www.fokkerc.com/snimki/FW/IMG...227_102608.jpg


http://www.fokkerc.com/snimki/FW/IMG...227_102849.jpg


http://www.fokkerc.com/snimki/FW/IMG...227_103111.jpg


http://www.fokkerc.com/snimki/FW/IMG...227_103121.jpg


http://www.fokkerc.com/snimki/FW/IMG...227_110637.jpg


http://www.fokkerc.com/snimki/FW/IMG...227_112700.jpg


http://www.fokkerc.com/snimki/FW/IMG...227_113333.jpg


http://www.fokkerc.com/snimki/FW/IMG...227_113507.jpg


http://www.fokkerc.com/snimki/FW/IMG...227_114134.jpg


http://www.fokkerc.com/snimki/FW/IMG...227_114320.jpg


http://www.fokkerc.com/snimki/FW/IMG...227_114411.jpg

perttime 02-27-2015 04:30 AM

Cool to see the A and D "skeletons" side-by-side!
I cannot decide which I like better...

fokke 02-27-2015 05:32 AM

Yes lovly picture :)
The stringers are already in the places and next step is gluing

http://www.fokkerc.com/snimki/FW/IMG...227_152034.jpg


http://www.fokkerc.com/snimki/FW/IMG...227_151948.jpg


http://www.fokkerc.com/snimki/FW/IMG...227_152011.jpg


http://www.fokkerc.com/snimki/FW/IMG...227_152026.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/24ec846.jpg

Joespeeder 02-27-2015 07:22 AM

Hi Fokke,

Keep up the great work !! I can't believe how quickly you get things turned around !

The Laser 300v is known to fit the cowl of a 1/5 D9. How would the Laser the 360v and the OS 320FF fit into the 1/5 D9?

I'm betting there are a few guys that might like to try the 360v if it didn't require too much cutting. It looks like openings for the rocker covers might not be too bad and if the rocker covers were painted to match the paint scheme maybe it could be hidden pretty well. Just not sure about the needles sticking out. They might be easy to damage.

Kwik is looking at the new Saito FG-60r 60cc Radial for 1/5 D9's Do you think that engine could be shoe horned into the cowl?

Thanks for all the updates !!


Joe

fokke 02-27-2015 08:17 AM

Actually the fast assembling is a normal for this stricture , that was my idea , to assembling the fuselage and wings on the any flat surface fast and correct , I thing for all structure one day will be normal time for assembling .

Here are the engines who you ask


http://i62.tinypic.com/2heij54.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/23rq1y1.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/2njx76b.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/2ekm0c8.jpg

Joespeeder 02-27-2015 09:22 AM

Thanks Fokke !!!

Wow !! One day..... Oh man I have to have a kit to keep here in reserve once you start producing them.

Thanks for all the engine info.

How does the Saito FG-60r radial look?

Joe

JGrc 02-27-2015 04:28 PM


Originally Posted by proteus_X3 (Post 11991403)
Another shameless plugs for VVRC, all of my Dle engines are from them ,I also have the 30-35cc single bolt adapter and it work great on my Dle-35RA they are great people to deal with.Update I purchase the XYZ 53cc today form Octopus RC today,since I want to keep the with of the engine as small as possible, I ordered it with 1/4-32 and order a upgraded ignition,plugs and muffler,Frank Bowmen ring are $13.00 ea and worth every penny in IMHO.Rumen nice update! Cheers: Rich

Spec: [TABLE="width: 919"]
[TR]
[TD="class: image, align: center"]http://octopusrc.com/shop/image/cach...1848-47x47.JPG[/TD]
[TD="class: name"]XYZ 53STS / TGY 53STS- Ignition: RCEXL Twin Ignition ..
- Spark Plug: RCEXL 1/4-32 ME-8*2
- Muffler: Polished Muffler[/TD]
[TD="class: model"]XYZ 53STS[/TD]
[TD="class: quantity"] http://octopusrc.com/shop/catalog/vi...age/remove.png[/TD]
[TD="class: price, align: right"]$403.05[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]



Rich,

make sure to post a report on this engine. I thought about using it in my Ta152 but because of the lack of reports, decided to use the DLE 55RA which does not fit completely in the cowl. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-w...152-h1-12.html

JG


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:26 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.