RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   Value of Byron Hellcat F6F (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/11623249-value-byron-hellcat-f6f.html)

MarkinMn 10-31-2015 02:37 PM

Value of Byron Hellcat F6F

1 Attachment(s)
Thinking of possibly selling my Byron Originals Hellcat F6F but not sure of it's current value.
I purchased everything and I mean everything originally from Byron back before they went under. I have the 4.2 Sachs, 3 bladed prop, mount etc etc.

Fuselage has not yet been glassed together, spars are glassed into place, tail feathers and Robart struts and wheels are installed. Wings are glassed but not painted and need more work.
I attempted a few years ago to start to finish the build after starting and having to put it on hold for 15 years, now I fear I will never finish it and if I do, I will never want to put it in the air. Not so much with previous aircraft I've built.

Looking to sell locally if I do as I don't want to deal with the shipping. What could I expect to be a fair price for this. It's not NIB, but there are not many of these around and I have all the components for it.

Mark

All Day Dan 10-31-2015 04:57 PM

Try Ebay. Dan.

kork 11-01-2015 05:45 AM

pm sent

MarkinMn 11-01-2015 08:43 AM

4 Attachment(s)
At this time I've decided to go ahead and sell it if I can get $1500 for it. Prefer not to deal with shipping, as it's large and multiple boxes.
I'm located in the Twin Cities North metro area.

I attached some pics showing the stage of the wings build. The left wing tip I cut out and made a fiberglass frame to house a led wing tip light. I never got to do the right wing. Easy enough to do with time or simply fill the left wing tip back in if this is not something you wanted to do.

Ram-bro 11-01-2015 02:19 PM

Very tempting

MarkinMn 11-01-2015 02:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Pics of the motor 4.2 Sachs (68.8cc) and still sealed components to complete it. Muffler/Mount not shown.

MarkShapiro 11-02-2015 07:57 AM

Byron Hellcat was my first warbird. Loved that plane. Flew great and sorry I ever sold her. At this point, however, I am flying much larger aircraft. There was a time when these were considered huge. Good luck with your sale.

aerodrome 08-27-2018 08:40 AM

Did you ever sell the Hellcat?

MarkinMn 08-27-2018 08:51 AM

Yes, I sold it along time ago.

MarkShapiro 08-27-2018 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by aerodrome (Post 12458087)
Did you ever sell the Hellcat?

I sold it a log time ago, but actually have a brand new Ziroli Hellcat that is just built. I just shot the primer coat last weekend. I am considering selling if you are interested. Brand new rob art retracts specifically for the hellcat, DA 100 twin engine, fiberglass fuselage, excellent build quality. If you are interested, send me an email and I will send you some pics. But please, only if you are interested because I will have to assemble everything in order to take pics.

u2fast 08-28-2018 03:41 AM

aerodrome, i sent you a private message. barry

BarracudaHockey 08-28-2018 04:05 AM

You guys want to buy/sell please use the marketplace.