RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   Down and Locked Gone ? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/11694452-down-locked-gone.html)

IFLYBVM2 10-27-2021 04:12 AM

Down and Locked Gone ?

Website has been down for quite a while, and Mitch not returning phone calls or messages-
Does anyone know if they are gone now or ?
Trying to source some spares for my CARF Corsair wing fold-
Mike Oberst text 843-833-0059 if preferred

CK1 10-27-2021 12:59 PM

Have you tried reaching Mitch at WickesRC

https://wikesrc.com/

CK1 10-27-2021 01:04 PM

My bad it is Ron Word that's at WickesRC . He may still have info for you since he and Mitch started Down and Locked

IFLYBVM2 10-27-2021 01:20 PM

No have not-might be worth a try though-Thanks

killerG 10-27-2021 04:02 PM

I think they are out of business. I have emailed several times and called and left messages with no response on either. I ended up ordering a Robart set of the 630RSE a month ago. I got an email from Danny there today and he said that they are on backorder with NO ETA. Apparently they don't have material to make the retract frames. I am trying to find another set of retracts that use a 1/2" strut (I already have 1/2" robostruts) but I am not having any luck. Seems like the options are getting very limited!

Auburn02 10-28-2021 05:19 AM

Just sent you an email Mike. I was able to get in touch with Mitch when I needed some support last month, but it did take a lot of patience. And at least as of then the website was still up, but I will say even when it was up it was obviously not being maintained with lots of dead links, missing manuals, etc.

With regard to the Corsair wing fold, could you retrofit some more easily available actuators to it? I know guys use some Actuonix servos for swinging the wings on F-14s, maybe they make something up to the task of the Corsair folding mechanism. Looking at CARF's website, I guess their preferred method is hydraulics.

IFLYBVM2 10-28-2021 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Auburn02 (Post 12700349)
Just sent you an email Mike. I was able to get in touch with Mitch when I needed some support last month, but it did take a lot of patience. And at least as of then the website was still up, but I will say even when it was up it was obviously not being maintained with lots of dead links, missing manuals, etc.

With regard to the Corsair wing fold, could you retrofit some more easily available actuators to it? I know guys use some Actuonix servos for swinging the wings on F-14s, maybe they make something up to the task of the Corsair folding mechanism. Looking at CARF's website, I guess their preferred method is hydraulics.

Thanks for all the tips guys-to be clear, my Carf Corsair is fully functional, but I would like to source some spare motors/actuators for the wing fold. After having spoken to several guys who have the same setup, I know that eventually I will need some parts, as they have not been trouble free historically.
For now I am good; but was just trying to have some spares on hand, which seems at the moment to be a task that will be easier said than done.
-Mike

Craig B. 11-29-2021 07:30 AM

Hey guys, can someone please help me get in contact with Mitch? I had my gear shipped back to me but good old Australian Customs shipped it back to Mtich and now I can't get in contact with him and my package is stuck at his business. Please help if you can! I have sent several emails and tried calling too with no luck.

ram3500-RCU 12-08-2021 07:48 PM

[QUOTE=killerG;[url=tel:12700313]12700313[/url]]I think they are out of business. I have emailed several times and called and left messages with no response on either. I ended up ordering a Robart set of the 630RSE a month ago. I got an email from Danny there today and he said that they are on backorder with NO ETA. Apparently they don't have material to make the retract frames. I am trying to find another set of retracts that use a 1/2" strut (I already have 1/2" robostruts) but I am not having any luck. Seems like the options are getting very limited![/QUOTE
Mitch is not "out of business". His business was severely affected by covid as China is his source for the motors. He got way behind and had to retool to different motors on top of everything else. Be patient. He is trying.

killerG 12-08-2021 08:14 PM

Well, no replies to emails, no returned phone call a month later after leaving several messages, website down I would say out of business. If not out of business, not good business ethics IMO.
Thanks