RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   OV-10 Bronco (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/24622-ov-10-bronco.html)

FlyinRazorback 12-17-2001 04:51 PM

OV-10 Bronco

Any of you guys fly or have seen the OV-10 Bronco by R. Uravitch fly? I ordered the kit from Hangar Hobby nearly 3 weeks ago. While I'm on the subject, let me vent. The guy copied my credit card # wrong and waited a week to let me know the card wouldn't work. My wife called him back while I was at work and he was rather rude about his mistake. Here it is a 1 1/2 weeks later and still no plane. Bad business, but Hangar Hobby is the only place I know of to get the plane. Anyways, any info / advice on the OV-10 would be helpful.

airspeed917 12-20-2001 02:36 PM

OV-10

1 Attachment(s)
I have an Uravitch OV-10. I love it, It flies very scale with twin
OS25's. Flies great stable as a trainer. If you want a little more speed I would use twin OS32's.
The plane looks great in air,, I'm going to recover this plane this winter in the Desert storm camo scheme.

Kickin Chicken 12-20-2001 05:32 PM

OV-10 Bronco

Hi FlyinRazorback,
We had a member fly his OV10 last Sunday for the first time, showed no real problems, flew quite well with no bad habits but was under propped(sp) had like 12/10, needed something around 14/?, if you want his E-Mail address give me yell, I'm sure he would be happy to help you since (Harold Mahoney) been building and flying for a long time. Can see some pic's on our club web site www.geocities.com/clubamac222

Fighterpilot 12-22-2001 12:57 AM

OV-10 80"

American Eagle Aircraft Company has available a form wing and horizontal stab, fiberglass booms with vertical fin molded in, and a fiberglass pod which makes up a very nice short kit. You can order the canopy from Uravitch or American Eagle will soon have one available. I saw the parts at their booth in Toledo and look as though they would make quick work of building an 80" OV-10. I think it is designed to fly on twin 70 or 90 four strokes.

FIVESQUARE 12-22-2001 02:05 AM

OV-10

Razorback,
What is the address of hanger hobby....I cannot seem to find it...I want one of these birds....gotta have it...
Thanks.
5X5

FlyinRazorback 12-29-2001 09:42 AM

OV-10 Bronco

I actually said it backwards. It's Hobby Hangar and found at www.hobbyhangar.com. Yeah, I know, I'm a dumb@$$!!

Let me tell you something about these guys though. I ordered this plane about 5 or 6 weeks ago. After figuring out that they had copied my info wrong we straightened everything out and they were supposed to ship it right away. A couple of weeks later I called them to see what was up and the guy said he didn't know but he would find out and get back in touch with me the following day. Two days later (and no call) I called them back to find out that they are closed until January 3. I'm some kind of ticked, but I want this plane! Maybe I am the only one with this type of dealing with them, but it has rubbed me the wrong way. Anyways, they have the plane, it's about 119.00 for the 52" wing span. It's the plan by Uravitch that they cut into kit form. I believe you have to supply the balsa yourself though. Good Luck!

mselby 12-30-2001 02:54 AM

Uravitch ARF kit

I believe Uravitch has just come out with an ARF kit of the Bronco. Suggest you contact him for details.
Mike

FIVESQUARE 12-30-2001 03:05 AM

bronco....

Thanks mike......:)

mselby 01-14-2002 10:01 AM

OV-10 Bronco

Interesting thread on Uravitch's OV10 in the ARF forum
Mike

Jimmy Bananas 01-14-2002 10:23 AM

OV-10 ARF

Hobby Hanger has the ARf of this model, listed at $269.99..small version 52" ws....for 25 engines.....looks very good.....check it out

FIVESQUARE 01-14-2002 09:34 PM

OV-10 BRONCO

I contacted Jim at Hobby Hanger.....He said he does not carry the OV-10...Could it be another place??? ARF?
Thanks 5

Rokebyr 01-14-2002 11:59 PM

Bronco connections

Have any of you figured out how to minimize the number of connections that have to be made every time you fly this thing? (80")

So far it seems that 8 servo leads must be connected, along with the battery pack, retracts, and elevator links. This assumes a one piece wing with the receiver mounted to the wing, and a detachable stab. That eliminates disconnecting the flaps and ailerons. There are still 3 servos in each boom and two in the fuse.pod.

Some use two receivers, but that means two battery packs and switches.

All these connections have made me put the parts away for a while.

mselby 01-15-2002 02:16 AM

OV-10 Bronco

Jimmy, the OV -10 is sold at Hobby Hangar, not Hanger. Link is
http://www.hobbyhangar.com/scaletek.htm
Mike