RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   KMP New Spitfire Mk XIV (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/2671070-kmp-new-spitfire-mk-xiv.html)

Tony Gag Jr. 01-02-2006 06:05 PM

RE: KMP New Spitfire Mk XIV

Ian,
Do you know what the length of the Spit fuselage is? Does anyone know when KMP will be shipping out the Spit here in the US?

Thanks,
Tony

Richard L. 01-02-2006 06:43 PM

Last time I heard, the Spit will be available in the US sometimes in mid to late February.

Idigbo 01-02-2006 07:41 PM

Tim, those conversions look truly superb, and like you have already said they are slimline motor for sure. Look forward to seeing how it goes in the Spitfire.

Tony, I'll find out the length of the Spit for you, I'll have to root out the drawings or speak to a mate, as he has taken over the prototype Spit as the 109 needed something to chase it, and I can't fly everything at the same time!

Ian.

Idigbo 01-02-2006 07:44 PM

Tim, those conversions look truly superb, and like you have already said they are slimline motor for sure. Look forward to seeing how it goes in the Spitfire.

Tony, I'll find out the length of the Spit for you, I'll have to root out the drawings or speak to a mate, as he has taken over the prototype Spit as the 109 needed something to chase it, and I can't fly everything at the same time!

Ian.

ps, dont know why this appeared twice, must still be double vision from the New Years celebrations!!!

SpitfireMKI 01-03-2006 11:41 AM

Tim,

Could you do a detailed Ryobi Conversion and installation for the spit when you get it ? It would be nice to see the whole process from start to finish, please, just a little hand holding ! ;)

I really like the idea of the cheap conversion with the mag, I thought my RCS would fit the hurri till I dug into it, after seeing how close the ignition would be to the rest of the avionics I changed my mind.

I'll check with wacker for the short shaft hub, do you mind letting me know what the hub length must be machined to for the hurri using a flat plate mount like you did ? The fuse cut out looks easy enough in the photo you sent me. Sorry if I'm asking for the same info twice, I misplaced all my conversion info when my building went on the back burner due to increased work in my professional life.

Many Thanks !

Mike

alanc 01-03-2006 04:43 PM

hope you guys get your spits soon, the first builds are well under way over here on rcfliers, hope to see some over here, on rc universe too, a few problems have been shown up, nothing serious, typical teething troubles, cant let you have it that easy, can we? plenty of scope on these birds, for detailing, mine should be delivered tomorow, its a white one, its going to be built as a photo recon bird, in PRU blue, mmmm cant wait!! if you want any details, come take a look, the guys are a helpfull lot! when you guys get going, i hope we can help each other, certainly, you can learn by our mistakes!!!
ALAN C mod, r/c fliers

with apologies to r/c universe, hope mentioning a uk forum is not breaking the rules!!

MerlinFan 01-03-2006 04:52 PM

Don from KMP called me last week and got permission to charge my card because the Spits were shipping! Now its like I'm a kid waiting for Christmas. Better start my Hurri soon.

Tony Gag Jr. 01-03-2006 05:14 PM

Alan,
What are the problems you guys are noticing on the Spits? Can you email me a link to that UK forum? You can email it to me if you don't want to post it on here. [email protected]

Thanks,
Tony Gagliardi Jr.

WarbirdMadMan 01-04-2006 12:23 AM

Mike ,

Sure can do a Ryobi conversion thread but looks like us Aussies could be waiting a while. I just emailed the ESM distributor in Oz and they don't even know about the Spit:(:(:(. (I don't know what planet they've been living on but it ain't planet Earth):eek:.
They're saying their next order with ESM won't be until March/April [:'(][:'(]:(:(. Major Bummer.

As for the prop hub length I will check for you.

Anyone wanna buy one and send it my way:D:D:D.

Cheers KMM

SpitfireMKI 01-04-2006 11:15 AM

Tim,

I promise not to rub it in when the spit arrives ;)

I'm in no hurry, I want to finish the Hurri first anyway, I glassed the wing and am making the scoop flap functinal (Why I don't know :eek:)

I plan to 'slap' the spit together out of the box, add my own squadron markings and weathering and go fly !

Mike

alanc 01-04-2006 01:34 PM

not really any problems, merely other folks preferences for doing some things, other to our own, tonight, i got my white one, had it dry slapped together in 25minutes! now then wheres the glue?????
email sent, by the way

OOPS email NOT sent[&o] seem to have a problem at my end, i have sent you a pm, instead

sandseeker 01-04-2006 04:21 PM

If you want to fit your pilot snuggly in his cockpit, check the bulkhead position first, mine is about 6mm before the back/headrest position ( it is also not square across the fuz ) I have cut down the canopy to the moulded line and it looks like it fit well. The opening for the stab needed only a small amount of sanding to make a snug fit. So far,so good!

Chris

Henk Visser 01-05-2006 05:09 PM

Hello guy's,

I have ordered a spit from Eurolight in hamburg...must be the same kit as kmp?
Can't wait until the postmen knocks at my door!!!
Eurolight said in a e-mail that they delivered new retracts..better than the old blue ones![:@]
So lets hope so?
I'am going to power the spitfire with a saito FA-150 with slimline muffler!

Like too see some picture's of these spitfire's ;)

Tony Gag Jr. 01-06-2006 05:54 PM

I called KMP today and they will be shipping out the Spit on Wednesday!!!! Can someone please tell me the spit's fuselage length?

Thanks,
Tony

alanc 01-06-2006 06:15 PM

I am starting the build tomorow, i will measure the length of the fuzz, from the rudder post, without rudder fitted, to the cowl front, or do you want the rudder included? do you need anything else? it will be no trouble??
ALAN YT INTERNATIONAL

Tony Gag Jr. 01-06-2006 07:05 PM

Alan,
I sent you a PM. You can include the rudder in the size.

Thanks,
Tony

alanc 01-08-2006 01:58 PM

to hog crew chief, and the other 2 guys who have asked, the fuselage measures 63", with no spinner, this from rudder, to front of cowl, add about another 6" for the spinner
colour match, over here, is flair matt green, and the flair grey, with a little black mixed in
model can be painted over with enamel after first flatting down

the spits are coming together now on r/cflyers, its nearly maiden time for 2 of them

Tony Gag Jr. 01-08-2006 06:07 PM

Alan,
Thanks for the info. Do you know what kind of paint is used on the Arf? Enamel,laquer,epoxy,urethane,etc?

Thanks,
Tony

alanc 01-08-2006 06:23 PM

i dont know to be exact i am awaiting an email from the company, and, sometime next week, all will be revealed but, i am going to use enamel, with a satin varnish or, igdigbo is!! im building it, ian is painting it-----i hope! PRU blue, will be the colour, done as a mk19, google rolls royce spitfire, if you want to see it in its finary!!

dharrell 01-12-2006 05:39 PM

Any posted instruction manual??? Hope it is better than the CMP(GSP) spit. Are there different color schemes you can order??
Thanks for the info
Dean

Henk Visser 01-13-2006 05:33 AM

Mine will be delivered at my door week 6!!!!![&o]
Got an e-meal last week.

Can't wait to get started!!!!!!

alanc 01-13-2006 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: dharrell

Any posted instruction manual??? Hope it is better than the CMP(GSP) spit. Are there different color schemes you can order??
Thanks for the info
Dean
contact you importer, KMP, if he wishes to post a manual, its up to him, as for colour schemes, in the uk, we have imported white ones, to give customers a blank canvas, so, its grey/ green, or white over here, if you want this service, contact KMP for us, this was a service we gave for the new kit, cos we are nice people!!

WarbirdMadMan 01-15-2006 05:28 AM

Hey Alanc or Idigbo

Where can I order one of the Brian Taylor spinners from? Looks like the Spit has no spinner with it eh!!:(

Cheers Tim

alanc 01-15-2006 06:43 AM

i can give you the uk number of brian taylor, or the mick reeves mk9 will fit, its about the same span--we have been trying to get some accurate spinners cnc machined, but the cost is horrendous! i really dont know where you will get a spnner in aussy, i know, it should be in the kit, but, even spun, its a big, expensive piece of kit,

in the uk, we have offered buyers an option for a near as can be spinner, plus oleos, but, it is up to your importer, all we can do is suggest what others offer, and do our best for our customer base, brian taylor does not do computers, in the U.S. BOB HOLMAN imports brians gear, not being very good with geography, would this be a better option for you? i know Bob has a web site, we ARE looking at the future, we have several hush hush projects on the go, all wanting scale spinners, you would NOT believe how difficult it is to source these essential items if ANYONE has any idea, believe me, we are ALL EARS!
spits are rolling off the asembly line, first one out-of-the box has flown, allbe it with a bit of weathering, first flight--dead stick landing, the lady behaved like the thourebred she represents, (pics on r/c flyers,) ill see if martin can post one on here its BEUTIFULL and, it shows the spinner option we have found
AGAIN apologies to a reference to another forum, but, in fairness, we send enough folk here from flyers[>:]

Tony Gag Jr. 01-15-2006 08:34 AM

Alan,
Did you find out what kind of paint is used on the Spit?

Thanks,
Tony