RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   230 yrs (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/3539837-230-yrs.html)

prop wash 11-10-2005 03:27 PM

230 yrs

:DHappy Birthday to all you United States Marines on our 230 th birthday.Oooorah!Thank God for all the fighting men and women of all the nations of the free world.

mcarleno 11-10-2005 03:53 PM

RE: 230 yrs

Oooorah! Here a man that says it all!

http://www.rleeermey.com/

samparfitt 11-10-2005 04:53 PM

thank you.

Semper fi

cknaack 11-10-2005 07:36 PM

Semper Fi, do or die!!! Happy birthday Brothers!!!!

Flak 11-10-2005 09:38 PM

Gentlemen,
Indeed, Happy 230th to the U.S.M.C.! I have several Devil Dogs in the Division of the Department I work for. I buy a cake every year for my Brothers In Arms. The cake is inscribed, "Happy 230th Birthday USMC Semper Fi!" The cake is bordered in yellow with the letters in red. I know they really appreciate this, as I am some what older than they are. They like to refer to me as the "Old Man". Trust me guys, I carry my end of the log quite adiquately. I'd cary the whole log if need be, but these guys would never let that happen. I'm just an old U.S. Army First Sergeant looking out for the welfare of my buddies. Pray for all of our brothers, sisters, sons and daughters in uniform who currently serve and who are in harms way.

"Keep 'Em Flying!"
Flak

rrudytoo 11-10-2005 11:21 PM

"230 years of ass kickin', head knockin', death and destruction!" That little quip, except for the number of years, was only a small part of our nightly chant as we lay in our racks at the position of attention at Parris Island. Truth to tell, it was "193 years......." when I used to recite that. Nuthin's changed. Our finest are still kickin' ass and takin' names. And if that offends you, too damn bad. Be grateful these fine young people are willing to do what most are not.

Semper Fi,

Al
RVN, '70 - '71

BrentJ 11-11-2005 12:40 AM

Hey guys!

I am a military brat who did not go directly into the military myself but do work for a contractor. I build aircraft and weapons systems to defend our country and way of life.

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART...T H A N K - Y O U ! ! ! ! !

:D

bullet65 11-11-2005 03:28 AM

semper fi,
kilo co 3/9 84 to 90

prop wash 11-11-2005 03:34 PM

[>:]I thank you all.It's nice to know we have a lot of "JAR HEADS" here,and I do thank all the Vets no matter what branch they were in or what country.We are all brothers.God bless the free country's of this planet,and yes "pray" for our brothers and sisters in harms way.Tom SEMPER FI

Flak 11-11-2005 06:02 PM

"If the Army and the Navy, Ever gaze on Heaven's scene, They will find the streets are guarded, By United States Marines"!... That one verse in the sacred hymn makes me sleep much better at night. I really believe the songs of our service branches are church choir material. Right up there with Amazing Grace. I'm going to my VFW Post, 6654, DeSoto, KS., in a couple of hours in my full military dress to salute all those who have served and earned the right to call themselves veterans on this Veteran's Day. I will ask for a moment of silence out of pure respect to salute the ones who have fallen and didn't get a chance to come back home, for they are the real heroes of our society and our humble efforts. I will remember the service and sacrifice of the members of my own dear family and my recently deceased father who faded away at the age of 80 on Aut. 25, 2005. I will then proceed to send the proper amount of alcohol to the appropriate place and join my buddies in conversation, song and fellowship. Happy Veteran's Day to all of you who have served and to those of you who are now serving. Hooraugh!!!

"Keep 'Em Flying!"
Flak