RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   Ultra RC 92" Scale-Masters Zero (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/3705074-ultra-rc-92%22-scale-masters-zero.html)

STLPilot 12-29-2005 12:57 PM

Ultra RC 92" Scale-Masters Zero

1 Attachment(s)
This thing is very sweet plane, was lucky enough to see this bad boy and this is going to be one hot plane for sure. Hopefully Ultra will jump in the thread and answer some of your questions.

Check it out: http://www.ultrarc.com/zero/

Cub_Boy 12-29-2005 02:40 PM

RE: Ultra RC 92" Scale-Masters Zero

This looks like the exact same plane that Giant Scale Planes puts out.... please correct me if I am wrong....

Rick,

STLPilot 12-29-2005 02:56 PM

GSP has a 71" Zero but this plane is nothing like it other then it's a Zero. The detail on this ARF is truly amazing. The covering is all hand airbrushed. I just talked with them a little while ago and they are working on more detail shots of the plane.

Cub_Boy 12-29-2005 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
STLPilot,

Your right, they do have a smaller Zero.... but they also have a larger one!

Zero Fighter 91" - The Mitsubishi A6M5 is a great scale airplane for anyone who likes scale flying. The kit includes a fiberglass fuselage and cowling.

[link=http://www.giantscaleplanes.com/arf100.htm]GiantScalePlanes.com[/link]

It is just as detailed and based on the pictures from their website, these two planes are identical in every respect.

TLH101 12-29-2005 04:21 PM

I would say it is the same model.:D

Cub_Boy 12-29-2005 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now look at the pictures from Ultra R/C... notice that the tarmac is the same and check out the tail wheel from both... the same! even the markings on the tail are the same!!!

Give me a break here, I am not stupid and it does not take a rocket scientist to figure this out!

Just fess up... this is not something new and we can go on with our lives...lol

ULTRA-RC 12-29-2005 05:32 PM

Thank you for your interest in our new Zero. In regards to your comments, you are both right. This Zero is a "New" design. It is not the same design GSP was selling, or should I say advertising. This plane is manufactured at the same factory; however under our terms and conditions. We will be releasing many new giant scale warbird designs with the highest level of completion and to the proven standards of Ultra RC. More information will be available shortly.

The Ultra RC Zero features new lighter and stronger construction techniques. The wing, as well as the stabilizer, are built-up utilizing laser cut balsa and ply construction techniques. They are many other enhancements as well. You can see all the details on our website: http://www.ultrarc.com/zero/

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. You can email me directly at: [email protected] or you can PM me here on RCU.

Thanks again for your interest and support.

Happy Holidays!

Ultra-RC
Brian Hughes
www.ultrarc.com
[email protected]

HarryJ 12-29-2005 10:50 PM

The biggest difference is $25.00 in the price, outside that they are the same. All produced by the cheap labor in China. Probably 2500% profit.

ULTRA-RC 12-29-2005 11:21 PM

HarryJ,

I make myself available seven days a week to answer questions and support our customers. You apparently are not that familiar with Ultra RC, myself, and the product in question here. Keep monitoring the threads and you will soon come to realize from the feedback posted that your statement is far from the truth. Until you own both these planes and see the differences first hand, you really can't comment on the similarities and the differences.

In regards to your labor statement, you obviously have no idea. China labor is not as cheap as you think and 2500% profit????? I'm not going to waste my time and elaborate any further.

If there is a question sometime in the near future, I will be more than happy to respond.

Sincerely,

Ultra-RC
Brian Hughes
www.ultrarc.com
[email protected]

extratorker 12-30-2005 02:20 AM

Dear Ultra Rc,

How dare you bring a product to market(that actually never made it previously with the other company) and improve that product. What is wrong with you? It seems as if your trying to bring new exciting products to this tiny,niche market. Don't you know we'd all just rather build our old Jemco kits from years ago? ( I hope I wasn't too stealthy with my sarcasm).

Unbelivable how someone can bag on a company and product that hasn't even hit the shelves yet. Keep up the good work grumpy, thats exactley the attitude that gives many people a bad taste about this hobby and these forums.

vasek 12-30-2005 02:34 AM

I have to agree with most of you... these publicity stunts on RCU give me the creeps![sm=thumbdown.gif]

STLPilot 12-30-2005 04:07 PM

Now back to our discussion on the NEW ULTRA RC 92" SCALE-MASTERS ZERO.

Looks like I'm going to make the plunge, will post build shots once I get it.

Countryboy 12-30-2005 06:50 PM

ORIGINAL: ULTRA-RC

HarryJ,

I make myself available seven days a week to answer questions and support our customers. You apparently are not that familiar with Ultra RC, myself, and the product in question here. Keep monitoring the threads and you will soon come to realize from the feedback posted that your statement is far from the truth. Until you own both these planes and see the differences first hand, you really can't comment on the similarities and the differences.

In regards to your labor statement, you obviously have no idea. China labor is not as cheap as you think and 2500% profit????? I'm not going to waste my time and elaborate any further.

If there is a question sometime in the near future, I will be more than happy to respond.

Sincerely,

Ultra-RC
Brian Hughes
www.ultrarc.com
[email protected]

Brian,

Are the fiberglass fuselage sections joined with a fiberglass strip bonding the mating part's, or simply joined with resin/filler slurry ?

ULTRA-RC 12-30-2005 08:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Countryboy,

Thanks for your interest. In regards to your question regarding the joining of the fiberglass fuselage, Yes.....the fuse is joined and reinforced with approximately a 2" wide fiberglass strip bonding the parts around the entire joint. Here is the best picture I have to show the technique. I hope this answers your question. Please contact me with any additional comments or questions.

Happy New Year!

Ultra-RC
Brian Hughes
www.ultrarc.com
[email protected]

ULTRA-RC 12-30-2005 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one more........

CUB1 12-30-2005 08:42 PM

Brian,
When can I come over to Mt. Holly to pick one up?
I need a home for a Brison 3.2

-John

ULTRA-RC 12-30-2005 10:11 PM

John,

Thanks for your interest and support. Give me a call or email me and we can make all the arrangements.

email: [email protected]

phone: 609-714-0040

Have a Happy New Year!

Ultra-RC
Brian Hughes

mugenkidd 12-31-2005 12:43 AM

Wow, looking at this thread there is some obvious *****holes in the bunch. If Brian is trying to release some nice quaility Giant Scale Arfs why is there complaining?? The original wasn't ever released so how can someone know weather or not it was not redesigned?? The ultra RC Giles was surely redesigned from the GSP one even though it has the same scheme.

I give ultra RC two thumbs up for bring a wonderful Giant Warbird Arf to the market!!!! My only question is, what other warbirds can we expect???

STLPilot 12-31-2005 07:20 AM

Oh don't worry about the bad apples. There's always some "know it all" in the bunch that wants to get some sort of controversy started out of boredom. Next comes the ol' it's a copy from someone who copied it from someones sisters Chinese ex boyfriends uncles ex wife.

I do like the comment Cub made about being a rocket scientist to figure it all out, the irony is that he was right.

If Ultra RC is going to pick up a line of aircraft that another company dropped and improved upon so be it. This is the way the business world works and works out very well to the advantage of us, the consumers.

I'm looking forward to flying my very first giant scale warbird this spring!

Cub_Boy 12-31-2005 09:36 AM

Guys,

I was not trying to be an A**hole here, I was just trying to achieve clarity. I think that it takes amazing foresight for Ultra R/C to produce a quality line of Giant Scale Warbirds. Let's face it, we have all purchased and flown the promises some companies have made about their products. We were usually pretty disappointed by the results... after talking with Brian at Ultra R/C I believe they are making the extraordinary investment to make this product line something to be envied by others!

Any company that invests in Scale and wants to do it right has my total suport and backing 1000% and I will be the first to stand on a soap box and tell others about their products or show the how good they really are.

These guys have a great start!!! Lets get behind them and support them so we all can enjoy quality airplanes that really look like airplanes!!!!

:-)

I'm through now.... off my soap box....

Rick,

PittsM12 12-31-2005 11:29 PM

Ultra-RC, I may have missed it, But I was wondering what weight the Zero is flying at with the DA-50 in it? Thanks

Nathan

moldmaker 01-01-2006 12:05 AM

Do you know what kind of resin they are using to lay up the fuse and cowling ? Also can you post pics. of retract mounts ? Are these planes in stock? Thanks

STLPilot 01-01-2006 10:05 AM

Are these planes in stock? Thanks
Yes they have them in stock. Mines being picked up Tuesday!

moldmaker 01-01-2006 02:10 PM

Let us see some pics of the zero when you get it .Would like to see pics of retract mounts and also what kind of resin they are using Have seen some arfs with cheap gel coat that cracks very easy Thanks

ULTRA-RC 01-02-2006 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
moldmaker,

Thanks for your interest in the Zero. In regards to your comments, I understand exactly what your concerns are. The fuse is an epoxy glass layup. It is not polyester, nor is it a brittle gel coat type of finish that will crack easily.

As for the retracts, the main gear retracts mount on hard maple rails in the wing. I am trying to take some very detailed shots for you now. I have some which I am posting with this response. The tail gear retract mounts in the fuse on rails as well. Hopefully these pictures will post OK....I made up a pdf which I am attaching. If not, I will take some more detailed shots this evening and post them for you.

Please contact me with any additional questions.

Oh, yes, we do have a very limited supply in stock now.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Ultra-RC
Brian Hughes
www.ultrarc.com
[email protected]