RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   AIRPLANES STOLEN (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/4554456-airplanes-stolen.html)

rcflyerfl 07-28-2006 07:56 AM

AIRPLANES STOLEN

1 Attachment(s)
Thursday night July 27, 2006 my BT-13 model and other Giant scale models were stolen from the Fox Valley Aero Club Giant Scale meet in St. Charles, IL.
Here is a picture of mind.. A Burt Baker Kit.. 90" wing with Zenoah G-62 engine.
There was also a Velocity stolen and maybe others.

Stay on the look out.

Jim

tuwood 07-28-2006 08:24 AM

RE: AIRPLANES STOLEN

That's terrible. I hope they catch the *******s!!

Walt Thyng 07-28-2006 08:25 AM

How sad )-: The swap meets ought to be interesting next season.
Walt

rwright142 07-28-2006 08:34 AM

That SUX!!!

If they were at a meet, how did the criminal(s) get them from the field? Were they in parked cars/trailers, etc?

Flak 07-28-2006 09:39 AM

rcflyerfl,
How about some details? Did you file a police report? I am a Deputy Sheriff. I am sure many of us in this hobby are law enforcement officers. Were your planes marked in any way that they can be positively identified as your planes? Send me a PM if you wish. I'll keep my eyes peeled. BTW, nice BT-13. I am in the CAF. We have two full scale BT-13's at our hangar at New Century, KS.

Kmot 07-28-2006 10:32 AM

That bites! There is no respect anymore. No class anymore. All greed. [:@]

rcflyerfl 07-28-2006 11:42 AM

Thanks Guys.. Police report done.. All airplanes were in Charging tent.. Looks like 4 plaanes and some TX and chargers.
I have my AMA sticker on wing inside. But how many 90" BT-13 are out there. and Painted like mind.
Jim. G-62, Robart gear,Hitec servos in Tail, JR servos for Ailrons, and Flaps.
I understand there was trouble in KY and Mich. also.

Dennis Crooks 07-28-2006 12:09 PM

Real sorry to hear that Jim, what a rotten deal. Sure screws up a perfectly good summer. We will all keep our eyes and ears open around here.

DC

Whistling Death 07-28-2006 12:19 PM

One good reason to have a membership to the AMA so you can get it replaced.

LDM 07-28-2006 01:32 PM

I am always on ebay , promise to look out for you , this dummy will probably try to sell it on the web .
good luck and sorry to hear about your loss

tailskid 07-28-2006 01:33 PM

99.9% of modelers are above average in the Honesty Department.....it's that .1% that can make life miserable! Sorry to hear of your loss.

KojakDave 07-28-2006 03:08 PM

I know that this occurred out of my jurisdiction, but I'm a Polk County L.E.O. and local flyer...if you need some help or advice send me a PM and I'll be glad to help. I hope you can recover your planes and the guy(s) who took them get what he/they deserve.

Dave

rcflyerfl 07-28-2006 05:10 PM

Dave,
When I get home to Lakeland I will look you up. What's an L.E.O. ?
Where do you fly. North or South.

Jim

Peter_OZ 07-28-2006 05:36 PM

should set up a search filter on ebay to keep an eye out for that gear, that is where it will most likely turn up.

Gee that really is the lowest act. think some "contact counselling is in order"

I do hope you get your planes back, I would be devastated if mine went missing like that.

all the best mate

LuftwaffeOberst 07-28-2006 06:25 PM

I'm not too happy either. My family is in Law Enforcement... they won't be easy to catch, all depends what type of man power is looking into this case. I wish the police luck and I'm very sorry to hear what happened. I guess we can't leave our plane unattended anymore.

Peter Dowling aka Luftwaffe Oberst
AMA District II # 56404
Aero Modelers Club
Pulaski, NY

Peter_OZ 07-28-2006 07:16 PM

unfortunately this won't be a high priority for them, too few resources I'm afraid for much higher priorties.

t_burley 07-28-2006 07:35 PM

ORIGINAL: rcflyerfl

Dave,
When I get home to Lakeland I will look you up. What's an L.E.O. ?
Where do you fly. North or South.

Jim
Law Enforcement Officer

Hope you get your plane back Jim, that sucks

rcflyerfl 07-28-2006 07:40 PM

Maybe some more info after talking to others..
There was a guy here, sorta chunky, not well kept, red face maybe, Had a Brown and tan older model suv from Michagan..Chev.
Was acting a little strange. Said he was waiting for friends from down state here.. Also ask what was a BT-13 and said he would go home and check it out.. Did not come back today. All of this is sketchy but may help all of us.
Seems like someone from Michagan stole some planes from Joe Nall a few years back.
Anybody regonize any of these featues?

Thanks,
Jim

rcflyerfl 07-28-2006 09:13 PM

Let me try to add some details. Zenoah G-62 engine.20' wood prop painted black with red and white strips. Fueler on Cowl. Cowl heald on with 4 screws on inside. Pilot was wearing white shirt with blue jean pants. Wife made. Pilot has beard, heald in with Velcro. JR 8411 on ailrons. JR 517 on Flaps (4) Rudderservo is a 1/4 big Hitec with pull/pull system. Elevator servos Maybe Hitec 645's Red arms on servo.Futaba Rec.on Channel 28 with NiMetal 4 cell batt. There is 2 full seats. Front cocpit is open and SW is in front cocpit on left side. Ign.sw is on top of firewall eccess is under top of cowl.
I hope this helps. Maybe the others will get online when they home.
Let me add some more info now that I have settled now a little.
For those not familar with this kit. It has a fiberglass fusealage , Foam wing and tail feathers balsa covered. I used jerry nelson Lite fab and it may be lifting it places.

Thanks,
Jim

stuka 07-28-2006 09:14 PM

A friend of mine had some stuff stolen in Ft. Lauderdale Florida and he contacted the AMA.The only thing they will cover is 1000.00 with a 100.00 deductible. Not much when you consider he lost almost 18,000.00 worth of stuff.

LuftwaffeOberst 07-29-2006 09:20 AM

He might be able to get more money from the Police Victim Fund, but still it wouldn't be much. The sad part is even if the criminal was to be caught... he'd be facing a Felony charge. Buy the time of sentencing the Defendant would have it dropped down to a minimum... unless they, or he has done this before. The Police lock them up... and the Lawyers set them free. It's some of the loop holes in our system that I don't always agree with. Sometimes I feel that the victim has less rights... but that's another issue. My heart goes out to you my friend. I'm spreading the word out to all the people I fly with about this matter. [:@][&o]

Peter Dowling aka Luftwaffe Oberst
AMA District II # 56404
Aero Modelers Club
Pulaski, NY

Aeronut04 07-29-2006 06:06 PM

[:o]

HUMMERH3 07-30-2006 05:35 PM

No problem..Peter I have a couple of cusins visiting me from Italy just pass on the names ...my cusins will talk to them and ask them to (please )pay for the planes Im sure they will.....

LuftwaffeOberst 07-30-2006 10:30 PM

:eek:

prop wash 07-31-2006 08:02 PM

Nothing I hate more than liers and thieves.Sorry about your planes.I live in Griffith In and I'll try to keep an eye out for your planes when I go to local War Bird Days or big bird days.Tom