RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   CORSAIR PANEL LINE AND RIVET DETAIL NEEDED. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/6712352-corsair-panel-line-rivet-detail-needed.html)

OZYRAY 12-04-2007 11:45 AM

CORSAIR PANEL LINE AND RIVET DETAIL NEEDED.

HI, I`M LOOKING FOR IMFORMATION REGARDING PANEL LINE AND RIVET DETAIL FOR MY CORSAIR. F4U-1. A 3 VIEW DRAWING WOULD BE GREAT.AS LONG I CAN SEE THE DETAIL. THANKS RAY

rwright142 12-04-2007 12:05 PM

RE: CORSAIR PANEL LINE AND RIVET DETAIL NEEDED.

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Ray,

There are many resources out there for 3 views, pictures, blueprints, etc. I have been doing research for Corsairs for many years and although I have paid for some there are many freebie sites available. Do a search on Google, Yahoo!, the search engine of your choice and you'll see what I mean.

Just to wet your appetite, here's a couple that I found. I don't remember where though.

scratchonly 12-04-2007 05:11 PM

google VAR.aviation drawings, click on WWII fighters and then the american flag. Good luck.

TLH101 12-04-2007 06:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple of good ones

swampd 01-02-2018 06:47 AM

Best source ever! Thanks for the link!!!

Chris Nicastro 01-02-2018 04:55 PM

Buy a 1/32 scale plastic model kit so you get physical info and 3 view documents. It’s expensive but very good for info. Trumpeter has a good model to check out as well as Tamiya. I have the Tamiya model.

Chad Veich 01-02-2018 08:22 PM

The 1/32 scale Tamiya model is amazing and would be an invaluable resource for anyone interested in properly detailing a Corsair model. Not cheap but worth it and you can probably resell them for 75-80% of their retail value once you are done with it assuming you leave it unbuilt and in good condition. One other interesting tidbit, most of the Corsair fuselage is spot welded and does not have rivets.

Chris Nicastro 01-02-2018 10:09 PM

You said F4U-1 A?
Here is the Tamiya page on this model.
1/32 Vought F4U-1A CorsairĀ®
The D version in 1/32
1/32 Vought F4U-1D CorsairĀ®

I have the A model in 1/32 scale and the D version in 1/48. The 1/32 P-51D and the 3 views are great too. Some of the best models to work from for sure.

Trumpeter is about half the price and looks pretty good. Don't bother with Revel because the molds are still not updated and lack detail.

Greg Wright 01-03-2018 05:58 PM

If you can get to a museum with a full scale corsair in it. Thats the best resource for you. The full scale was mostly spot welded together and had fabric covered flying surfaces and the outer wing panels were mostly fabric covered. Not a whole lot of rivets used. Do your research before going crazy on it.