RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   Yellow Aircraft SPITFIRE (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/7460185-yellow-aircraft-spitfire.html)

oldtimer4759 05-05-2008 07:50 PM

Yellow Aircraft SPITFIRE

re the kit for the Yellow Aircraft SPITFIRE, I have had a look at the web site, does anyone know if they have an e-mail address, I am in Australia, so it is a bit hard to contact them. cheers, the Oldtimer.

The Mouth 05-05-2008 08:44 PM

RE: Yellow Aircraft SPITFIRE

i would personally try and call charles at yellow this link should help you out

http://www.yellowaircraft.com/order.htm

hope this helps you out

Jesse Russell

t_burley 05-05-2008 08:54 PM

you can also contact Shaun Evans here
http://www.yellowaircraftplanes.com/

he is a member here on RCU and a Yellow rep.
he has shipped a few Yellow aircraft planes to Australia

Shaun Evans 05-06-2008 12:30 AM

Hi,

Yep, Todd is right. I sure have! I'm happy to do so again. I give better prices and better on-the-phone service, too!

oldtimer4759 05-06-2008 01:07 AM

many thanks for the information, I will follow it up. the Oldtimer.

Peter_OZ 05-06-2008 01:16 AM

sent you a pm

Brad330l 05-21-2008 03:40 AM

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Hi,

Yep, Todd is right. I sure have! I'm happy to do so again. I give better prices and better on-the-phone service, too!

Hi Shaun,
I have been very interested in Yellow Spitty for a long time and am happy to know you have sent them to Australia.
I too shall get hold of you in due course. Any discount for multipal kits say if oldtimer and I got one each sent over together?:D

HiPete.

Regards,
Brad

Peter_OZ 05-21-2008 07:11 AM

hey Brad, how goes married life? All good I hope!

How is the 51 progressing?

cheers
PEter

JET FX 05-21-2008 08:52 AM

For all the Aussies I can also assist with product sales and support as well for Yellow. JET FX Australia are newly appointed authorized dealers for Yellow Aircraft International kits and accessories. Our website and contact information- http://www.jetfx.net
Or feel free to contact me via PM.

Cheers-
Marty Cowan,
JET FX Australia.

Brad330l 05-21-2008 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Peter_OZ

hey Brad, how goes married life? All good I hope!

How is the 51 progressing?

cheers
PEter

Sent you a PM Peter.

Brad330l 05-21-2008 09:08 PM

NOW, This is good news.:D

AND,,, the Aussie doller is right up there.;)

Web site looks great Marty.

Brad

flapper 05-21-2008 11:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Some pics of a friends Yellow Aircraft Spitfire. Running a 3W 70.

Brad330l 05-22-2008 03:35 AM

ORIGINAL: flapper

Some pics of a friends Yellow Aircraft Spitfire. Running a 3W 70.

Very nice.
Oh man it must really motor with a '70' up front.

Now where is that VISA card???????

Brad

JET FX 05-22-2008 04:10 AM

Thanks Brad glad you like the site....
Your right re USD v AUD exchange rate!!! its great for the Aussie modeller in that respect at the moment. Personally I have been eyeing off one of the Yellow ARF Spitfires myself for a long while, the P-40 ARF also is tempting me. Might be about time for me to bite the bullet I reckon :D

Flapper thats one pretty Spitfire mate, theres nothing quite like that eliptical wing shape in a low level precision turn eh ;)

Cheers- Marty

Edwin 05-22-2008 08:07 AM

A 70? I just got one of these kits and was planning on a 50 or so. How does it do with the 70?
Edwin

BOLTMAN 05-22-2008 08:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Brad330l

Oh man it must really motor with a '70' up front.

Brad
Hell Yeah it must go!!!!!!

My father used to fly one of these with a Moki 30cc and it went pretty well.

Peter_OZ 05-22-2008 08:29 AM

me thinks I had better get my John Miles 90" MkXII in the air, G38, not as much poke but it is as light as so should go well. Similar size I think

zorby 05-22-2008 06:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have never seen someone hand turn a rolls royce V 12 before ! Great shot Flapper....and a lovely spitty...I have always liked the versions with the larger fin and rudder. Even the ol' kiwi dollar is good against the us at the mo.....a Yellow Spitfire is very very tempting.
cheers Pat

flapper 05-22-2008 08:31 PM

A bit of artistic license with the photos.......
Yes it does get along quite well. The owner is very experienced with over 35 years in the sport. He purchased the kit about 5 years ago I believe on a business trip to the US and spent a while building it. He opted for the 3W70 as he likes fast models and is quite capable to build and engineer the model to accept the extra grunt. I have checked the speed of the Spitty using a Kustom Signals Pro Laser III LIDAR at 256km/h so that should give you some idea of it's potential. Despite the extra power from the 3W70 the owner assures me it handles quite well at low speed and it is a pleasure to watch during takeoff and landing. His 15 year old son handles the model with ease.
It is set up with a Keleo custom exhaust system which produces a great sound from the exhaust stacks.
The model was a main drawcard at our clubs recent Model Airshow which was attended by over 2000 spectators.

Please check out the pics at:
http://www.gosfordcityaeromodellers.com

Happy flying
Mark

Shaun Evans 06-16-2008 01:00 AM

Hi,

Hi Shaun,
I have been very interested in Yellow Spitty for a long time and am happy to know you have sent them to Australia.
I too shall get hold of you in due course. Any discount for multipal kits say if oldtimer and I got one each sent over together?:D

HiPete.

Regards,
Brad

Hey,

The answer is 'Yes'. I'm always willing to make a deal, especially for my friends down under!

Brad330l 06-16-2008 06:07 AM

Hi,

Hi Shaun,

HiPete.

Regards,
Brad

Hey,

The answer is 'Yes'. I'm always willing to make a deal, especially for my friends down under!
Thanks Mate but I have secured kit from Martin here in OZ.
Good to know you guys are wiling to deal with us down here. You never know what the future will hold.

Thanks again with regards,
Brad