RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   ATTENTION: All Top Flite Corsair, P-40, ROBART 615 & CJM Retract Owners !PLEASE READ! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/870108-attention-all-top-flite-corsair-p-40-robart-615-cjm-retract-owners-please-read.html)

Rocketman612 11-05-2004 11:59 AM

RE: Reponse from Sierra

ORIGINAL: F4u5

Gee..As an A&P mechanic, I guess I don't understand it all. Luke....ever built a Top Flite? Probably not. Know what is required to fit gear to TF F4U...probably not. In other words, don't speak to generalizations. Is Luke talented....yes? Is he the guru...No! I know Luke was more than willing to take "pot shots" at my Corsair build on line. I never bit.....I am above that. But, 2 years later, he is like the virus from below...never quitting. So, time to fire back. I am not a "true to scale" builder. But, I have fun, and all my birds fly. Maybe that leaves me open to his criticism....sure.....do I care.....NO! Who is Luke? Everyone is entitled to their opinion...but Luke takes it to a new height. I have many opinions...but I am mature enough to know when to keep them to my self....until now. I decided to stoop to his level. I am sorry, but when it comes to self indulgence...Luke takes the cake on self indulgence....it is called arrogance. Sorry 633rd and the rest, but if I ran a poll on if most people find Luke abrasive, like Bush, I think I would win. Why else did he disappear for months? As well, why was he threatened with banishment a few times from this forum? It is called tolerance, but only to a degree. Then, people get tired. E-N-O-U-G-H. Arrogant...indeed he is. Can Luke do a better job on gear...let's see the goods. Easy to talk trash. People like this have convinced me to hang up my Moderator posiotin.[:-]. Ready for fire! Give me a call. So, if I do not resign my moderator position, this will surely do it. But, to hell with establishment. I have injured my lip too many times in biting it by keeping quiet ib coming to the defense of others in reply to Dionsybabblestoomuch..it is starting to hurt. My grandfather was a radio operator in the 11th Air Force on B-17's, these are the folks I look up to. So, as he would say..."The hell with the French.....all they did was create mayonaise...the rest is B.S."
Yes I agree Jeff needs a break from the boards. It's obvious to those of us who have been on RCU awhile that several of the moderators and members have "Bonded" how else can you explain this " us verses him" attitude we see here.

I have not found Luke offensive. His opinions are just that HIS OPINIONS. They are thoughtful and supported. The discussion or debate of them has always left me a more informed modeler.

RCU is about our love for this hobby and we should keep that in mind.

Just my opinion, Peter Veneziano

toucano 11-05-2004 12:47 PM

Somewhere, there's a Barney discussion board where all the kids are intelligently talking about retractable rotating landing gear.

AT RCU, there's a bunch of men acting like kids.

jthomson 11-05-2004 01:22 PM

Things can only get out of hand if people keep talking about them. I'm not going to feed the fire by voting. Everyone should be included until they break the rules badly enough (what ever that is).

I would love to hear something about the current topic of airplanes and the effect of moving the landing gear around relative to the CG.

juvatwad 11-06-2004 02:59 AM

I agree that it's a big no-no to post someone's private message. Private messages should be kept private.

Never say anything you don't want repeated whether via the forum or a PM. I realize it's probably embarassing to have one's true character revealed on an open forum, but that's the way it goes.

By the way, I didn't post a copy of dino's message to me to criticize his spelling or typing (as he suggested to me, rather ridiculously), but rather to counter voyager's claim that dino was neither "offensive", "rude", nor "abrasive". He's all three. I would have initially responded via a PM, but he conveniently blocked my access to him via that route right after he sent the message to me. That little maneuver speaks volumes on what dino is all about.

Paul Grubich 11-06-2004 07:49 PM

Sorry guys I have asked to close this one down. Lets please be a little less hostle next time.