Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
Reload this Page >

rc battleship fun

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

rc battleship fun

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 07:40 PM
duke nuke em

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc battleship fun

i would like to know away for me and my friend to have wars with battle ships in his pond with out have to buy radios or servos u know the ones that go strait forward (to ram each other) any info will be helpfull. im only 13 not much money so u get the pic
Old 06-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Wreno

Default RE: rc battleship fun

Use your imagination. You don't need battleships for ramming (and many clubs that do warship combat prohibit rramming in their rules). If you are going to control them, you will need radios/servos, etc., but they need not be expensive. Surely, by 13, you have an old R/C car or boat or two you can scavange from? Be sure to waterproof, though.

Of course, the story is that the hobby got started by taking powered models with no radios, tying a string to an anchor so that they would just sail in circles, and then shoot them up with BB guns. More or less destroys the model.

For the actual warship combat, I recommend following the Big Guns Model Warship group (Big Gun format) or the IRCWCC group (Small or Fast Gun format) on Yahoo, and visiting web sites. I understand there are fledgling clubs starting in AZ and NM, but I don't know much about them. You can certainly visit our site for links to get you started.

Wreno
NTXBG
[link=http://www.ntxbg.org]www.ntxbg.org[/link]
Old 06-07-2005, 09:02 PM
Wreno

I just reread your post. AR, not AZ, sorry. There was a Fast Gun battle there a couple of weekends ago in Siloam Springs. Don't know how often they battle there. And, the NTXBG is not too far from some places in AR (it battles monthly, just SE of Dallas, Texas). I would look for the closest club and check it out. It is not that $ intensive to get started, especially with a transport, and not terribly $ intensive to keep a ship on the pond.

Wreno
Old 06-07-2005, 10:25 PM
duke nuke em

thanks but ive been thinking of this will workingon my b-29 model and ive decided to get a motorized model and start a racing club thing. and wait till i have a job to get the battleship with all the stuff. i dont have much money cause i now have to hoobys keeping snkaes and rc stuuf i keep 1 gartersnake 1 python 3 geckos and they cost some $$$ to take care of so i think racing motorized battleship models will do for know (i will be racing 1/800th scale there the only ones i can find that are ready to be turned into motorized. so thanks anyways ill take ur advice
Old 06-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Wreno

Keep in mind that there are transports, like the Komet and the Kormoran, that are relatively cheap to build as transports in 1:144 scale, and they can later be armed as raiders (at least in Big Gun) to compete in other clubs. However, do what you find fun - that is the main point, after all.

Wreno