Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
Reload this Page >

How many of you...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

How many of you...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 09:08 PM
subhunter13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many of you...

Are members of The Mid Atlantic Battle Group?
If so, how is it?
Old 06-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Wreno

Default RE: How many of you...

I don't know of any MABG guys that hang out here. Mostly they hang out on the BigGunsModelWarship Yahoo Group and other places. I know some of the guys, and have two of their former ships. Seem to be a good group. Haven't battled with them, though.

Where, exactly are you located? Chesapeake Battle Group, up in MD is not that far away from some of eht MABG guys. I have battled with the CBG guys - they come down for NABGO, here in Texas every year. NABGO, the North American Big Gun Open is our national event, being held July 5th - 8th tyis year. If you want to see some ships and see how it is done, this is a good place to do so. Info and signeup materials are on the NABGO.org web site under downloads. some pictures are at [link=http://www.warship.wynne.ws]www.warship.wynne.ws[/link]

Wreno
Old 06-13-2007, 07:33 PM
subhunter13

I was just asking because I might move into their teritory.
Currently, I'm in LOAF teritory. (lower ozarks attack floatillia) But I'm not a member.
Incedently, I've noticed their website has had problems. Know anything about that?
Old 06-13-2007, 11:57 PM
Wreno

I seem to recall that they maynot have an active Webmaster-type. I also seem to recall hearing they were moving to RCNAVALCOMBAT.com's hosted sites or the Yahoo groups for communications, don't really know. Seems a lot of clubs have web site decline when one keu member gets burnout, moves, whatever. Sad, really, to see some of the ones that have passed on.

Are you a Big Guns guy? MABG is, of course Big Gun. If so, being in MO, do you know about NABGO, the Big Guns nationals? Info is on the nabgo.org web site.

Wreno
Old 06-14-2007, 05:01 PM
subhunter13

Yeah, Big gun is the better of the two.
What club you in, The texas battle group?
Old 06-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Wreno

ORIGINAL: subhunter13

Yeah, Big gun is the better of the two.
What club you in, The texas battle group?
I am not so sure it is a question of "better" or not, but it suits me. Of course, if Small/Fast Gun were the only one close, I wouldn't be particularly worried/disappointed about having to battle in that style. In fact, I am thinking about attending the MWC nats later this summer, right after our nationala, NABGO. Different strokes for different folks, but it is all good.

As for club, yes, I am in the North Texas Battle Group (NTXBG).
Again, if you are moving up to that area, both Chesapeake and MABG have good guys. Some of the Chesapeake guys will be down here to battle at NABGO July 5-8, if you want to come and battle them or pick their brains.

Wreno