Community
Search
Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

Parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Electrolight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts

I know (for the most part) the concept of a CO2 powered gun. But where can I get the parts to build one I've seen some finished ones but they seem to be very expensive. Also, how do you radio control when to shoot and how to aim? Any info or links would be nice thanks.

Noob.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:19 PM
johnmCA72

Default RE: Parts

ORIGINAL: Electrolight

I know (for the most part) the concept of a CO2 powered gun. But where can I get the parts to build one I've seen some finished ones but they seem to be very expensive. Also, how do you radio control when to shoot and how to aim? Any info or links would be nice thanks.

Noob.
They're a challenge to build, alright. Various people have come & gone in the R/C warship gun-building business. It's tough to build them at a price point where people will buy, & it takes a lot of time to make parts, assemble, & test them. Right now, about the only reliable source is BDE: http://www.bderc.com has finished guns as well as plans if you want to try to do it yourself.

There are some articles that explain how it works on:

http://www.ntxbg.org - go to the On The Ways page
http://www.rcwarships.com - go to the Naval War College page

There are 2 basic ways to get it done:

1. Use a servo to operate a push-button poppet valve.
2. Use an electronic switch to activate an electronic solenoid valve.

Poke around those 2 sites & you should find plenty of info (including links to still more sites).

JM
Old 08-18-2007, 11:28 PM
kotori

Default RE: Parts

Ultimately, if you want to build cannons, you need to spend money and time to get the tools (lathe, mill) and materials. To make good cannons, you need good tools and you need to know how to use them very well. If you want to buy cannons, BDE makes very reliable cannons at a good price. I've seen cannons sold for cheaper inside the club, but the quality is not guaranteed on those. BDE has contracted out to a CNC machine shop to make their stuff.

BDE also has plans and rib sections t build the hull, as well as CO2 bottles, firing valves, gas line, and other gas equipment. While it's not a one-stop shop, it's a good start.

Have you visited a NTXBG battle yet?