Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
Reload this Page >

help, need bismark kit!!!!!!

Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

help, need bismark kit!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2007, 07:40 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help, need bismark kit!!!!!!

hey i am looking all around to try and find a scale warship kit of the bismark. I have only found one but i would have to order it from the uk, and it said that it would not come with fittings. Where would i get, so could some one give me a link to a site that carry a bismark. Thanks
Old 11-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Wreno

Default RE: help, need bismark kit!!!!!!

First, are you wanting it for combat or for just sailing (as in for finescale). Also, what scale?

Cheers,

Wreno
Old 11-02-2007, 12:04 AM
kotori

Are you looking specifically for a kit of the Bismark for the sport of RC warship combat, or will any kit due? Do you just want a static model, or RC? What size model are you looking for? Bismark is a famous ship so there are a fair number of kits available for it, or you could build your own from scratch in any size you want, with whatever features you want. More information would help a lot.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:18 AM
[email protected]

i want a fine scale just for sailing around. i found one that comes with all the fittings, but i would have to ship it from europe
here is the web site

http://www.westbourne-models.com/erol.html#4348X4362

Thanks
Old 11-05-2007, 04:59 PM
johnmCA72

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

i want a fine scale just for sailing around. i found one that comes with all the fittings, but i would have to ship it from europe
here is the web site

http://www.westbourne-models.com/erol.html#4348X4362

Thanks
You might want to ask in one of the more scale-oriented forums. Combat isn't very conducive to scale details - stuff tends to get shot off! Google on "aero naut" (the maker of the kit) & Bismarck - you might find a US or Canadian retailer. Maybe check eBay, too.

JM

Old 11-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Wreno

Amax Toys in Hong Kong has them in a couple of different scales. There is a Canadian hobby shop that carries them, and you can find them on E-Bay. The 1/144 is about $1100-1600. The smaller versions are considerably less.

You might also check with Loyalhanna dockyard. Although the Bismarck is not on their kits list, they handle Tien Jie kits, and I think there is a Bis available.

Keep in mind that while most of the guys on the RC Warship Combat list appreciate fine-scale models, their focus is usually to build models that are sheathed in balsa and actually fire ball bearings or BBs at each other's ships. It is actual combat. And, when the water overcomes the bilge pump, they sink, are recovered, patched and battled again.

Goof luck,

Wreno
Old 11-05-2007, 07:31 PM
[email protected]

Y would i pay like $1200 for a 1:144 scale when i can get a 1:200 scale for $450 with all the fittings.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Wreno

1) it is a LOT larger (66" for the 1/144 vs a tad over 47" for the 1/144).
2) it probably has a fiberglass hull for strength, the 1/200 may or may not.
3) it is the proper size for most RC Warship Combat clubs that do combat, and is large enough to arm.

The 1/200 is not easily armed, and no clubs that I am aware of battle that size. The more common combat sizes are 1/144. 1/96, and 1/72. Why 3 sizes? To accommodate the different classes of ships easily, and keep them small/light enough to transport/launch/recover/handle.

Remember, this is a RC Warship Combat forum.

Cheers,

Wreno
Old 09-10-2009, 09:50 AM
larrysouther

try calling BassRiver boatworks in So. Yarmouth Ma. He has one for sale scratch built 6and1/2feet for around $800.00
Old 09-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Wreno

[link=http://www.strikemodels.com/products/]http://www.strikemodels.com/products/[/link] carries a Bismarck kit in 1/144, for RX Model Warship combat. If you are looking for one to sail or battle, this is a pretty good choice. If you are looking for one to do finescale, you will need to do some work on the stern, which was optimized for combat.

Cheers,

Wreno