Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
Reload this Page >

Swamp works hull Questions...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

Swamp works hull Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Sarges_heroes2003
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swamp works hull Questions...

Hey guys,
I am considering buying a swamp works fiberglass hull (used) and I was wondering how they stack up to others like battlers connection? I had heard that swampworks hulls were a little on the thin side, this true?? any thing else about swampworks hulls that should steer me away??

Thanks,
darren matthews
Old 02-12-2008, 09:20 PM
kotori

Default RE: Swamp works hull Questions...

Well Sarge, it depends on whether you intend to build a combat model or not. Swampworks hulls are somewhat thinner than BC hulls, but that only matters if you plan to cut penetrable windows in the hull and need strong ribs to hold up under fire. If you don't plan to cut windows in the hull, it should be perfectly fine. If you DO plan to cut windows, you can either lay in wooden reinforcements or pile on more fiberglass on the sides. Some of the swampworks hulls were not completely accurate, either. the Swampworks KGV hull was several inches short, and their bismark had a modified stern to fit a larger center prop. None of it was enough to prevent someone from battling, but its worth a heads-up.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Again it is true, it all depends which hull youre looking at. The lutzow hull i have of theres has withstood 3 refits and lots of abuse, its a tough puppy. It was also their most sold unit so, that could explain its toughness :P
Old 02-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Sarges_heroes2003
My Feedback: (6)

it is for Combat. I will be under MWC rules. Hhhrrmm, I may just go to battlers and get one of there cruisers then. In that case do you think the center prop/ single rudder of the prince eugean will give it good turning?? thanks!!

P.S. its for my first combat ship.